Sponsored

Drove an A10 GT for first time. Wow.

Jiki05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
My dad snagged a 2018 GT premium with the 10 speed for 36k. Thought it was pretty good.
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Just got a White 2018 A10 premium with touch screen leather heated/cooled seats backup cam/alert and polished 19s for 36,800 in Norwheresville North Dakota I mean Fargo ND.

Well priced A10s are out there if you search enough.

I had a 2016 with a Cobra Jet Intake E85 Tune by AED and Roush exhaust with X pipe.

This A10 feels damn close to that setup once tuned Im positive it will be faster.

The A10 Hype is real this 10 speeds a damn spaceship in a straight like in dragstrip mode.

redtrack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 10AT
Just go 60 mph, you should be in 10th gear, then floor it! you will see that trans shift to 3rd and fly thru.....
No stick shift on your side can catch up!:muscle:

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
I had a Camaro with the A8 and it was just awful. Granted it was my first automatic in a performance car and it was doubly bad as it was plagued with the horrendous shuddering problem. I am now so turned off towards automatics but this is just another report of how good the A10 is and I have not read a single bad review about it. I end up buying a base GT, manual and love it. You do have to work the manual though to get the car to move where I can imagine with the 10 speed automatic it must be just effortless. 0-60 supposed to be 3.9 a full whopping .5 second quicker than the 6 speed manual. Now that is a good automatic. My Camaro with the V6 A8 would have been a great car with this 10 speed automatic and was what I was expecting when I made the plunge and bought it. Anyone looking to get an automatic in a Chevy or Ford anything- get the 10 speed- do not get the 8 speed!
I'm enjoying my A10 as well. Plenty of fun to be had every time I drive. I agree re the GM A8. I don't know if it was the A8 or what, but my (long-gone) 2016 Yukon Denali would (when idling in park) shudder about every 3 seconds. It was clunking shifting at times too. Sounds like that A8 is full of problems in the corvette too. I'd never touch a GM A8 again.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
My dad snagged a 2018 GT premium with the 10 speed for 36k. Thought it was pretty good.
A premium A10 for $36k? Is that in California too? That sounds hard to believe. What dealer? PM if you like.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Just got a White 2018 A10 premium with touch screen leather heated/cooled seats backup cam/alert and polished 19s for 36,800 in Norwheresville North Dakota I mean Fargo ND.

Well priced A10s are out there if you search enough.

I had a 2016 with a Cobra Jet Intake E85 Tune by AED and Roush exhaust with X pipe.

This A10 feels damn close to that setup once tuned Im positive it will be faster.

The A10 Hype is real this 10 speeds a damn spaceship in a straight like in dragstrip mode.
That's an insane price. Out here in SoCal, you can't get near that. What was MSRP?

Jiki05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
A premium A10 for $36k? Is that in California too? That sounds hard to believe. What dealer? PM if you like.
Yeah, SoCal at AutoNation in Valencia. During 4th of July too. They had a race red one that they wanted to get rid of but my dad insisted on Kona blue.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
I’ve really been enjoying the 2019 GT I ordered with the A10. I got the Premium with PP1, magneride and active valve exhaust. I don’t ever see a need to mod this one as it’s darn good the way it is. The A10 really does it for me! And all of the Mustangs I’ve owned since the late 60’s were manuals.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Luther Family Ford in Fargo its the only one in Fargo lol. MSRP was 43900 I paid like 36800 plus GAP was only thing i added on top.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Buddy just got an A10 base GT and the thing will throw you back in the seat with ease. If you put it in sport mode, it sounds like a manual tranny rev-matching(albeit, quicker than a manual tranny could be rev-matched.)
Agreed 100% - same experience in my 2018 EB Prem. w/PP...

You guys are making me want to go test drive (& buy) one.
Been saying this since taking delivery of my 2018 back in Feb. - if you have not driven a 10R80 equipped Mustang go do it, and do it where you can really open it up and experience the 10R80. It can’t be experienced on a 10min Dealership drive around the neighborhood block....

Pull back the shifter to S mode as you mash the gas response is instant. :)
Agreed 100%. It’s a real blast to drive with the 10R80, and I’ve only owned 3 automatic-equipped Mustangs out of the (20) I've owned to date, as all other prior Mustangs and including my 94 Cobra have been manual transmissions.

Outside of the manual trans, the 10R80 is THE trans for the modern Mustang if you want instant shift performance. I love the look on people’s faces as the car is able to accerlate faster than they can get their shifter into the next gear... LOL. I can’t wait to see what improvements come along with it as soon as the tuners catch up and aftermarket trans parts.

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Assume everyone knows about the stab and go trick in the A10?

Sometimes when you floor it for passing it will take a few moments to find the correct gear. Normal for an auto that it might not know you want maximum accel right away.

To get an immediate and direct multi-gear downshift. Stab the pedal fast to the floor and release it. Then go WOT. The transmission will go directly to the maximum accel gear.

Of course you can use the paddle shifters but if just cruising in 10 and need 5 right away that's 5 clicks of guessing.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Assume everyone knows about the stab and go trick in the A10?

Sometimes when you floor it for passing it will take a few moments to find the correct gear. Normal for an auto that it might not know you want maximum accel right away.

To get an immediate and direct multi-gear downshift. Stab the pedal fast to the floor and release it. Then go WOT. The transmission will go directly to the maximum accel gear.

Of course you can use the paddle shifters but if just cruising in 10 and need 5 right away that's 5 clicks of guessing.
I just keep in sport+ mode. Really quick downshifts to the correct gear when you mash it.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I just keep in sport+ mode. Really quick downshifts to the correct gear when you mash it.
You will find that even in Sport+ mode the technique has merit. I learned about it from someone who always uses Sport+. I dont always use Sport because rev matching downshifts can get irritating in stop and go traffic.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
You will find that even in Sport+ mode the technique has merit. I learned about it from someone who always uses Sport+. I dont always use Sport because rev matching downshifts can get irritating in stop and go traffic.
VEry, I also don't enjoy the fact if you really hammer on it, when you lift, it hangs in gear. Well, let me rephrase that. When I am fucking around, I enjoy it. But everyday, all the time, hard pass.

I have just learned that I can't lean into when the car is lugging. I need to stab it more.
Sponsored