Sponsored

2020 GT500 Will Be Revealed on Jan 14, 2019! Sneak Peek of Supercharged 5.2-Liter Predator Engine

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
There's a healthy discourse here. No need to introduce "bickering" into the mix.

I don't know why it has to play out like this but here is how the conversation went in context...

The number we were discussing was "650." Ford put it on a placard at an auto show. I think it fair to say that it is generally expected that when OEM's talk (or write) using a single number at an auto show they are referring to horsepower at the engine, a methodology used to provide data that is frequently referred to across the board. While enthusiast have a deeper understand with respect to data (RWHP, etc) the general public may not. So with respect to the "650" number and it's likely intent I made the following statement...

Note the comment about "cute marketing ploy."

You then made the following statement...

Again, read what I said. I did not infer that Ford was "advertising" but rather pointing out how the numbers are typically used so as to reflect horsepower at the engine and not at the wheel. Traditional advertising per se, will use an official number whenever it finally gets released. As such, anyone from Ford quoting 700+hp is doing the same thing - implying the engine will produce a rough number in terms of horsepower.

You then stated...

So simple use of the word here in making a point is not a direct correlation to some statement of fact that uses that word. Then again if you think it through isn't written communication (for all to see) that supposedly bolster's ones product at a venue such as an auto show, advertising (in the general sense of the word)?
:)
So basically you just proved what I said earlier. You mentioned how ford would th advertise that way. And I revealed how it isn’t advertisement. Boom done. Nothing else to see there. It’s creative hype. When they finally advertise the car, it will have specs to advertise in advertisements... that’s not happening yet.

They can be as creative or fun or mysterious as they want right now. It doesn’t have to fit in whatever box you’re trying to mash it into.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
So basically you just proved what I said earlier. You mentioned how ford would th advertise that way. And I revealed how it isn’t advertisement. Boom done. Nothing else to see there. It’s creative hype. When they finally advertise the car, it will have specs to advertise in advertisements... that’s not happening yet.

They can be as creative or fun or mysterious as they want right now. It doesn’t have to fit in whatever box you’re trying to mash it into.
I think you are still mis-reading what he wrote. Maybe try reading it again or something.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I think you are still mis-reading what he wrote. Maybe try reading it again or something.
I think perhaps it is being made out to be more complicated than it is. He mentioned “advertises.”

A response was given.

It’s really quite simple.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I think perhaps it is being made out to be more complicated than it is. He mentioned “advertises.”

A response was given.

It’s really quite simple.
I used the word and said how Ford typically uses a number. I didn't say that was what was being done in the case of a number, on a placard, at an auto show, used to take a shot at a competitor.

I then extended an olive branch to you saying that term is pretty much all encompassing.

Boom. Finito.

Sponsored

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
Why do these threads always digress and devolve from the original post. It gets old reading people bickering back and forth about diction and what someone else said or meant. I'm mean we're arguing about speculation for Christ's sake :crazy:

GrabberBlue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2011 GT
No we're not ...

You're right, I am not part of that conversation so I am not.

There is no proof that the 650+ hp note had ANYTHING to do with the competition. For all we know it could very well have been a miscommunication with the person that wrote that. Could've been an advertising supplier or a Ford employee. Who knows? Not everyone cares about the new shelby coming out, so it may been an incredibly minor over sight in someone else's mind.

Even I am speculating now!!!!!!!:turkey:

Sponsored

NHman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I just watched the Grand Tour season 3 trailer. At the .25-.29 second mark, is that blue Mustang a preproduction GT500? There are other clips within the trailer. To me, it's not a GT350 or GT. The companion cars appear to be a ZL1 and Redeye.

My apologies if this question has already been posted.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base

NHman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350