Sponsored

need boost! Vette walking away from my 18

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
For me it is not the ride quality or kids, it is the scraping on the front end on driveways and climbing in and out every day.
Without the windguards in front of the front tires, my old Z51 C7 with the Z06 front lip scraped less than my GT350. About as much as my girlfriend's 19 GT actually.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I sat in a new Vette a couple of years ago.. It was pretty cool until I tried to get out of it. Reminded me of how old I am. On the other hand my daughter is young, so when she comes to visit she sits in the back seat of the Mustang when the 3 of us go somewhere in town. Beats having to leave it in the garage. But... Vettes are stout, no doubt about that.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
There is definitely a "trick" and procedure to getting in and out of them.. but once you get it down pat it's not bad.. even with my bad back. Although it IS easier to get in and out of the truck by just stepping on the bars

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
No.. I am speaking facts. No Mustang in existence can compete with the C7 Corvettes with equal drivers on a road course. My Grand Sport would bitch slap a GT350R.
Steeda seems to do well trading off with vettes and vipers for checkers in gt4. Do you pay attention to these classes at all or are you being a fanboy? There's a difference between informed enthusiast who wants the best for the sport and someone who just supports a brand.

Sponsored

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda seems to do well trading off with vettes and vipers for checkers in gt4. Do you pay attention to these classes at all or are you being a fanboy? There's a difference between informed enthusiast who wants the best for the sport and someone who just supports a brand.
Actual race series are a bit different, considering all cars are balanced for performance. Not exactly a stock vs stock situation.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
How ever you wanna try to spin it. But your old posts tell a different tale.:giggle:
He doesnt get butthurt.....but GMs made him so angry not too long ago that he threatened to beat a GM owner on LS1tech within an inch of his life. He stepped away from the forum for a month or two after that because GM people wouldnt stop picking on him.....He came back with a vette and really apologetic about the whole thing, now he sticks up for them.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
He doesnt get butthurt.....but GMs made him so angry not too long ago that he threatened to beat a GM owner on LS1tech within an inch of his life. He stepped away from the forum for a month or two after that because GM people wouldnt stop picking on him.....He came back with a vette and really apologetic about the whole thing, now he sticks up for them.
L O L

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
An interwebs tough guy.:giggle:

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
No.. I am speaking facts. No Mustang in existence can compete with the C7 Corvettes with equal drivers on a road course. My Grand Sport would bitch slap a GT350R.
This makes me laugh. My brother who lives in Raliegh takes his GT350R to VIR as much as he can. The only vettes that he has trouble with are the boosted ones that are properly driven; C6ZR1, C7Z. All the NA vettes get passed. Consolation prize to the Vette owners is that they get to hear that glorious Voodoo at WOT.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
This makes me laugh. My brother who lives in Raliegh takes his GT350R to VIR as much as he can. The only vettes that he has trouble with are the boosted ones that are properly driven; C6ZR1, C7Z. All the NA vettes get passed. Consolation prize to the Vette owners is that they get to hear that glorious Voodoo at WOT.
Poppacapp would smoke that 350R :)

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
^
Most likely a non Z07 model as well. Those street tires would get all greasy after a few hard laps.

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
A
The Vette has no advantage in a 1/8 or 1/4 mile race. Posted times in the major magazines are low 12s for the Vette. Low 12s for the Mustang. Both trapping in the 118-120 range. I'm sure there is a guy somewhere. On a chevy forum that claims he ran an 11.4 stock.:facepalm:But to my original point. You still have to out drive the guy next to you . When your drag racing. So thanks for agreeing with me.
Seems there's more than a few in the 11.4 to 12.0 range

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3372952-c7-fast-list.html

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
attachment.jpg

Corvette Grand Sport 2:47.1
Closest Mustang to that is GT350R at 2:51.8

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
^
And yet he still passes them with regularity. Go figure.
Sponsored