Official Shelby owner

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
I am a vertically challenged Shelby owner, only 5'6" and I have no problems using the clutch. Must have longer legs than you. 28" inseam.
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Congrats

shelbyzim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
So i picked up the Shelby yesterday and i have to say i am impressed. I've always been a GM guy but i cant seem to like the new Camaros. Here are a couple notes/questions so far:
-Does Ford only supply 1 key fob? The dealer is getting me another fob but they said the previous owner only had 1.
-What are other short people (im 5'7") doing about the clutch pedal?
-I think the oil gauges should have been a little more angled towards the driver.
Congrats! - I'm 5'5 , have the seat moved forward - Don't have any issues fully pressing the clutch.

OP
OP

EHam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma TRD-OR
Im getting used to it so its not as bad as it was initially. I still think some aftermarket pedals might go on my short mod list

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Im getting used to it so its not as bad as it was initially. I still think some aftermarket pedals might go on my short mod list
Aftermarket pedals, the steeda clutch spring, and the gas pedal spacer mod changed my enjoyment level of the car immensely.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Congrats. Throw a pic or two up when you can.
The car comes with two key fobs new.
I have my seat adjusted to the point where the clutch pedal barely reaches the floor when fully depressed. I'm 6 ft tho. You'll have to move it around and find your sweet spot for engagement and disengagement.
Oil pressure gauges turned toward the driver would be a nice little improvement.
You should adjust the seat so that at full pedal travel there is a break in the knee. A head on or major collision with an extended or locked knee would do major orthopedic damage.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
You should adjust the seat so that at full pedal travel there is a break in the knee. A head on or major collision with an extended or locked knee would do major orthopedic damage.
Yes. After attending Track Attack recently, I learned there were some changes I needed to make with regard to my seat position. My knees were always slightly bent but I needed to re-assess my seat back positioning. I was rolling a little too relaxed with regard to arm length to the steering wheel rotation. Residual effects of being too comfortable in the HC riding position where turning really isn't it's bag.

I highly recommend everyone to really consider attending Track Attack. You will become more aware and a better driver. I'm looking forward to getting on the track in some novice/beginner type events first and progress from there. :)

Last edited:

Donyw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks. Ill look into that.
I’m 5’6 and have a stick GT. I bought the clutch pedal extension from Am Muscle and it helped a lot. Highly recommend.

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
Perhaps look into GarageLine Pedal Spacer.
Also ck out Sullivan Racing Products for awesome , grippy, great quality pedals.
Sponsored