Sponsored

Firemission: contact Michelin to ask for PS4S in GT350 sizes

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I asked Michelin a few times about when the PS4S will be available in the GT350 (non-R) stock sizes, and this was their last reply:
michelin-ps4s.gif

Obviously this sucks for those of us who want to keep using Michelin tires in the stock sizes.

I definitely don't want to go to a 30 series tire because that will lower the car even more, and the splitter already scrapes on everything.

If enough of us contact Michelin, perhaps they'll reconsider. Go here and click the yellow "email us" link:

michelin-email-us.gif

Here's an example message to send them:

Can you give an estimate on when the Pilot Sport 4S will be available in 295/35R19 and 305/35R19? I am aware the Pilot Super Sport is available in this size, I specifically want to know when the Pilot Sport 4S will be available.

Feel free to personalize to your liking.
Sponsored

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
I'm running the Pilot 4S 305/30/19 tires on my R on all 4 corners (stock wheels) with no issues. I've not seen a big difference re: more contact/rubbing on the front splitter. You should be able to do the same on the non-R if you are not concerned about an exact match.

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I'm running the Pilot 4S 305/30/19 tires on my R on all 4 corners (stock wheels) with no issues. I've not seen a big difference re: more contact/rubbing on the front splitter. You should be able to do the same on the non-R if you are not concerned about an exact match.
I refer you to the OP:

Obviously this sucks for those of us who want to keep using Michelin tires in the stock sizes.

I definitely don't want to go to a 30 series tire because that will lower the car even more, and the splitter already scrapes on everything.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Why not send it to Ford? They’re the ones that didn’t requalify for an updated tire and selected a brand new 35 profile Sport Cup 2, while leaving the PSS in use. I wish I understood sales to an auto mfg like a Ford, but I assume Michelin doesn’t move without their say-so. Doesn’t make business sense.

These threads keep popping up for the MP4S, glad it has fans, but the next step seems like email bombing Jim Hackett.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
They're still producing the MPSS...
For now. How long until it's discontinued?

Why not send it to Ford? They’re the ones that didn’t requalify for an updated tire and selected a brand new 35 profile Sport Cup 2, while leaving the PSS in use. I wish I understood sales to an auto mfg like a Ford, but I assume Michelin doesn’t move without their say-so. Doesn’t make business sense.

These threads keep popping up for the MP4S, glad it has fans, but the next step seems like email bombing Jim Hackett.
A couple of things. One, Michelin sells these tires to anybody. Not just Ford and not just anybody with a GT350 - they sell them to anybody. If there's demand, it stands to reason they should produce them.

Two, the SC2 is a 200 treadwear tire and I and many others don't want to replace tires that often.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Two, the SC2 is a 200 treadwear tire and I and many others don't want to replace tires that often.
Exactly! Not at $1743 a set! Also, Tire Rack includes a free 2-year road hazard on the SS's and nothing on the SC2's...

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I love my Continentals, but I will admit I would have stuck with a PSS if they had a 305/30 and 325/30 (or even better a 315/30) combo!

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Have a pic of how low the car is on the 35 series profile?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Spart

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Have a pic of how low the car is on the 35 series profile?
It's at factory ride height, but the splitter on these cars sticks out quite a bit past the wheels and is decently low, making for an abysmal approach angle.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Firemission! You know how to get a 13B's attention.
Sponsored