Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang GT 5.0L Coyote 304SS Resonator Delete H-Pipe

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
I'm assuming this isn't specific to the manufacturer of the H-Pipe but I noticed my right-side exhaust is a little crooked. The outside tip sits lower than the inside tip. It sits perfectly in the valance in terms of horizontal orientation. It's just a small droop for the outside tip.

Is the best way to adjust this to jack the muffler a bit under the right tip, loosen the bolts of the H-pipe clamp on that side, jack a little more to compensate and then tighten everything and check it? Should I loosen the exhaust hanger bolt too? I don't want to make it worse.
Sponsored

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma
I'm assuming this isn't specific to the manufacturer of the H-Pipe but I noticed my right-side exhaust is a little crooked. The outside tip sits lower than the inside tip. It sits perfectly in the valance in terms of horizontal orientation. It's just a small droop for the outside tip.

Is the best way to adjust this to jack the muffler a bit under the right tip, loosen the bolts of the H-pipe clamp on that side, jack a little more to compensate and then tighten everything and check it? Should I loosen the exhaust hanger bolt too? I don't want to make it worse.
Interesting, my '18 is the same way.

tybo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 convertible Performance
Thank you for your feedback, if you shoot a video, please share it!

TJ
Hi TJ,

I have a project at really short term of buying you H pipe (this afternoon european time) , on the UK shop for a delivery inFrance ; do you still have your discount code policy ? If yes, can you send me it ?

My project : install it with Corsa Sport Axle back (14339), and Vibrant performance resonators (model 1792 , 2.5" x 12" ) for a '17 Convertible. I know I'll have to cut the H pipe to weld the Vibrant between the H pipe parts , but if I keep exactly the same length with using the end of the Steeda H pipe to match the curvature , will it fit without tampering more thingy stufff ?

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hi TJ,

I have a project at really short term of buying you H pipe (this afternoon european time) , on the UK shop for a delivery inFrance ; do you still have your discount code policy ? If yes, can you send me it ?

My project : install it with Corsa Sport Axle back (14339), and Vibrant performance resonators (model 1792 , 2.5" x 12" ) for a '17 Convertible. I know I'll have to cut the H pipe to weld the Vibrant between the H pipe parts , but if I keep exactly the same length with using the end of the Steeda H pipe to match the curvature , will it fit without tampering more thingy stufff ?
Unfortunately, the discount code only works at Steeda U.S.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

Gtgpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Will these be on a Black Friday deal? Looking to get one.

tybo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017 convertible Performance
Please find a quick look of my installation.

By the way I have to say it was a pleasure to work with Steeda UK, especially about the leading time...

IMG_083311.jpg

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Today I had mine installed.

What a great product. First impression was that the idle had more bass to it. Second was that I have more low end torque...the throttle response is more noticeable.

I’m still undecided on Corsa Extreme vs Borla ATAK so I went with this until I make my mind up. I’ve got stock mufflers and headers still on there and it sounds great.

It’s deeper just like I wanted and not too high pitched and raspy. It has some rasp at WOT but it isn’t crazy.

For $100 you can’t beat it.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Love the review - thanks for sharing!

Best Regards,

TJ

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I absolutely love my Steeda H-pipe, too. However, I have found one drawback. When I open the garage door and remote start the car, the sound scares the hell out of our cat. Hopefully, he gets used to it since it is music to my ears.:crackup:

Sponsored

GT Madness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 & 2013 Ford Raptor

Interesting, my '18 is the same way.
I installed mine yesterday on a '18 PP1 with active exhaust and could not be happier with the sound. My right side exhaust tips we're lower that the left and after a lot of evaluating, I just put a shovel handle on the main tip and bent it level....I was overthinking it for the longest time.

Great product Steeda!

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I absolutely love my Steeda H-pipe, too. However, I have found one drawback. When I open the garage door and remote start the car, the sound scares the hell out of our cat. Hopefully, he gets used to it since it is music to my ears.:crackup:
Lol, same thing for me and the squirrels!

Even in quiet mode start the initial cold startup is quite loud for a few secs.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Love the review - thanks for sharing!

Best Regards,

TJ
You're welcome!

PS - will this fit the Corsa Extreme and/or Borla ATAK's?

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
More of the H-pipes are coming out of manufacturing shortly ... let us know if we can assist!

TJ

Gtgpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
E6-A10-E65-8852-40-F7-9-C52-993-A2-FB8-DBE4.jpg
Put mine on 2 weeks ago. Great affordable mod. Nice low rumble.
Sponsored