Sponsored

When OEM size MPSS's are discontinued what are you going to do?

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well that's what I was thinking that they'll be done with the MPSS's and rely on the up to date offering which is the Sport Cup 2.

Now I know some will say "how could Ford possibly do that! Think of all us who drive on the street!" Well, the car left the factory with SC2's that were engineered for the car...which is street legal. And since it's an update, basically "offering 2.0", they're going to go with the most up to date system.
Sponsored

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Well that's what I was thinking that they'll be done with the MPSS's and rely on the up to date offering which is the Sport Cup 2.

Now I know some will say "how could Ford possibly do that! Think of all us who drive on the street!" Well, the car left the factory with SC2's that were engineered for the car...which is street legal. And since it's an update, basically "offering 2.0", they're going to go with the most up to date system.
Very good topic! I intend to daily mine (if it ever leaves Flat Rock) and I didn't want to burn through a set of semi-race tires with a treadwear rating of 180 and a price tag of $1750 a set.

I've spent hours on the internet and if you want to stick with the stock sizes you're looking at SC2's or SS's (with a treadwear rating of 300 + Free 2-year road hazard from Tire Rack) for $1375.

I must say, dropping the aspect ratio down to 30 is eye-opening! Suddenly you have (14) choices ranging from $806 to $2216!

Any recommendations for wheels that I can mount those SC2's on in case I want to spend a day at the track?

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Very good topic! I intend to daily mine (if it ever leaves Flat Rock) and I didn't want to burn through a set of semi-race tires with a treadwear rating of 180 and a price tag of $1750 a set.

I've spent hours on the internet and if you want to stick with the stock sizes you're looking at SC2's or SS's (with a treadwear rating of 300 + Free 2-year road hazard from Tire Rack) for $1375.

I must say, dropping the aspect ratio down to 30 is eye-opening! Suddenly you have (14) choices ranging from $806 to $2216!

Any recommendations for wheels that I can mount those SC2's on in case I want to spend a day at the track?
A lot of us running Signature Wheels for a 2nd set. @50 Deep can set you up. For my R, I'm using the carbon fiber wheels with Cup2 tires for the track, and Signature SV501 with MPSS for the street (and wet track). Moving from the Cup2 to the MPSS made the car dramatically more street friendly: the tramlining is gone, the ride is quieter and softer, and rain is no longer terrifying. I love that Ford (and Porsche and others) will sell you a car on Cup2s, but it's really a limiting factor in regular use unless you live in a very dry climate.

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
They do make them in 295/35ZR19 sizes. I plan on using the 295/35ZR19 MPS 4S's on both front and rear. Yes I will lose .4" of rear tread but on the street it will not make any difference to me.
Sponsored