Sponsored

Quit Smoking Thread

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Quit for New Year's. Had one cigarette on January 4. Nothing else since then.

Cravings have been light, nothing major, easy to deal with, which I attribute to the fact that I had SERIOUSLY cut down my smoking beforehand (was down to about two packs a week before I quit). 34 years old, started smoking at 14, quit between ages 22 and 25 (because I was too broke to afford cigarettes).

The big problem has been weight gain. Since New Year's I've gained 15 pounds. Have to rein that in before it gets out of hand.
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Smoke Camaro's, Not cigarettes. Smoking will kill you. How do I know? I lost my ex to small cell lung cancer at 44 years old. Her son was 15 years old, and he lost his father at 2 due to a work accident.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I stopped 4.5 years ago and never felt worse. Can't sleep anymore and feel wound up and get mad easy all the time. I only stopped due to prices that kept going up.

Farisso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darissa
Vehicle(s)
mustang 6g
I never smoked, but I was never against vape. I believe this is a safer alternative to cigarettes. I think this is something like a hookah. I have plans to buy a vape, so far I choose which one I need (I want to use nicotine-free liquids and fruit vape juices). I often read portals about vaping, for example, here are many articles on how vape affects health and which vape is better to choose. It seems to me that this will be a substitute for a hookah in my life. My boyfriend smoked for 5 years and was able to quit with help of an electronic cigarette. I believe that quitting smoking is not easy, but there is always a way that is right for you.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Gave up a 1.5 pack a day habit cold turkey. I also smoked a pipe and collected lighters. Gave it all away. Been smoke free since 2/27/91. I still love the smell of that waft that comes off a fresh lit cigarette with a Zippo lighter. I refuse to be one of those reformed smokers who cops an attitude at the first hint of second hand smoke in the air.

Giving up this habit is a personal choice. You will do so when you are ready. No one can make it for you and you can do it for no one but yourself. Ask me. I know.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I tried to like nicotine but it did nothing for me, easiest thing to quit in my opinion, easier than caffeine it seemed to me especially waking up daily with a dry throat.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I tried to like nicotine but it did nothing for me, easiest thing to quit in my opinion, easier than caffeine it seemed to me especially waking up daily with a dry throat.
Some people like my cousin smoke a pack so slowly that they go stale before he finishes the pack. He gets an urge smokes a few and then doesn't touch one for weeks or even months at times. Others liker me were unable to put them down virtually from the first drag. Different body chemistries. Be glad your attempt to take up the practice failed to succeed. But as mentioned earlier 29 years smoke free.

sara08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sara
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Renault
I can't end up with smoking because of it's smell (one more reason).I use the smoke air purifier, it helps a lot, because my husband also not that happy with my cigar aroma, that's why I use it. I may recommend you a review about few models on jonsguide, maybe it will help you
Sponsored