Sponsored

So how was your Ford experience today?

inectarios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RHD Mustang GT
May as well update this post as well...after only about 90 mins I had a call - they've checked under the carpet & confirmed the underside is damp. Stated that they will begin the diagnosis work and start stripping the car. I really hate the thought of it being taken apart but at least this time I'm confident I've god a good technician working on it, rather than the Guildford experience where I was mostly in the dark about what was going on, and can only assume the technicians were wearing blindfolds.
I hope it gets sorted for you Kristian! I know the feeling. I have a long story to tell about my 3rd (yes 3rd separate) warranty issue that I've been chasing with Ford since early August 2018. Still hasn't been sorted out. Nothing dramatic like a water leak but frustrating nonetheless. Hopefully, I'll get some time this weekend to share it as I would like any advice I can get from other members in terms of what I can ask back in return (free service/additional warranty years(?)) as my overall Ford Mustang ownership experience has been far from a pleasant one to the point where I am seriously considering of getting rid of the damn thing (and never looking back at a Ford) even though I really don't want to.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I hope it gets sorted for you Kristian! I know the feeling. I have a long story to tell about my 3rd (yes 3rd separate) warranty issue that I've been chasing with Ford since early August 2018. Still hasn't been sorted out. Nothing dramatic like a water leak but frustrating nonetheless. Hopefully, I'll get some time this weekend to share it as I would like any advice I can get from other members in terms of what I can ask back in return (free service/additional warranty years(?)) as my overall Ford Mustang ownership experience has been far from a pleasant one to the point where I am seriously considering of getting rid of the damn thing (and never looking back at a Ford) even though I really don't want to.
Hey...I meant to respond to this when I read it the other day but clearly forgot! I certainly learnt some lessons in dealing with Ford re complaints/compensation & did manage to get a decent "package" (if you could call it that). Shoot me a PM with where you got to & I'll tell you what I think.

Feel your pain though, I can see how these experiences would put some people off. Had it not been the dream car, I probably wouldn't still have mine!

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
Good things to say for once about Ford from me. Had corrosion under the paint on the front edge of the bonnet.

Nipped to the nearest Ford with a body shop, they took pics and sent them off. Got the ok and a new bonnet painted and fitted.

Took about 3-4 week from showing them the car to having it sorted.

Was only with out it for a few days when it was painted and fitted. Got a 998cc Clio to get home in.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Peter Stirland of Hungerford continue to impress...not only did they do an outstanding job with my warranty leak issue (despite the part delay which wasn't their fault), another act of generosity really shows just how much they care.

I'm collecting what is left of my stock exhaust - resonator & mid pipes, for a friend. I failed to borrow a different car to collect, so yesterday I said "we'll have to try to squeeze it in the Mustang", straight away, without me asking, they've offered to lend me a car for the task! Not just any car, the technicians car - as I understand. Paul is his name, and he's been a genuine hero.

I literally could not ask any more of them - absolutely perfect as far as my expectations go :clap:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I don't know, but they look like a family owned business rather than a big chain - and there is the answer to why they care. Same can be said for Elkins Ford in Westbury owned by 3 generations of the Elkins family. If only Ford realised that these sort of garages are what they need to hang on to rather than squeeze out

Sponsored

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
I don't know, but they look like a family owned business rather than a big chain - and there is the answer to why they care. Same can be said for Elkins Ford in Westbury owned by 3 generations of the Elkins family. If only Ford realised that these sort of garages are what they need to hang on to rather than squeeze out
The Ford dealer I use is small. They are great to work with, I'm the only Mustang they deal with and they take care of me and the car. They have even fixed problems before I've noticed them.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I don't know, but they look like a family owned business rather than a big chain - and there is the answer to why they care.
Exactly this. I think I'm living proof that just because a dealership has Fordstore status, does in no way mean they are more able to deal with the Mustang. Yes, they have nice big showrooms, but that's the only thing you can guarantee.

I'll forever be visiting these guys in Hungerford and strongly advising anyone else who is close enough to do the same.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
I live in Kent, between Sevenoaks and West Malling. Buying my car from Trustford Dagenham, and my nearest Fordstore is Haynes in Maidstone. Anybody in the same neck of the woods have any recommendations of good (or warnings of bad!) local dealers for servicing, warranty work, etc?

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Car would not engage any gear.
Initial call to the dealers not-so-helpful helpline was that it was my responsibility to get the car recovered to the dealer. VOR under warranty? really?
Next dealer provided ford assist hotline who sent out a regular aa patrol. He advised clutch pedal had dropped, pulled it back up and advised to drive it to the nearest dealer. seems to be working now. Dealer has a 3 week wait before there’s a free time slot.
Very shoddy service levels
Not sure if it’s an issue with hydraulic fluid or pedal sticking & needs grease.
Just waiting for the ‘ no fault found’ or ‘characteristic of the car’ from previous Ford warranty experience.

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
I live in Kent, between Sevenoaks and West Malling. Buying my car from Trustford Dagenham, and my nearest Fordstore is Haynes in Maidstone. Anybody in the same neck of the woods have any recommendations of good (or warnings of bad!) local dealers for servicing, warranty work, etc?
Hi, used HaynesMustang/KentMustang for my PowerPack 2 upgrade - no complaints from me.

Benno

Sponsored

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Visited TrustFord Dagenham this morning for my 1st Service (earlier than expected due to build date rather than purchase date). No waiting - in at pre-booked 10am and ready to go by 11am so no complaints there :-)

Not found any damage yet......

Benno

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
mines going in to have the AC looked at again, blatantly the evap core issue we suffer from hopefully they'll sort it out quicker than last time with the intake manifold issue.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Visited TrustFord Dagenham this morning for my 1st Service (earlier than expected due to build date rather than purchase date). No waiting - in at pre-booked 10am and ready to go by 11am so no complaints there :-)

Benno

the boss there, John i think, big Chelsea fan, and into Star Wars, was asked to do a photo shoot there, and was going to buy my Vert from there, till I decided to go for a CS, he was great about it, and wanted to see the car. nice bloke

COLD27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Velocity Blue GT

Benno
Benno - so did you have your 1st service done 1 year after the build date? Never had a car that's sat around so long between build and purchase dates so not really sure what I should be doing, but was just going to get it serviced 1 year after purchase...

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Benno - so did you have your 1st service done 1 year after the build date? Never had a car that's sat around so long between build and purchase dates so not really sure what I should be doing, but was just going to get it serviced 1 year after purchase...
It came up with a msg telling me to change oil soon so I just booked it in for the entire 1st Service (it was free as part of my purchase deal so made little odds to me)

I had covered about 3.5k miles since purchase from new Oct 18 and it was built in Aug 17.

Benno.
Sponsored