PP2 real life pictures

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think PP2 w/out Recaro's should be a sin.

While I initially looked at the Recaro option for my 2019 PP2, I opted out cuz the fact of the matter is that I am an old man w/an old man's ass who likes a bit more fluff in the seat & definitely a lumbar support (& the Recaros have neither). And it is a true GT car in every sense of the word. I just tell the PO to hold my mail & take off for wherever & come back whenever.

I have a '98 GT that I have had for 15+ years & is much closer to a (semi) raced prepped car for the street. And it has some really nice Sparco seats (w/adjustable backs) that my sons got me as a birthday gift some time back. But it's just is no longer as much fun for me to drive long distances. BTW, if ya'll know anyone out there looking for what might be one of the best prepped SN95 Mustangs out there, just PM me w/an email address & I will send details. :)

One more thought, on your next track day (if you are so inclined), have the local driving instructor, or other hot shoe you would trust your Mustang with, put some laps on your car. And if this person consistently puts two (2) or more seconds on you (which is a lot of time in a single lap), don't waste any more hard earned $$$ putting the latest high-performance widget(s) on your Mustang. Cuz, if you do, the next time out, you will be two (2) seconds faster (good news) ... but the local shoe will be 4-5 seconds faster (bad news). The simple fact of the matter is that a better driver will make better use of better parts every time. Please do not take this as a 'shot across your bow'. I just hate to see well meaning enthusiasts waste hard earned $$$. :like:

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
So I need some help. Back in Oct I ordered my PP2 Premium 401A LCD...fully loaded. December I was told that I should wait until the 2020 model year since magnaride was allocated for Bulitt/350s. So I cancelled my order with the dealership. The dealership did not cancel the order and now the PP2 is set to go into production in March. I switched gears and began looking at used GT350s and oh how do I like them!!! The PP2 is financially viable whereas the GT350 may be a stretch because I'd need to put money out of pocket.

Are you still happy with the PP2?
Do you wish you had ponied up the extra money for the 350?

foxcoupefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT4
So I need some help. Back in Oct I ordered my PP2 Premium 401A LCD...fully loaded. December I was told that I should wait until the 2020 model year since magnaride was allocated for Bulitt/350s. So I cancelled my order with the dealership. The dealership did not cancel the order and now the PP2 is set to go into production in March. I switched gears and began looking at used GT350s and oh how do I like them!!! The PP2 is financially viable whereas the GT350 may be a stretch because I'd need to put money out of pocket.

Well, I can't tell you if I like mine or not as I will pick it up in two days. However, I was in the same dilemma as you. I ordered my car then started looking at used GT350s but I just couldn't get over buying someone's used hot rod. Pricing really wasn't an issue on either as you will see my reasoning below why I chose a PP2.

I truly love all the coolers, slightly better brakes and some aspects of the Voodoo engine on the GT350. However, I am quite the tinkerer and would rather do much of the tuning myself as that's part of the fun for me. I really prefer the cleaner lines of a GT over a 350 too. I struggle with the more gaudy looks of the 350 front end; looks are always subjective of course.

Points to think about:

*Where I live insurance was right around 37.00 more a month for the 350 over the GT. May be similar to where you live. Not a big deal, but that equals 444.00 a year and could by me let's say a new MGW shifter :D

*I am getting a brand new car with warranties. These new cars are so over the top with technology, it's amazing more doesn't go wrong but if something does go wrong, it can be extremely expensive to fix.

*I prefer the looks and wheel tire set up on the PP2 car. I would be changing the wheels and tires right away on a used 44 to 53k used 16 or 17 GT350 and that means even money added to the cost of the 350.

*People say "why buy a PP2 for 50k when you can buy a used 350 for similar money". Sounds fair, but you can't. I stole my PP2 car and paid much less than the 46,200. MSRP for my new car even with some options like active exhaust. The deals are out there and don't settle for what they tell you price wise.

* The Coyote is a great engine even with the "ticks" you hear about. I know no less than 20 friends with 2015s to 2019s and not one of them has had that issue. The internet can make it seem like every Coyote has a tick and every Voodoo drinks oil. Plus, that 526hp at the crank of a Voodoo is easily surpassed for very little money on a Coyote. I have a buddy with a 2016 (so he started out with even less hp than us) an is making 500 at the wheels with very little done ( tune, headers, injectors and ported 18 intake).

*Resale. There is no question the resale on a 350 is great, but you won't pay as much for a PP2 in the first place so who really cares? You don't buy late model cars as investment. However, the PP2 is definitely going to hold it's value better than a standard GT imho down the road. I know plenty of dealers getting full MSRP for them.

Again, my final thing was the looks. Most people love the GT350 and I am probably alone, but I just love the looks of the PP2 cars. I absolutely think they are the best Mustang since the Fox body. This is my 9th Mustang and I always weigh out the good and bad of all the models offered.

Good luck and keep us posted on your decision.

MikeKonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2

I went through the same dilemma before taking delivery of my PP2 and echo the thoughts of foxcoupefan. In short - I wanted to tinker and that would likely have an adverse effect on 350 resale, I like the warranty on a new car, PP2 wheels are miles better than the 350, in my opinion, and cost really isn’t the same at all. As stated already, you can work deals on the PP2 - I ordered mine under invoice, applied ford incentives, and used ford private cash. All of those add up to a pretty significant savings over a used 350. I did change the tires on my pp2 for a taller 305/35 tire, but the cup 2s have a pretty decent resale value so not much money “lost” there. Lastly, while I think the 350 is an absolutely beautiful car, but I see them around. I have yet to see another PP2 in person and I appreciate that slight uniqueness of it.

Good luck with your decision, I know how agonizing it can be! You’ll likely be thrilled either way.

Last edited:

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
PP2:
- potential issues with the engine in the long run
- new mt-82 is either fine or downright awful - it's like playing the lottery (personally had to get 1st/2nd synchros replaced)
- Awful rev hang on high rev upshifts (potentially due to dual mass fly wheel)

GT350:
- I'm sure they have their own common issues (I didn't do any research there), but the powertrain appears to be in a lot better shape than GTs

You can't even test drive the GT since you ordered it, so to be honest I'd skip 18+ GTs because it may leave you with a sour taste in your mouth.

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
One of the local guys managed to snap a few pictures of the first Velocity Blue PP2 here in the island.
50600984_10216184266252274_1209992428740673536_n.jpg
50775276_10216184267412303_6509937692107603968_n.jpg

LFG_Cory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2018 SHELBY GT350 LEAD FOOT GREY
What after market goodies have you all added.

My list:
Aluminum or CF drive shaft
Short shifter
Protective film/ceramic coating
Headers
Cat delete
H pipe
Muffler delete (maybe)

Last edited:

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Yes Roush pockets...I am dropping it off to get the Steeda Stop the hop kit installed....I have the brace, but it does nothing to stop the hop. Hopefully, this will do the trick. Dallas Mustang is doing the work..hopefully, they do not screw up my car while its there.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Coming from an owner of the GT350 R and the PP2 there is not a comparison...the R guys may say Im wrong but Im not, PERIOD! driving the PP2 is like driving a raw race car. Both hands on the wheel please.(PP2 owners KNOW what Im talking about)..it is not really an everyday car in town. On a good highway..there are few cars more enjoyable. It rides great over the small bumps and feels like it superglued to the road. I love it....but it would drive me crazy if I drove it every day. This car just feels to special for that. Look at what they did to the GT500 and rotary dial auto shifter. If that is not pathic I do not know what is. this is the very last of its kind. The GT 350 is nice but it will not stand up the abuse like the Coyote engine. You can do so much more with this car. It will be the one to collect you just wait and see. I heard that for 2019 they have only made less than 1100 of these cars and if this is true it will be rarer than a GT350 R.... let see how the year ends...it looking good for us with the PP2. The right suspension with the right engine. Enjoy the cars guys its meant to be driven.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Coming from an owner of the GT350 R and the PP2 there is not a comparison...the R guys may say Im wrong but Im not, PERIOD! driving the PP2 is like driving a raw race car. Both hands on the wheel please.(PP2 owners KNOW what Im talking about)..it is not really an everyday car in town. On a good highway..there are few cars more enjoyable. It rides great over the small bumps and feels like it superglued to the road. I love it....but it would drive me crazy if I drove it every day. This car just feels to special for that. Look at what they did to the GT500 and rotary dial auto shifter. If that is not pathic I do not know what is. this is the very last of its kind. The GT 350 is nice but it will not stand up the abuse like the Coyote engine. You can do so much more with this car. It will be the one to collect you just wait and see. I heard that for 2019 they have only made less than 1100 of these cars and if this is true it will be rarer than a GT350 R.... let see how the year ends...it looking good for us with the PP2. The right suspension with the right engine. Enjoy the cars guys its meant to be driven.
Shhhh! You're letting the secret out of the bag....

DavidinDurango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Hope you are right, although I will die with mine!!!!

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
I added these to my PP2 "Mach 1 R"..lol And although I do not like fake stuff I THOUGHT these might look cool...I am kinda regretting putting them on. They look okay at this angle but NOT from the side.. If I take them off, I'm going to jack up the clear bra I had put over the sides of the car....just a small piece I guess...not like the like the whole door. So should they stay or should they go?
20190204_083958.jpg

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
the pp2 spec car is fine as a daily as long as you swap the tires/wheels.

Im running blizzaks and took her to a snowboarding trip and had zero issues.

Even managed to crawl up a hill that numerous 4x4/AWD suv's were getting stuck on.

People vastly underestimate the importance of winter tires.

showbbq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I added these to my PP2 "Mach 1 R"..lol And although I do not like fake stuff I THOUGHT these might look cool...I am kinda regretting putting them on. They look okay at this angle but NOT from the side.. If I take them off, I'm going to jack up the clear bra I had put over the sides of the car....just a small piece I guess...not like the like the whole door. So should they stay or should they go?
20190204_083958.jpg
If you had to decide in 5 seconds what would you pick, that's probably your answer. If you're a fan of comic sans font then keep them. Lol ok no more roasting, I support everyone customizing their cars.