Perceptions of Middle-age Men in Mustangs

OldGuy2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT V-8 Premium
I am 75 and my wife is 70 years old and since 1987 we have owned 6 mustangs of which 3 were Cobras (93/97/00) and 2 Lightnings. We now have a 2018 GT PP1 and people are blown away that Grandpa and Grandma have a Hot Rod. My 15 year old Grandson thinks we are AWESOME. The resonator delete X pipe helps getting peoples attention.
2018 Mustang GT pic 1.jpg
2018 Mustang GT pic 2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Once you get past that middle age crap and into the realm of the old, you stop giving a crap about perceptions, opinions, or even feedback.
I'm waaaay past caring what anything thinks or feels. I'm into the "leave me the hell alone" phase of life, and love it.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I'm waaaay past caring what anything thinks or feels. I'm into the "Leave me the hell alone!!!" phase of life, & love it.
Actually, the correct term is "Get off my lawn!!!" phase of life. :curse: Other than that, I am all in w/your thought process. Then again, I can honestly say that I have NEVER purchased a vehicle based upon what someone else might think of it (or me). I buy 'em cuz I like 'em (& can afford 'em). And I upgrade 'em cuz having better brakes & handling & a bit more HP is never a bad thing. :like:

Fassn8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT LIME
Vehicle Showcase
Really!!! They hate to admit FassN8-tion about it. I could care less. My wife invest the compliments that I need. Gear-heads has an Ethos that a “ Young Doe” can’t fulfill or understand. Rock On!!!
2D7D0265-F140-4C37-9F85-B3FA6CE09C51.jpeg

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
This seems to be the case. Mostly hear single moms in their 30s and 40s making snide comments about dudes and their cool cars. One implied that he should spend that money on a family.... like she’s mad that the guy is not paying for her life lol

Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Which is really fine for me. I primarily own and drive neat cars because I like the driving experience, not because I want to make an impression. I guess that's why I don't bling them out with add-on spoilers, stripes, etc. Simple & clean, like my race cars. :wink: (oops, they have "racing" stripes... :giggle:)
I like your choice of cars, and the idea of simple elegance. I'd like to know what kind of race cars you have; however, you'll never convince me that creating an impression is not a significant part of the "driving experience" you like and doubtless enjoy.

ob1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orville
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I retired at 57 so it was my wife's gift to me.
I test drove a 15 GT and I was hooked, had to have it so I ordered it right then!
I get a lot of thumbs up from both men and woman!

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Damn right. We ordered cars with no A/C, crank windows, no power brakes or power steering. The last vehicle like that that we had around here was my dads S-10 pick up, 1985.
I once shortly owned a 67 Charger 426 wedge with factory heater delete option. It was a fast, brutish car but no show queen, Kind of two-tone rust. I wish I still had it.
Ah, the good old days. :rockon:

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
However, you'll never convince me that creating an impression is not a significant part of the "driving experience" you like & doubtless enjoy.

A mild perk, yes. A "significant part"? Not a frickin' chance. Like Automobilist, my Mustangs have no chrome or stripes. In '98, all Mustangs had the rear wing (the only 'downforce' it had was the 9 lbs that it weighed), I purchased another trunk lid to to get rid of that wing. The only reason for keeping the spoiler/splitter on my PP2 is the fact that they are functional. Even then, the possibility of replacing the rear deck lid is always there in the back of my mind. Also on the PP2, the emblems were color matched ('Dark Tarnish') to the wheels & the OE grille w/that gawd awful (IMHO) chrome horse was replaced w/a Bullitt unit (upper & lower) w/the chrome 'ring' painted to match the rest of the grille. NOW ... w/that said, other owners like other colors, other options &, yes, even other brands of cars. But, if you are a true 'car person', you appreciate the time, effort & money they put into THEIR car to make if unique. Just my 2 cents ... :)

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
A few years ago, when I turned 50, Mrs. Muligan gave me this Mustang ad that she framed ...
Midlife_zpspvgjf7xo.jpg
I love it. I don't ever recall seeing it before (tho I am old enough to remember the intro of the 1st gen Mustang in '64). Can you provide the name of the magazine & issue date? One of my favorite car ads was for the 427 Corvette (1966 or '67) where it featured a very nice drawing of the console (showing the shift pattern) & shift lever w/the caption reading ... "Flight 427, now departing thru gates 1, 2, 3 & 4" ... Classic!!!

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I am 75 and my wife is 70 years old and since 1987 we have owned 6 mustangs of which 3 were Cobras (93/97/00) and 2 Lightnings. We now have a 2018 GT PP1 and people are blown away that Grandpa and Grandma have a Hot Rod. My 15 year old Grandson thinks we are AWESOME. The resonator delete X pipe helps getting peoples attention.
2018 Mustang GT pic 1.jpg
2018 Mustang GT pic 2.jpg
Rock on man! At 64 yrs old I'm looking to buy a 2018 (maybe 2019) GT Convertible in Orange Fury. When we test drove an Orange GT I slapped it in track mode and took off, my girl friend screamed for joy and said she about pee'd her pants! Then she said "You have to buy this car!" LMAO

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
50 something with a long time ago paid off house, no kids, no x wives, just an awesome GF and 2 blown mustangs. Who doesnt want to be in that situation? Blessed everyday. Work hard, make good financial decisions...yeah people who've done the opposite, they ain't happy. Mid life crisis my ass, I call it livin the dream.
Sponsored