Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Yep. I wonder if it'll show on a paper trail.

It was funny bc the service manager thought I was going to ask for a buy back and I said well all I'd do is walk out to your lot and pick out the exact same car (except I'd go 401A vs 400A) so if you'd be willing to yank one off the lot that has been built recently and not in 2018 I'll take it. Ford approved them to do that almost instantly.
We’re they willing to do the buyback?
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
We’re they willing to do the buyback?
We didn't get past the initial discussion but my guess is if I would've pushed for it they would have done it.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Isn't it funny....

From the Typewriter Tick, to the 2k Rattle, to suspension noise, to valve train noise, to DI noise, to transmission hissing, to interior trim rattles....

....Once these Screamin' Banshees are over 3,000rpm, they seem happy as a clam. Including the smile on my face.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Well I forgot about this post. Lol

I got a new transmission supposedly it’s a 19 revision. It does shift a lot better. I had them put in the steeda clutch cable and BG Syncro oil instead of the factory garbage.

The transmission is quieter and shifts way better. A complete night and day difference. Mostly due to the oil change. I did notice with the new transmission my digital cluster got a little upgrade that the 19s have that my 18 doesn’t. That’s the colored lights that come to the center when in track mode as you near redline.

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks for the update Enzo! I took my car to the dealer to have my 2-3K rpm rattle diagnosed. Took their master tech for a ride to recreate the sound...he acknowledged he hears it and how annoying it is but they said they can’t do anything about it till Ford releases a service bulletin to do with this sound specifically. Hurry up and wait I guess lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for the update Enzo! I took my car to the dealer to have my 2-3K rpm rattle diagnosed. Took their master tech for a ride to recreate the sound...he acknowledged he hears it and how annoying it is but they said they can’t do anything about it till Ford releases a service bulletin to do with this sound specifically. Hurry up and wait I guess lol
Do you have a video of the sound? If you want I can send over my diagnosis records that will show what they wrote down.

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
@Enzo I haven’t taken a video yet as the sound is hard to pick up with my phone/camera but as soon as I take someone for a ride they can hear it. Makes the noise in every gear but more pronounced in 1-4.

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
@Enzo I haven’t taken a video yet as the sound is hard to pick up with my phone/camera but as soon as I take someone for a ride they can hear it. Makes the noise in every gear but more pronounced in 1-4.
It’s hard to determine if the noise is a mechanical issue with the mt82 or the clutch in the 18+. These 18+ come with a twin disc clutch from factory, and sometimes they can sound a bit chattery. Mine was very pronounced and I also had issues going into gear. I think this new transmission is slightly different design, because once I got my car back and changed the transmission oil, I noticed that I didn’t have as much clearance to undo the fill plug.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I forgot about this post. Lol

I got a new transmission supposedly it’s a 19 revision. It does shift a lot better. I had them put in the steeda clutch cable and BG Syncro oil instead of the factory garbage.

The transmission is quieter and shifts way better. A complete night and day difference. Mostly due to the oil change. I did notice with the new transmission my digital cluster got a little upgrade that the 19s have that my 18 doesn’t. That’s the colored lights that come to the center when in track mode as you near redline.
Glad you got fixed up. The dealer who did mine wouldn't add the BG to it for me but I am putting it in this weekend and also have the Steeda clutch line on the way too.

Mine was noticeably better when they replaced it; even without the clutch line and BG in it. So I am excited to get the fluid and line on this weekend.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Glad you got fixed up. The dealer who did mine wouldn't add the BG to it for me but I am putting it in this weekend and also have the Steeda clutch line on the way too.

Mine was noticeably better when they replaced it; even without the clutch line and BG in it. So I am excited to get the fluid and line on this weekend.

Now that I have BG in the trans and the diff, the car drives completely different and unbelievably smooth compared to stock fluids.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that I have BG in the trans and the diff, the car drives completely different and unbelievably smooth compared to stock fluids.
How does the clutch pedal feel with the new line?

OP
OP
Enzo

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
The clutch pedal will feel the same, but where you notice the difference is at high rpm shifts and when it gets really hot. The pedal stays consistent since it’s not expanding like the plastic one.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The clutch pedal will feel the same, but where you notice the difference is at high rpm shifts and when it gets really hot. The pedal stays consistent since it’s not expanding like the plastic one.
That is good.

The other week at the strip I thought I was wearing my clutch down from launching. The pedal was soft so I'm driving home testing the clutch for slippage thinking I roasted it. But it was just the stock line from getting hot.

Mine just showed up today - installing Saturday
Sponsored