Sponsored

"yet another BBQ tick" thread - 2017 GT Base

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
No update yet today, though I'm hopeful. Here's what my ride was doing, skip to about a minute:

Yours sounds very much like mine, although mine is very hard to hear because the loud exhaust overwhelms the camera. This is on a cold start. At this point I can actually feel it in the floorboard when it happens but its "normal" according to all of the dealers.

Sponsored

OP
OP

strike-eagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Yours sounds very much like mine, although mine is very hard to hear because the loud exhaust overwhelms the camera. This is on a cold start. At this point I can actually feel it in the floorboard when it happens but its "normal" according to all of the dealers.

That doesn't sound a whole lot like mine to be honest. If you can feel it then it points to something rattling around. If you're really worried about it, then go to the dealer and tell them to fix it, covered under warranty or not. That way you'll pay if it's something rattling around or they'll go the lengths to diagnose and fix if it's something else.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
That doesn't sound a whole lot like mine to be honest. If you can feel it then it points to something rattling around. If you're really worried about it, then go to the dealer and tell them to fix it, covered under warranty or not. That way you'll pay if it's something rattling around or they'll go the lengths to diagnose and fix if it's something else.
Weird, sounds identical to me. I guess it depends what kind of speaker you're using because the exhaust is so loud it kind of blends together on my phone or laptop but the good speakers at my desk PC I can hear it clear as day.

Its the same tapping sound that seems to be coming from the bottom passenger side of the motor, although with the car cold its not as bad as it is when its fully warmed up. Once it gets hot from driving for a while its a lot more consistent, and its really bad under load driving by a wall or barrier.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Took it in today and turns out the tech forgot to do the crank relearn. Glad it was just that simple. Motors runs pretty good and feels like it has more power. I noticed that I needed way less throttle cruising in 6th on the highway. I wouldn't be surprised if the tick was setting off the knock sensors.
It does set off the knock sensors

18P51GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Not normal

Sponsored

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Dealer just called me and said they found the issue, kanooter valve needs to be replaced, what da hell is that?

18P51GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer just called me and said they found the issue, kanooter valve needs to be replaced, what da hell is that?
Lmao. WTH... lol they’re just making shit up. Lol

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
Lmao. WTH... lol they’re just making shit up. Lol
LOL this is a joke.. I just called actually and they will be looking at it shortly and will be cutting the filter open, I asked what time around because I want to be there...
Sponsored