Finally got my GT built!

bossmover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Convertible GT350, 2019 Bullitt
[QUOTE They took pictures and sent it to Ford to replace it under warranty. Ford said I put a caustic solution on the rim and wont cover it.
what was your out come

LOL, they said the same to me "I put a caustic solution" on my windshield when I claimed "air bubbles" laminate separation between the windshield layers. This must be the new phrase they like to say. I kind of liked the laughable older one: It's working as designed". Far be it from them to believe the customer. It might cut into the share holder and CEO's profits. Screw the customer; On with the show.[/QUOTE]
Sponsored

Chs51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That spoke must have been pointing down and I didn't catch it. That dont matter, I bought 8 yrs 36,000 mile Warranty. It a defect from the manufacturer. No questions !
What does a warranty like that cost?

bossmover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mustang Convertible GT350, 2019 Bullitt
OP
OP
RogV

RogV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 F150 Lariat SuperCrew, 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1967 Fairlane GTA, 1957 T-Bird & more.
Again, my GT was supposedly built two weeks ago and is sitting in the lot(s) at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant. Called my salesman an hour ago. He knows it's built and his sales manager has called the district rep. He said he'd go the fifteen miles to get it (but of course isn't allowed). So, he calls the transport company for which they said nothing can be transported until Ford releases the car. He calls the district rep who supposedly doesn't know why the delay?? The rep says they will get it moved up the food chain so I "should" get it April 8 to the 10th. I'm not holding my breath. Good thing it's not my daily driver. Stay tuned!

Sponsored

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Again, my GT was supposedly built two weeks ago and is sitting in the lot(s) at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant. Called my salesman an hour ago. He knows it's built and his sales manager has called the district rep. He said he'd go the fifteen miles to get it (but of course isn't allowed). So, he calls the transport company for which they said nothing can be transported until Ford releases the car. He calls the district rep who supposedly doesn't know why the delay?? The rep says they will get it moved up the food chain so I "should" get it April 8 to the 10th. I'm not holding my breath. Good thing it's not my daily driver. Stay tuned!
I'm in the same boat you are. Ordered mine over 4 months ago. I spoke to the owner of the dealership last saturday, he said that they would know more on Monday. Crickets.

OP
OP
RogV

RogV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 F150 Lariat SuperCrew, 1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1967 Fairlane GTA, 1957 T-Bird & more.
Like others, this is getting frustrating! Just got home from the dealer. We're at twenty-five days since the build. The sales manager, a friend, knows nothing, and the district rep who is new, knows nothing. He "thinks" the Mexican-steering-wheel saga might be the issue based on knowing some workers at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant. So, even though it was not built during the 1-20 to 2-20 period, it may be catching up on those to mine? Supposedly, they're not supposed to do cars built for dealer stock before customer orders. He told me I didn't have to take it if I didn't want to but then when is that? So while I won't bite the hand-that-feeds-me, I'm not excited about Ford's future.

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
Like others, this is getting frustrating! Just got home from the dealer. We're at twenty-five days since the build. The sales manager, a friend, knows nothing, and the district rep who is new, knows nothing. He "thinks" the Mexican-steering-wheel saga might be the issue based on knowing some workers at the Flat Rock Assembly Plant. So, even though it was not built during the 1-20 to 2-20 period, it may be catching up on those to mine? Supposedly, they're not supposed to do cars built for dealer stock before customer orders. He told me I didn't have to take it if I didn't want to but then when is that? So while I won't bite the hand-that-feeds-me, I'm not excited about Ford's future.
I am still in the same boat as you and others are. Almost 5 months now. Met with a lady last week at the dealership who was going to find out exactly what is going on through a friend higher up at Ford corp.. Again not a word. I guess i will just ride the storm out. i still want the car what else can i do. My 2011 and 15 that i order only took a couple of months. Only time will tell.

OP
OP
RogV

RogV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
For an exercise in futility, I called Ford Customer Service. Surprised I didn't have to wait long. Figured he would tell me to check with my dealer. He did ask if I had a VIN for which I gave it to him. Asked for me to hold while he checked (maybe went and got a coffee). Came back and asked if it was Race Red and then said it was in transit. I told him I got the same info on the Ford Vehicle Order Tracking but wanted to know why and when. Of course he didn't know but took my phone number and claimed he'd get back to me. He was decent so it was difficult to get on him. Did tell him I had worked at Ford but many other didn't and could easily cancel and buy from a competitor. Said he'd report my feelings. Took the survey after he was done which didn't end up with many high marks. BTW, I asked him for the phone number for the Flat Rock Assembly Plant and naturally didn't have it. Afterwards, I looked for that number in the Yellow Pages. Actually showed a number. Called it and gave some reason it didn't work. Next time I am driving by I'm going to stop there. Wife says I won't get by the guard shack....

OP
OP
RogV

RogV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
Well, I won't be bothering you anymore on this string. Out of the blue, my GT came in this afternoon! My salesman texted me the attached photo. Probably thought i wouldn't believe it with a text or phone call. So, twenty-eight days from build to go fifteen miles from Flat Rock to my dealer. Been raining so have not gone to look at it. Now I hope all is well.
GT.jpeg

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Glad you got it. My car took less time to go from plant to Northern Canada. Funny how that works sometimes eh?
Sponsored