Sponsored

Looking at trading it in but i'm not sure if the move is worth it

carlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Love your current car, but maybe I've had one too many.
The pic on the bottom left moves when I hover my mouse over it. Anybody else getting this?
Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I’d like to own a GT350 but the lack of funds gets in the way. I’m lucky I have what I have.

“To be honest the only reason I am considering the trade on the GT 350 is the prestige of owning a Shelby GT350”

Yeah about that prestige. Go out to dinner and ask the waitress if she would like a GT350. Then ask the bartender. Then go to the gas station and ask the attendant. I bet you none of them know what a GT 350 is. Us car guys do but most people don’t. That’s my take on that YMMV
Most people, car people or not know what a Shelby is.

OP
OP
N17

N17

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350, 2018 Macan T , 2021 Ram 1500, 2015 R8
So as luck would have it my brother in law just got a job at a GM dealer near me as a parts guy,(He currently works for Subaru, owned by the same group that owns the GM dealership), he will be starting next week.
I am hoping he can help me get some kind of a deal on the car if I decide to buy it, The plan is to wait a few weeks for him to get settled in and introduce me to one of the sales guys.
I think my mind is pretty much made up on the Z06, unless the test drive goes really bad or they low ball me on my car.
I will keep you updated!

JiminVirginia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Shelby GT350. No stripes.
I've owned three ZO6s (two C5s and a C6). You'll be bored, and the dealer will see the car as much as you will (latest issue is bent wheel syndrome).

Don't sell your gorgeous car just because you're restless.

But good luck whatever you do.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....the only reason I am considering the trade on the GT 350 is the prestige of owning a Shelby GT350.....
I'm uncertain of your meaning of "prestige", what that means to you.

The definition; "..widespread respect and admiration felt for someone or something on the basis of a perception of their achievements or quality." To me, that basically means you want attention, you want your car to get you attention. If you're honest with yourself, and that's the truth, step up and get a Lambo or Ferrari. Something that really makes a statement. Then you'll get the attention you crave.

If not, perhaps you're just bored.

You gotta figure out your own mental and emotional state with your vehicle, or you'll never be satisfied.

As far as C7s, I've test driven them recently, and they are amazing cars. There's a big difference between a true sports car that starts at $50K, and a coupe that starts life as a $26K grocery-getter. A big difference. And they're giving new C7s away right now, getting ready for the C8s. That removable roof panel is worth the price of admission.

C7s are tiny inside, not comfortable for larger people, hard to get in and out of. But that's really the only downside I uncovered when I was looking at them. The only other issue I found was the run-flat tires that come on the car. Crappy steering feel, bad ride, and noisy. Replacing them makes a huge difference.

The problem with Z06s is that there is only 1 tire choice other than the OEM tires, while if you get a Stingray you'd have lots of choices. I'd highly suggest a 2LT Z51 Magneride Stingray, they're amazing values for the dollar, and you can modify them to your desires.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Don't fall for the Shelby "prestige". I did to some extent when I had my GT500, and it didn't live up to the hype my mind had generated for it....

GT350 is a track terror. You'll miss your GT in normal traffic driving situations, trust me. I found the GT350 almost underpowered in comparison around town, I thought it needed 4.09s in the axle to take advantage of the Voodoo as a driver.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
@N17

How did you mount your front plate? I've got the Sto N Sho bracket which mounts under the splitter but I am scraping now that I am lowered. I like the way yours looks.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
So as luck would have it my brother in law just got a job at a GM dealer near me as a parts guy,(He currently works for Subaru, owned by the same group that owns the GM dealership), he will be starting next week.
I am hoping he can help me get some kind of a deal on the car if I decide to buy it, The plan is to wait a few weeks for him to get settled in and introduce me to one of the sales guys.
I think my mind is pretty much made up on the Z06, unless the test drive goes really bad or they low ball me on my car.
I will keep you updated!

Just curious...

Did you get he Black Z06 at the dealer by the 404 and Hwy 7? Someone bought it! :rockon:

If that was you, before you leave me in the blue collar ghetto - and go to the Corvette forums (I used to spend some time there), update us! And if you did snatch that car - any regrets? Post purchase dissonance? I need to know as I put a down payment on a black one just like that over a year ago. So you are myself that bought the car if that was you. You owe me that (since I didn’t have cancer in the end and bailed on the purchase - being a cheap guy) at least - right?

But let us know if you moved on buying the car... I’m figuring you will get the email. Hey, at least I tried!

Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Put a Whipple, a fuel system, and E85 on the '17 PP and rule the world for far less cash. I might be in a minority here, but I don't care much for the Vette.
Drive the Vette and if it seems worth it, do it, can always go back. I wouldn't personally go to the GT350 unless I just wanted a track car. My Whippled 18 GT is more car than I ever imagined possible legally and now that Carroll has past away, the Shelby name is just a marketing gimmick to me. My $44k Supercharged GT will take any stock Shelby, Hellcat and most Corvettes with the exception of the ZR1

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
For me it's not about going fast, the car is fast enough. It is more about having something unique, that's why I modded my car so it doesn't look like every other mustang in my area.
That is also the reason I would only consider a Z06 instead of a regular vette.
you wanted something unique and you bought a Mustang. OK.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
you wanted something unique and you bought a Mustang. OK.
He bought a Mustang and then modded it to make it unique, like most of us do. OK.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Just my $0.02, but there will NEVER be another piece of GM junk in my driveway, with three exceptions: '66 or '67 GTO convertible or '67 Grand Prix convertible. Therefore, MHO votes for a GT350 or a GT500.
Sponsored