Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yes, the JLT comes with the snorkel.

I added some 2" foam to the top of my JLT "box" so that it seals with the hood. My IAT's stay within 3-4F during cruising, at idle it will raise 20-25 over ambient and starts dropping as soon as I get moving. I have headers as well, which I do believe increases underhood temperatures quite a bit. Also, timing doesn't start to get pulled until around 140F IAT or so.
I've hit 137 degrees while idling, but the fans kicked on and my IAT's went back down to 125. I didn't expect that to happen but it can help. Once temps get to 102 here, it will get interesting. That is if I haven't already swapped back to my stock intake or Airaid.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yes, the JLT comes with the snorkel.

I added some 2" foam to the top of my JLT "box" so that it seals with the hood. My IAT's stay within 3-4F during cruising, at idle it will raise 20-25 over ambient and starts dropping as soon as I get moving. I have headers as well, which I do believe increases underhood temperatures quite a bit. Also, timing doesn't start to get pulled until around 140F IAT or so.
Where did you get the foam? Also, how did you know timing doesn't get pulled until 140F?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I compared the Airaid tube (with the insert) to the 18 stock intake measuring across. Both are really close to being the same. I think the only one that would be bigger would be the Severe Windstorm version with that insert cut out.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Drove the car out to the country over the weekend and boy is it running & sounding great with the stock intake as it sits. I'm really hesitant to take it off and swap in the Severe Windstorm CAI and tune to possibly find out I don't like it as much.

After a while, the fuel trims and everything just work in sync that you're 100% satisfied that you don't want to mess with a good thing … suspect I'll leave it as is.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you get the foam? Also, how did you know timing doesn't get pulled until 140F?
Lowes. Look around the window insulation area.

I asked my Tooner lol. There is a table in the tune that you can set the timing advance/retard based off IAT.
Sponsored