Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Long ago I covered the Fed-required stickers on one car with spoofs that looked identical at first glance, but when you took the effort to read them, gave instructions on how to increase the likelihood of your surviving the VERY FAST AND DANGEROUS sporty driving experience you were about to undergo. I disremember the exact wording, but some of it had to do with tightening up with your pucker string.
Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
+1 on needing a locking gas door. I get that there are design features already incorporated to prevent siphoning, but what about preventing the malicious from putting something nasty in?

The center console compartment needs to lock with the doors for all models and not just the upgraded security.

They also need to lock the glove box with doors. It is awesome that the key FOB never needs to come out of the pocket... Oh wait, unless you need to use the glove box.

An instrument cluster option to autolock the doors within 30 seconds of the key FOB leaving range would be nice too.

And does anyone know if it is possible to disable the restart without the key FOB "feature"? If I recall correctly the timeout is long enough for anyone to hop in and drive off after I park and walk towards the store. Very annoying to have to roll up the windows and secure everything for a simple trip into the post office box. Having a vert would be even worse (unless that is disabled on verts...which means maybe Forscan can disable it???)

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
OK, I went back and checked the owner's manual... The "Fast Restart" feature (pg. 121) has a 20 second timeout, so not as bad as I remembered.

Nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I love the car overall, but the paint quality is the worst.

I baby the car and take care of the finish, but it is covered with paint chips up front and between the doors and rear wheels after just a year of ownership.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I recall correctly the timeout is long enough for anyone to hop in and drive off after I park and walk towards the store. Very annoying to have to roll up the windows and secure everything for a simple trip into the post office box. Having a vert would be even worse (unless that is disabled on verts...which means maybe Forscan can disable it???)
Simple fix: Just lock the car. That deactivates the quick restart. It's not like touching the door handle to lock the door behind you is any kind of chore... hell, it's become force of habit for me

Sponsored

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
The worst part is definitely the quality, I know it’s not a BMW, but the paint on my Bullitt is pretty poor, with lint in the finish in a few places. Not game to buff them out in case they’re in the paint rather than the clear coat.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
The problem with cleaning the inside of the rear glass comes with owning a fastback. I just wish that Ford offered aluminum louvers like the mach 1 had. My biggest gripe is that the steering wheel controls for the dash display and radio controls, are reversed from my 2013 Mustang and 2017 F150. WTF is up with that? And it wouldn't kill them to have adjustable seat backs, especially since the seat belt blocks the lever. On my F150 it is a big help on long trips.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can we stop using BMW as a standard of good quality? The myth of German Engineering has got to die. I hope my Mustang is at least... three times more reliable. Because how are we supposed to teach kids to drive good if they can't even afford to keep up with a laundry list if maintenance issues?
To be fair, the Germans definitely have us beat in paint quality and interior materials quality...

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DonaldTrumpFan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
I love it. But want USB Outlets near the rear view mirror and rear window.

For dash cams.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
I love it. But want USB Outlets near the rear view mirror and rear window.

For dash cams.
I tucked the dash cam wires up into the headliner then over to the right side of the car. Power runs down the right side A pillar to the kick panel fuse block. There is also a wiring harness in a tunnel down the right side of the headliner to get the wire around back for the rear camera. There is enough extra space in that tunnel to run the excess cable back and forth a few times too. All you have to remove is to pull back the top of the weather stripping and maybe a few of those snap on plastic interior panels (or just tuck the wires in the edge of the plastic without removing the panel). Be sure to stay clear of the airbag deployment zones.

Sponsored

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
... My biggest gripe is that the steering wheel controls for the dash display and radio controls, are reversed from my 2013 Mustang and 2017 F150. WTF is up with that? And it wouldn't kill them to have adjustable seat backs, especially since the seat belt blocks the lever. On my F150 it is a big help on long trips.
And why is the source button sticking up in the middle of all the others? It should be flush or moved completely. It only ever gets pushed by accident when reaching around it for the other buttons.

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Drivers door not properly lined up when closed. Sticks out ever so slightly by the door handle. Rear upper seats not made the same. When I look in mirror the pass side sits higher than drivers right in the middle. Nav screen graphic not nearly as sharp as the IP cluster. But when I NAIL the gas and hear the coyote yowl it ALL goes away!!!!!!!!!!

7Leugas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT PP
Rear wheel hub Bearing!!!! In my 17' driver side only I've been through 2 in the last five months.
And they are always out of stock @ CJ, LMR & AM.

nameuser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2, 1969 Chevelle
Vehicle Showcase
I wish that Ford had made 2018 and 19 coil pack covers that fit the GT ..oh we'll just do it myself...
IMG_20190520_195621365.jpg
I'd like to know more about how you did this. I've been dying to do this/buy this. Also need an 18 steering wheel upgrade.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
The dipstick location: Checking the oil with a strut tower brace is a stupidly difficult maneuver
Sponsored