Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I attended the school on Oct 1st and had a great time. Mrs. Muligan joined me and we made a long weekend out of it, spending a few days before the event up in the mountains at Park City and the day after enjoying the sites in and around Salt Lake City.

The quality of instructors is very high and I strongly encourage those who attend, even if you've spent lots of time on-track, to take advantage of the opportunity for advice. If you're only doing the single day, focus on one or two areas you'd like to improve and let the instructors know early - they'll be happy to help. I've been doing on-track stuff since 1993 (autocross, track-days, time trials, wheel-to-wheel racing, and HPDE instructing) and I certainly learned a few things that will make me faster in the future.

As for the cars, I was surprised at how hard of a beating they take and just keep running. We had two groups of eight for our day and there were no failures. My car (#14 white w/blue stripes) was really well turned out in both performance and appearance. With just over 8300 hard miles on its odometer, G0059 performed like a champ. Although they have done a few mods to the cars to improve their on-track safety and demeanor (Watson rollbar, camber plates, etc), they are surprisingly close to stock - a far cry from what Bondurant had to do to Mustangs back in the day to make them track-worthy.

One request, though..... during the last session, when they open things up a bit and allow passing, please watch your mirrors and be considerate of other drivers - if someone is behind you for a lap or more, they are probably faster.... there's no shame in giving a point-by.... it'll be greatly appreciated.
Laying on the horn and flashing the high beams usually gets attention.
Sponsored

Mastervic27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, F80 M3, Ariel Atom SRA, AP1 S2K, NA Miata
Anyone attending the Welcome dinner tomorow 10/9th and Track Attack on Wed 10/10th?

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Sooooo.....what's the chance I'd be able to use this as the second owner on a car if the original owner didn't?

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'd suggest calling the Ford Performance Racing School. They'd probably like to get their hands on any driver; so maybe they'll have an idea because your predecessor can't be the only one who didn't take advantage of this great offer. Eh?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Sooooo.....what's the chance I'd be able to use this as the second owner on a car if the original owner didn't?
I don't recall ever being asked for my ID. So, technically, no, you cant. However.....

Stunt1o1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Altima - daily
How can I attend this event if I bought my car used?

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
anyone else going on the 22nd?

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
I don't recall ever being asked for my ID. So, technically, no, you cant. However.....
I'd suggest calling the Ford Performance Racing School. They'd probably like to get their hands on any driver; so maybe they'll have an idea because your predecessor can't be the only one who didn't take advantage of this great offer. Eh?

I emailed them via their site. In less than 10 minutes I got the....no answer to my question. Very disappointing. I was hoping they'd at least offer a discount but, no. Just no you didn't buy it originally so you are out. Seems a bit crappy to me. The guy before didn't even drive the damn car or seem to care about it...and I'm in love with it. I'd absolutely love to go to track attack event...but, after the car...I don't have that kind of cash lying around.

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Anyone know how to figure out avail dates for Track attack one day? Site only lists thru end of this year. Buying GT350 manana...psyched!

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Anyone know how to figure out avail dates for Track attack one day? Site only lists thru end of this year. Buying GT350 manana...psyched!
I was just told today from them that I need to subscribe to their news letter. Their news letter will post next years available dates.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Here's the link to the track attack home page - dates for 2019 sessions haven't been posted yet. There's a phone number on the site to call and you can request to be put on the mailing list for e-mail updates on when the new season dates are announced. Typically, they release dates in blocks, so don't worry if it books fast at first - there will likely be more dates posted a couple times.

http://gt350trackattack.com
Sponsored