Sponsored

SCCA F-Street Setup. What's Everyone Done so Far?

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey, this is an FS thread. You STP guys can powerslide around corners in your own thread :p
Haha, I know, right. I'm even worse though cuz I'm actually one of the CAMtard guys. I could really muddy the water with the wacky things I'm trying on my car in this thread.
Sponsored

BoostedMike177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How competitive is a premium GT over a PP GT in FS? My Eco got wrecked for me so eyeing a few GTs and they want alot of dough for the PP but found a premium at a decent price.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
How competitive is a premium GT over a PP GT in FS? My Eco got wrecked for me so eyeing a few GTs and they want alot of dough for the PP but found a premium at a decent price.
Assuming you go full prep with shocks, one swaybar, allowed camber, and hopefully good lightweight wheels, the difference between a PP and a non PP is within the difference between drivers. I'd rather have the PP, but the base cars come with taller gears, which can be an advantage on some courses.

None of the Mustangs are going to have an easy time beating Cashmore in his BMW at Nationals, but you could have some success at local or regional events.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Check out the 2018 Solo Nationals FS results. The fastest Mustang driver was in a 2018 GT PP base trim. The second fastest was in a 2017 GT base suspension and premium trim with 3.55 gears. They were about 1/4 second apart out of about 133 seconds. I think both used Koni SA shocks. I think the 18 drilled the front bar to make it stiffer and the 17 ran a Strano rear bar full soft.

Bottom line as noted above buy the car you like and can afford because you won't be giving up much compared to any Mustang vs BMW or Camaro.

Edit changed the 17 trim to premium and added 3.55 gear info per old FB message with the owner.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, and RIP STP Class. All hail 285 tires in STU

Sponsored

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
The death of STP will further boost CAMC participants. I wonder how many cars ran in STP in 2018....

Sadly I was considering switching from CAMC down to STP for 2019 to be better equipped for class, since CAM is seriously deep water stuff and I’m nowhere near built to class rules. I’m way past FS rules though, so there’s really not much middle ground left. Could run in ESP if I switch to Hoosiers I suppose...

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
The death of STP will further boost CAMC participants. I wonder how many cars ran in STP in 2018....

Sadly I was considering switching from CAMC down to STP for 2019 to be better equipped for class, since CAM is seriously deep water stuff and I’m nowhere near built to class rules. I’m way past FS rules though, so there’s really not much middle ground left. Could run in ESP if I switch to Hoosiers I suppose...
From what I've seen at local events is a LOT of cars running CAM at many different levels of prep and "speed" with the drivers having a good time even if they aren't competitive against the top cars/drivers. They seem to find the cars/drivers they "should" be able to beat and then do their best to do so. A lot of times it will be the older CAM-C under prepared guys simply trying to beat the current FS Pony cars. For me as an old slow guy in FS I'm trying to see if I can match old somewhat prepared six cylinder Mustangs who run in CAM.

FYI if you try ESP with Hoosiers you really need to use FRESH or very healthy used tires or you will wonder why people bother.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've seen at local events is a LOT of cars running CAM at many different levels of prep and "speed" with the drivers having a good time even if they aren't competitive against the top cars/drivers. They seem to find the cars/drivers they "should" be able to beat and then do their best to do so. A lot of times it will be the older CAM-C under prepared guys simply trying to beat the current FS Pony cars. For me as an old slow guy in FS I'm trying to see if I can match old somewhat prepared six cylinder Mustangs who run in CAM.

FYI if you try ESP with Hoosiers you really need to use FRESH or very healthy used tires or you will wonder why people bother.
That's generally about how it works in my region (Chicago). A couple CAM cars that are much deeper prepped and then the bulk of us with middle-of-the-road.

BoostedMike177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone planning on running the rivals 275/35/19 when they come out? I'm gonna buy a set of tires soon and now I'm thinking about waiting for the rivals...any thoughts?

Sponsored

BoostedMike177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I hope they are producing wider sizes in 19” as well. Do you happen to have a list of sizes they’re making and a date when they’ll be available?
On there website it says the 275 and 305 in r19. Winter of this year of beginning of next

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

BoostedMike177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I just sent them a message to see if I can get a date. I will report back with what they say.