Sponsored

Catted headers

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Here's the video I was mentioning earlier with the FRPP exhaust and headers. You can hear the difference that the resonator makes with headers, but IMO it doesn't convey just how loud a car with headers is. I hope this helps!

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Any of the resonator setups you're running - I'd love to see some videos to hear them especially cold starts or whatever you've got. I'm catless and MBRP street but it's loud as hell blown/e85. Weighing out my options.

To the OP - I had Stainless Power catted headers and Magnaflow street catback on my second 2015 GT (blower and E85 also). It gained volume but was honestly perfect. My 18 with Pypes and MBRP is way too loud - and I blame no cats - it's was a defining moment in the sound of my car.
Some before and after Vibrant clips. Semi cold starts and dyno pulls. ARH catted LTH on Corsa Xtremes

Before Vibrants

After Vibrants

Dyno WOT before Vibrants

Dyno WOT after Vibrants

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Great clips guys - from both of ya. I've got a resonator coming tomorrow but I bet my clamps won't be here until next week. We're also getting another 4" of snow - man do I miss texas for warm dry concrete roads year round lol.

Will try to post before and after a adding in a resonator if that's possible.

RBELUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT P1
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a cold start on PBD e85, kooks catted and stock active exhaust. Zero drone in cabin only gets loud when stepping on gas this is normal mode. I'll get more video once it drys up here.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Our Street Catback with catted LTH's is a great combo for street driving and a favorite for a lot of members here on the forum. Add in a blower and then you may be approaching the point where personal preference will make you lean one way or the other.

If there's any other info we can give you, feel free to shoot us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905!

Sponsored

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
Loved my catted header magnaflow setup on my second 6R80 blower/E85 S550. Nice quality stuff!

No cats makes things really tricky tho - Gotta go touring level to get things down to reasonable-ish. With cats there's options - catless - well - hell it was loud with catless LTH stock catback. If you want a "piss everyone off loud" exhaust the markets awash with options. I'm in a suburb bubble area sadly where I scare more moms in minivans and draw attention I don't want to. Working on it tho!

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Loved my catted header magnaflow setup on my second 6R80 blower/E85 S550. Nice quality stuff!

No cats makes things really tricky tho - Gotta go touring level to get things down to reasonable-ish. With cats there's options - catless - well - hell it was loud with catless LTH stock catback. If you want a "piss everyone off loud" exhaust the markets awash with options. I'm in a suburb bubble area sadly where I scare more moms in minivans and draw attention I don't want to. Working on it tho!
Were you able to run the stock tune with catted headers? I am looking at my options right now, but I want to be able to put the tune back to stock if I feel like going to the dealership for something.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Were you able to run the stock tune with catted headers? I am looking at my options right now, but I want to be able to put the tune back to stock if I feel like going to the dealership for something.
You can run a stock tune on them. When you swap to a tune only intake, FI, or an aftermarket manifold is when you can't do that anymore.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
You can run a stock tune on them. When you swap to a tune only intake or manifold is when you can't do that anymore.
Thanks. I heard the cat-less headers throw a CEL without a tune, and they also greatly increase volume. I am looking to squeeze as much power without hurting my ability to quickly go back to a stock tune or increasing exhaust volume significantly.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Thanks. I heard the cat-less headers throw a CEL without a tune, and they also greatly increase volume. I am looking to squeeze as much power without hurting my ability to quickly go back to a stock tune or increasing exhaust volume significantly.
You can, yes but it doesn't do it right away. If you really want to prevent it even further, try some O2 spacers as well. Those helped me get my O2 sensors to go green even while tuned, but if you're concerned about warranty, you will be fine. If Ford really wanted to, they can see every time you flash the ECU. Really just depends on a dealer you use for warranty. Some are good, some are there to screw you in every way imaginable.

Sponsored

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
A couple things - you can always go back to a stock tune with the main modern tuners/softwares regardless of what mods you're considering (assuming you're willing to remove them with the tune.) No worries there. That doesn't mean that Ford can't see that the PCM has been flashed / flashed back, if that's a concern.

As far as greatly increasing the volume with cat-less headers - even with a stock exhaust it's going to gain a lot of volume. I threw on catless headers when I did my OPG/CS and Whipple. Even at idle and start up, especially cold start - the volume is much higher. I won't compare stock to whipple volume at WOT/ load driving because that wouldn't be apples to apples for sure (WOT is loud as f**k!)

Hope that helps - I have videos of start ups with catless in here somewhere.

Last edited:

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
A couple things - you can always go back to a stock tune with the main modern tuners/softwares regardless of what mods you're considering (assuming you're willing to remove them with the tune.) No worries there. That doesn't mean that Ford can't see that the PCM has been flashed / flashed back, if that's a concern.

As far as greatly increasing the volume with cat-less headers - even with a stock exhaust it's going to gain a lot of volume. I threw on catless headers when I did my OPG/CS and Whipple. Even at idle and start up, especially cold start - the volume is much higher. I won't compare stock to whipple volume at WOT/ load driving because that wouldn't be apples to apples for sure (WOT is loud as f**k!)

Hope that helps - I have videos of start ups with catless in here somewhere.
I don't want to swap out headers every time I want to go to the dealer. An intake change and flash is much easier. Some dealers won't touch the car if it is tuned or has a CEL with mods. That's why I was considering the catted headers if they don't mess up with a stock tune. Even if I went cat-less, I would have resonators welded in place of the cats.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I don't want to swap out headers every time I want to go to the dealer. An intake change and flash is much easier. Some dealers won't touch the car if it is tuned or has a CEL with mods. That's why I was considering the catted headers if they don't mess up with a stock tune. Even if I went cat-less, I would have resonators welded in place of the cats.
That's when you find a different dealer. I've talked to some really cool ones. The one where I bought my Mustang from when I got my door adjusted even told me, go ahead and mod it, we work on modded ones all the time. As long as the mod doesn't break it, you've got your warranty.

Don't be afraid to go catless unless you have some kind of visual inspection. Throw in some resonators and you'll be fine. Part of me wishes I went with a catless setup with my sports and the vibrant resonators but it's fine with the high flow cats.

Tomlouns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
You’ll be fine with catted headers and the MF Street. I used to run that exact setup and it wasn’t stupid loud. Quite nice in fact. No drone was another bonus.
De-catting and adding a blower takes it back to stupid though.
I have the same setup as you and have a tone of drone at low RPM's... (this is where my car is driven 95% of the time.) I had to add resonators to get rid of the drone... keep in mind I have a blower.

gstboy69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
5.0 2018
What about Pypes Catted Headers??
Sponsored