Sponsored

93 Tune Pros and Cons

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
I have a bone stock GT and I was wondering what benefits I can realize from a 93 tune?

I have only been using 93 but I am also stuck in rush hours traffic pretty frequently and generally spend a lot of time driving in the city. I'm wondering if the tune will be worth it - I haven't been able to get a good sense out of it from YouTube or American Muscle website.

Will it increase the wear on my engine? WIll it void warranty? Will there be noticeable power improvements and driving improvements or will it just make the gas pedal more sensitive? (Driving in the city - it's plenty sensitive enough)

This was all sparked by an AM video on top 5 mods to get and I kinda like the Kook's axel back and tune combo - no CAI.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Will it increase the wear on my engine? WIll it void warranty? Will there be noticeable power improvements and driving improvements or will it just make the gas pedal more sensitive? (Driving in the city - it's plenty sensitive enough)
1. No.
2. Possibly.
3. Yes.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
I have a bone stock GT and I was wondering what benefits I can realize from a 93 tune?

I have only been using 93 but I am also stuck in rush hours traffic pretty frequently and generally spend a lot of time driving in the city. I'm wondering if the tune will be worth it - I haven't been able to get a good sense out of it from YouTube or American Muscle website.

This was all sparked by an AM video on top 5 mods to get and I kinda like the Kook's axel back and tune combo - no CAI.
There won't be any increased wear on your engine from going with an aftermarket calibration. The warranty doesn't automatically get voided when you tune the vehicle. Dealerships usually have to show that whatever failed on your car was the result of tuning it. At that point it's at their discretion to either fix the car under warranty or not. There's laws concerning this called the Magnuson Moss Act. You may want to read up on it but it's there to protect consumers from this type of stuff. Lastly you will indeed notice a difference with a tune over the stock calibration. Quicker and more aggressive throttle response, higher rev limiter, more hp and tq, firmer and higher shift points for auto cars.

There's definitely lots of benefits of going with a tune and a tune only car you really shouldn't be worried about having any negative effects.

Let us know if you have any questions. We offer tunes from the top 5 calibrators in the industry and would love to earn your business.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/the-tune-shop-at-lethal-performance

blog_header.png

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
On the 18+ cars the tunes don't provide as much benefit for just 93 octane to top HP but when I had 93 octane in my Flex tune I did like the drivability changes. It's not all about peak HP.

kh1818

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I have the Ford Performance Power Pack 2 tune, and I would say it made a significant difference. Low end torque is improved, car pulls harder across the RPM range. Very happy with the return on investment

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
93 octane tune is a really big difference you can feel on a 15-17. From the engine sound, to the way it pulls, it's definitely worth it. There are no cons aside from possible emissions issues for state inspections depending on the state you live in.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
bone stock to a good tune is a night/day difference IMO. i've had PBD, AED, and a local dyno tune on my 15 and 17. AED is my favorite hands down, closely followed by the local dyno tune.
Sponsored