Sponsored

Been Reading Other Forums

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The biggest issue with any specific vehicle forum is the posters/owners. Forums attract the real enthusiasts that are really into their vehicles...........too much so at times. I remember thinking people here were a bit over-the-top and OCD,
You forgot break in procedures :crackup:

Meanwhile, nastang is over here just crossing 17,000 on a GT350 that was autocrossed at 200 miles and happy as a clam.
Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Of course we are going to champion the Mustang - this is a Mustang enthusiasts forum not a storm bunker forum.

Like Dahhh.
Ok I lol'd at this as a new GT owner effective later today. I pick the car up at 3:00. I traded in a 5th Gen Camaro SS so I got the bunker term and you are spot on!

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
I'm picking up my 2019 GT with the A10 later today. Can't wait!! I have been reading about the Mustang over here and to be honest the issues section scared the $hit out of me to the point I wasn't going to buy one & just keep my fat backsided 5th Gen SS. The problems with the A8 trans in the 6th Gen Camaro's is pretty widespread it seems & GM is facing a class action for the A8 across multiple product lines. I don't think that one is forum paranoia from my lengthy reading of the issues. Bottom line is I'm staying in this general forum to talk about how cool these cars are. I'm staying out of that problem one that's for sure.

On a comical note I fired up my BBQ last night & suddenly thought I hope my GT doesn't sound like that lighter did LOL. (No I didn't really think that:) )

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
I'm on my third Coyote/MT82. 2012, 2016 & 2018. 50k miles on first one, 30k miles on second and presently 13k miles on the 2018.

No problems with any of them.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
The members who are constantly stirring the pot in the issues section don't even own an 18+ GT. When I point out the simple, not to worry, reasons for the noises owners are hearing the pot stirrers don't like it one bit!

I've had my GT with A10 for a year now. It's a mechanical marvel and absolutely beautiful.
Agreed 100%. Be sure folks to ignore the thread creators in that section (monster up and down going nowhere speculative threads). Then you will simply not see these threads that get constantly updated any longer. I wish I learned that earlier.

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
The members who are constantly stirring the pot in the issues section don't even own an 18+ GT. When I point out the simple, not to worry, reasons for the noises owners are hearing the pot stirrers don't like it one bit!

I've had my GT with A10 for a year now. It's a mechanical marvel and absolutely beautiful.
Thanks for the reply. I've only test driven my car for about 45 minutes so far but I was darned impressed with it. And my girlfriend loved my Camaro and has never liked Mustangs. About 15 minutes into the test drive her attitude changed and she said she loved the car.And I haven't even had a chance to see what I'm sure its more than capable of doing.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
I only grill with natural hardwood charcoal and wood chips. If my engine ever sounds like a box of matches I'll let the forum know for sure.
Hey Mike that looks like Velocity Blue in your avatar? Thats what I bought with the black accent package. I love the colour.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Glad to see some real world, good news posts from those that actually own the Mustang some like to berate.

Based on what I have seen, a small band of the same folks stir any controversy from a low simmer to a full, rolling boil. This constant rehashed bad press scares off customers. Don't get me wrong, I acknowledge there have been and are some issues with the Mustang.

But comparatively speaking, it seems to me our cars are fairing better overall than some others. The A8 issue seems to be pretty pervasive in the GM product line. The Cadillac CTS cars had torque converter issues years back. I find it incredulous that after all these years GM can't produce a reliable torque converter. I wonder how many engineers it took to achieve this level of incompetence?

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You guys with no problems are so lucky. I had a 2017 Camaro RS, V6 auto 8 speed. The transmission slipped and shuddered so bad the entire car would shake on and off. It was at the dealer more than I drove it. I traded it in on a 2018 Mustang GT. The car was fine when new, then started ticking- that was still fine with me. Then the rattling at 2-3K, then knocking and pinging- which the dealer said it was all normal by the bulletin from Ford regarding the typewriter tick. I cashed it in, got a plan ole used VW Golf, no funny sounds in the engine, it shifts good, no problems and no payments. Not worth making car payments on something that sounds terrible like there's something wrong internally with the engine.

Sponsored

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys with no problems are so lucky. I had a 2017 Camaro RS, V6 auto 8 speed. The transmission slipped and shuddered so bad the entire car would shake on and off. It was at the dealer more than I drove it. I traded it in on a 2018 Mustang GT. The car was fine when new, then started ticking- that was still fine with me. Then the rattling at 2-3K, then knocking and pinging- which the dealer said it was all normal by the bulletin from Ford regarding the typewriter tick. I cashed it in, got a plan ole used VW Golf, no funny sounds in the engine, it shifts good, no problems and no payments. Not worth making car payments on something that sounds terrible like there's something wrong internally with the engine.
Yet you are still here. Ignored.

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And he got a VW. hahahaaaaaaa Classic! - I've owned 6 VWs - all watercooled. My 81 VW Convertible won the Cal Bug Bash '89 - My name is in VW Trends magazine for that.

My wife's 2010 Cabriolet - had two serious issues - door stop check strap broke - due to crappy thin sheet metal - this prevents the door from opening into the fender and 2) The key wouldn't operate the ignition -both well known issues. Very scary - had to jiggle the crap out of the key to operate the ignitiion - in fact service guys couldn't do it - my wife had to do it for them. Both very expensive to replace (couple $K).

I logged a case with VW America - and they told me to pound sand. Even though both issues are widely discussed on VW Forums - they refused to fix my car - even being a loyal VW purchaser - they didn't care one bit. The VW contact guy even lied to me while on the phone - He pulled one of those "I'm sorry - I have a bad connection..." I even offered to pay willing that they would give me a discount - they said no.

I bought:
Brand new 85 Golf GTI - Broadway VW 1985
Brand new 91 Jetta - Hawyard VW
Brand new 2001 Jetta - Hayward VW
Brand new 2010 VW new beetle convertible - Oakland VW - which I still own. Love it - but hate VW.

My race car was 79 Rabbit - Drake Engineering motor - caught fire due to their crappy header and 81 Cabrio - with Rebello Racing Motor and Dual Webber carbs - blast to drive.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I would own any classic GM/Chrysler such as Camaro, Corvette, Chevelle, Olds, Cuda, Challenger etc but I don't have the money or space so I just stick with two Mustangs :wink:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Got scared by trolls to trade in :)

I’ve said it before there are like 3-4 people who make tick threads almost everyday. “New reason for tick” and then they say something like if the car faces north during a full moon the car will begin to tick. Then of course that means the car is going to blow up in the next 50 miles and the owner has to trade it in, make a YouTube video, etc.
Sponsored