Sooo how does Venom kill Demons???

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
Am I the only one that is a bit disappointed? If we are referring to "Venom kills Demons" but only on a road course then why was there the comparison/statement made in the first place since the Demon was always deemed a straight line performer? 2020 GT500 is capable of mid 3 0 to 60 which is approx on par with a 2018 5.0 a10 full bolt on car, sure you get the carbon fiber this and active aero that but come on, in the context of equaling let alone trying to better the Demons the GT 500 is simply keeping pace with whats already out there, the Hellcat is rates at 3.6 to 60 and the ZL1 does it in 3.5 so in those metrics its just keeping pace, nothing extraordinary, now, the 2020 GT500 on a road course may be the top contender but that is yet to be seen, sorry for the rant but ALL this time and we get straight line performance thats a bit better than a full bolt on 5.0 and no HP or TQ numbers...come on Ford SMH!!!
Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The only question I have for you is, if the GT500 was released with 800+ HP and beat the Demon in all aspects of performance would you buy it?

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
13/14 GT500 0-60 @ 3.4-3.6 seconds depending on which source you choose. I would hope this new car with more horsepower, more torque, better suspension and wider tires would put down times at 3.0 seconds.

Dkzyrn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Mustang GT/CS
I personally believe they will stay reserved with the GT500 performance numbers until summer, one being that it will not be available until Fall 2019 and, like most competing manfuacturers, do not want to release the numbers too early before the cars release because it would allow the competition to see what they are dealing with and try to handle it accordingly. I honestly feel like the few figures they gave us today were very subtle and hide the true performance of car on street, track ,etc. I also do not believe the goal was to directly fight the Demon but at lesst try to keep up. The Demon is a straight line performance car, while the GT500 and its other competitors are trying to be the best in all circumstances whether street, track, strip, etc. It won't surprise me if it is not close to as fast as the Demon on the strip because it is not what Ford is fighting for. Overall, be patient, we still do not have enough numbers to jump to conclusions or be worried!!

OP
OP
loubif

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
Yes, yes I would, I'd have to give up some internal organs but yes I would, I'm merely a life long Ford fanboy having owned a 2000 Lightning which I traded for a 2004 Comp Orange Cobra which I traded in for a 2011 Raptor which I traded in for my current Focus RS and am ALWAYS rooting for "the Ford to win" when watching any sort of motor sports.

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's been discussed before but I really don't think the dude meant the Demon when he said that. I think he meant Hellcat's and misspoke.

This car was never designed to compete with the Demon. That car has a single focus, which is to go straight.

It's about as quick as a redeye in a straight line, and with the track package, quicker than a ZL1 1LE around a road course.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would be surprised if 800 hp would be faster than 700 hp 0-60. Tires just can't grip that well unless you put more weight on them. If they had put the transmission in the rear of the car or added AWD, then the power would launch the car.

And if you go to the drag strip and the tires are sticky enough - then the more power the better.

And at speed on road courses with long straights the power will also make a difference.

But with the Mustang's weight bias and configuration, there's a limit to how much acceleration you can get.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
3.0 - 3.5 seconds is about the limit of what a RWD vehicle is capable of using street DOT tires. I think your reaction is very mislead and honestly pointless. No one cares about 0-60 anymore except on the drag strip and we have come to a point in automotive capability where distinguishing true maxed out 0-60 requires non DOT legal hardware like slicks and skinnies. I knew this car wasn't going to be a 0-60 performer. I figured sub 11 seconds was going to be about what we were going to get out of the car based on power and assumed weight. What I want to know is what's the stopping distance, how repeatable is it, what's the 40 - 150, and max G's. So yes, you're the only one who's disappointed.

EDIT: I should say the Demon may be capable of a mid 2 second 0-60 but look at how extremely focused that machine is. Actually I'd expect nothing less. But the GT500 like the GT350 I'm sure will be more than just a sum of its parts and numbers. There will be an experience behind it which will be worth more than 0-60, which you'll just end up catching and gapping that SOB in the other lane anyway. The GT350 and hopefully the GT500 are what used to make BMW so magical. It wasn't about numbers only although they were plenty impressive.

Last edited:

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
3.0 - 3.5 seconds is about the limit of what a Front-Engine, RWD vehicle is capable of using street DOT tires.

I think your reaction is very mislead and honestly pointless. No one cares about 0-60 anymore except on the drag strip and we have come to a point in automotive capability where distinguishing true maxed out 0-60 requires non DOT legal hardware like slicks and skinnies. I knew this car wasn't going to be a 0-60 performer. I figured sub 11 seconds was going to be about what we were going to get out of the car based on power and assumed weight. What I want to know is what's the stopping distance, how repeatable is it, what's the 40 - 150, and max G's. So yes, you're the only one who's disappointed.

EDIT: I should say the Demon may be capable of a mid 2 second 0-60 but look at how extremely focused that machine is. Actually I'd expect nothing less. But the GT500 like the GT350 I'm sure will be more than just a sum of its parts and numbers. There will be an experience behind it which will be worth more than 0-60, which you'll just end up catching and gapping that SOB in the other lane anyway. The GT350 and hopefully the GT500 are what used to make BMW so magical. It wasn't about numbers only although they were plenty impressive.
Fixed :)

His reaction is perfect. Ford hyped the hell out of this car and it can't beat my 5-year-old Corvette Z06.

No one cares about 0-60MPH? I do, most street races are over by the time you hit 60, especially if 1st gear goes past 60 like my Z06.

Anyone who has a CLUE about cars knew this or any other American car including the New C8 Mid-Engine Corvette was NOT going to beat a Dodge Demon in a 1320 race.

The Demon is designed to run 1320 feet as Fast as possible. Not 1321 or 1399, but 1320.

The computer system controls the exact distance, weight transfer + the Demon has a Transbrake, and Drag radials, HELLO!

It's easy to see on any car forum who the Fanboys are and the Real Gearheads.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I remember seeing a test on TFL car where they tried over and over 0-60 with a Hellcat and couldn't do better than about 4.7 seconds 0-60. Some of this comes down to specmanship. What is reality and how much are a car company's marketing people willing to stretch the truth.

The Demon is very quick on launch - but only at a dragstrip and ideal conditions. On the street or if it isn't driven just right it can blow its tires off just like any other high powered, front engine, RWD vehicle.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I remember seeing a test on TFL car where they tried over and over 0-60 with a Hellcat and couldn't do better than about 4.7 seconds 0-60. Some of this comes down to specmanship. What is reality and how much are a car company's marketing people willing to stretch the truth.

The Demon is very quick on launch - but only at a dragstrip and ideal conditions. On the street or if it isn't driven just right it can blow its tires off just like any other high powered, front engine, RWD vehicle.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, not disappointed. It was never the goal of the car.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Bench Racing and the GT-500 hasn't even been tested yet, no numbers released yet, pure speculation by 'Fan Boys' and 'Gear Heads'. Yawn...

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350

Any claims from a Car Company are based upon a Prepped Track. Makes all the difference in the world.

Demon is ONLY designed for the 1320, period. That's why the "Venom beats Demons" was the stupidest statement ever.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
What a stupid bench mark to be worried about.

On paper my car is faster. On paper my car has more horsepower.

Are the people who care about that stuff even a buyer for that car?

You are only the "faster on paper" until the next car comes out. I'm sure Ford has built this car to stay in the market for 3-4 years. If they blew their load now what upgrades do they offer in the later model years?
Sponsored