Steeda's New S550 Mustang GT 5.0L Coyote 304SS Resonator Delete H-Pipe

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No not really.
Very difficult to say the mind gets tricked up in the higher rpm:s as the exhaust is more pronounced..

Also the euro spec 18s have something like 40nm less than the US counterpart to begin with...

Just ordered as well. I had $70 in my PayPal account so it only cost me $33.96. I'll make a video to compare my non active exhaust with the Steeda H pipe to my buddies 2018 non active exhaust with Steeda's X pipe. Either way we're winning.

Hey @Mazman did you feel like you got any extra low end torque? Also did you feel like you lost any top end power?

Theres comparisons online where an x pipe will give 4-5 extra top end HP but a H pipe will give 4-5 torque.

For me this is mostly for sound and if I gain anything on the bottom end that's cool.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Your getting a heck of a deal & you won't be disappointed!

Best Regards,

TJ

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
TJ,

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-h-pipe-555-3611
https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-...-Resonator-Delete-H-Pipe-15-19-GT_p_7608.html

What are the differences between the two? Just the material used in manufacturing?

I'm still undecided on my full exhaust (thinking between Borla ATAK and Corsa Extreme) but I do know I want the h-pipe to get rid of some of the rasp. So I am going to order the Steeda h-pipe and have it installed while I think on the axle back system.

If it matters mine is a 19GT without active exhaust.

Thanks!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Dang! I am torn between the h-pipe and x-pipe! I ordered the H on Saturday and I got an email saying it would ship Monday so it shouldn't be to late to change the order if I call on Monday morning.

I drag race my car. Will the H actually hurt high rpm performance compared to the stock resonator??? I don't expect a measurable gain but I sure don't want ANY loss.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I just had a Steeda H-pipe installed on my 2018 with active exhaust. It sounds awesome. Much deeper and more muscular tone. Quiet mode is still very civilized. Track mode is NASCAR intense and I mean that in a good way.

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your feedback, if you shoot a video, please share it!

TJ

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Had mine installed last week. 2018 with active exhaust. Yikes. The volume increase in just normal mode is pretty big IMO. The video from American Muscle doesn't do it justice. Cruising highways etc. 1500-2200 RPM you don't really notice it. No drone whatsoever.

Quiet mode still keeps it pretty tame for the neighbors. If you don't have quiet mode and have to worry about cold starts/neighbors etc. I'd be careful.

But the volume is great, and the way the exhaust burbles and chugs slowing down and downshifting is really sweet. The stock resonator let none of that through. Definitely no need IMO for an aftermarket system, just rip out that resonator and put one of these in.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s encouraging to read!

Does anyone have any feedback on how it sounds on cars without active exhaust and with the stock mufflers?

2slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Albert
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I’ve had mine for a couple of weeks now- no active exhaust. No drone, nice volume Increase! Neighbors may not be the happiest with me in the mornings but it is certainly not obnoxious, there are several Chevy and ford pickups that seem louder then the Tang in my community.

Mine’s equipped with the 6 speed, love holding the gears a bit to let the sound really come in.

No cons to mention here.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another question:

Has anyone installed this with Borla ATAK’s on 2018+’s?