Sponsored

Pricing a Used 350?

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Does anyone have a scale on how to do this?

NADA/KBB is all over the map. As is dealer pricing. I've found a CPO 16 with 900 miles. They want 49. That feels rich.

Then I found another 16 with 9000 miles for 45.5.

What do you guys think is a solid amount!?
Sponsored

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Kinda depends on what packages it has. Any way you can be a little more specific as to what you're looking for?

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Look nationwide on Autotrader for the specific packages/years you're looking for. Get an idea what the rough average is that seems to be trending. Decide which point along that curve you're willing to spend. Then find the cars that match that and be ready to search way out of state to get what you want.

If you're willing to have a vehicle delivered, your options and prices for used are much better.

Don't discount Carvana. That's where I bought mine and it was a wonderful, hassle-free experience and their price was better than most across the nation and the car has been treating me very well so far.

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
NADA/KBB is going to be all over the map due to how intense the used market has been on these cars. Some things to keep in mind:
  • Prices have started to decline thanks to the 2019 GT350 and 2020 GT500 announcement.
  • 2016s have a stigma so their pricing is lower
  • New cars are going for invoice or below invoice now so that forces used prices to adjust
  • Some dealers think it is still 2016 and they can sell used cars for MSRP
Personally, I wouldn't buy a used GT350 for over 50. That's approaching new car pricing. I got my 2017 for invoice. The best new pricing I've seen is 4k below invoice for a 2017. The best used car I've seen is a 2016 Tech Pack (Non-Lemon) with 430 miles for 43k. Car still had plastic on interior bits.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kinda depends on what packages it has. Any way you can be a little more specific as to what you're looking for?
I apologize.

I haven't been able to find a track pack one. Everything I've looked at has at least the tech pack.

I really don't want anything over 25k miles.

I've seen a fair amount of pricing all over. I'm willing to buy across the country and ship. A couple of factors may make that difficult

Sponsored

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look nationwide on Autotrader for the specific packages/years you're looking for. Get an idea what the rough average is that seems to be trending. Decide which point along that curve you're willing to spend. Then find the cars that match that and be ready to search way out of state to get what you want.

If you're willing to have a vehicle delivered, your options and prices for used are much better.

Don't discount Carvana. That's where I bought mine and it was a wonderful, hassle-free experience and their price was better than most across the nation and the car has been treating me very well so far.

Carvana is where I looked first! Unfortunately everything is pretty steep (50k plus)

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
i got my 16 tech for just a hair under $48 at the end of august from a ford dealer. they also took a loss on my trade in so i figure cash price would have been in 47k range. my car had 15k miles on it.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I apologize.

I haven't been able to find a track pack one. Everything I've looked at has at least the tech pack.

I really don't want anything over 25k miles.

I've seen a fair amount of pricing all over. I'm willing to buy across the country and ship. A couple of factors may make that difficult
There's a dealer near me that's been sitting on a brand new 2016 tech pack since 2016 and they're dying to get rid of it. If you're not planning on tracking the car, then the track pack isn't entirely necessary. I think mid to high 40's for a track pack car with low miles; or mid 40's for a non-track isn't totally unreasonable. If you're in the market right now and don't want to wait to buy, then the dealer near me would probably let that 2016 go for high 40's. It's white with blue stripes and has the convenience package.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's a dealer near me that's been sitting on a brand new 2016 tech pack since 2016 and they're dying to get rid of it. If you're not planning on tracking the car, then the track pack isn't entirely necessary. I think mid to high 40's for a track pack car with low miles; or mid 40's for a non-track isn't totally unreasonable. If you're in the market right now and don't want to wait to buy, then the dealer near me would probably let that 2016 go for high 40's. It's white with blue stripes and has the convenience package.

Can you pm me the dealer!?

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
I got my Tech pack 2016 with 17K miles last month for low 40's, but I made a 6 hour drive to find it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another one I found listed at 41 with 38k miles. Black. Which is what I want.. Tech pack.

41 feels way too high though.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my Tech pack 2016 with 17K miles last month for low 40's, but I made a 6 hour drive to find it.
That's pretty solid. What I am looking for. Really would like to be under 45.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Another one I found listed at 41 with 38k miles. Black. Which is what I want.. Tech pack.

41 feels way too high though.
$41k? jesus. I'd be so F***ed if I went to sell my car.

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
Used market for these cars is all over the place. On Autotrader you can find a 11k mile one for $44k then the next one is a 9k mile car for $51k. You can get these cars for invoice at alot of dealers but there are a good chunk of dealers who are still pricing them like they are still bringing $10k ADM new

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been finding a ton more just using google search. It seems like Cars, AutoTrader, CarFax, etc don't listen all of them.
Sponsored