Sponsored

Anyone’s replacement short block not ticking?

S550DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Anyone who got their 3rd gen Coyote short block replaced not having ticking issues?
Sponsored

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)

Bybcous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 daytona 392
I dont want to start a new thread, but if anyone had a tune on car before failure, can you post what happened.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Why do I get a feeling this thread is going to have the writers equivalent of the proverbial sound of crickets?

OP
OP
S550DarkHorse

S550DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just posting this cause my work email isn’t working haha
ED1F0107-13AA-473D-9866-57BC2A61D37E.jpeg

Sponsored

Stormtroopin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Mach 1 on order; ‘18 Mustang GT (sold)
It's been awful quiet in here....just saying...

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
It's also in the "issues" section of the forums. A place where someone without any issues may not think of checking. Just a thought.

EDIT: I guess it does say replacement. Didn't process that. Still could be the case if someone is just tired of it. If my new engine runs smooth I'm planning on taking a break from here just to have some peace of mind for a little while with the stupid thing.

OP
OP
S550DarkHorse

S550DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's also in the "issues" section of the forums. A place where someone without any issues may not think of checking. Just a thought.

EDIT: I guess it does say replacement. Didn't process that. Still could be the case if someone is just tired of it. If my new engine runs smooth I'm planning on taking a break from here just to have some peace of mind for a little while with the stupid thing.

Lol true

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Lol. Again....until Ford has identified the exact issue, found solution, and then implemented solution into parts production they are just replacing same parts (now) in the end. Don’t expect a different outcome.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Lol. Again....until Ford has identified the exact issue, found solution, and then implemented solution into parts production they are just replacing same parts (now) in the end. Don’t expect a different outcome.
Assuming we're dealing with a design flaw as opposed to poor quality control due to ford cutting corners during the manufacturing process. It could just be a matter of tightening things up on the line as opposed to allowing whatever margin of error there is. I have a buddy who said he used to work on a production line for eye drops and, despite metal being in the containers, they refused to shut things down and fix the problem. The end result was weeks worth of production flushed down the drain becaude someone didn't want to hold things up initially. Obviously eye drops are not engines, but I'd rather have an engine fail than be dumping metal shavings into my eye. These people don't care.