2018 GT Procharger Stage II

OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Picked up my front and rear systems yesterday. Got one corner done so far. I'm documenting and weighing everything as I go. I ended up going with the 1.33" thick rotors instead of the standard 1.25" thick. They are over a pound heavier, but have a lot more cooling veins and are just a more robust casting which is good for a 4,000lb car I hope. The Baer front rotor/caliper combo is 14.9lbs lighter than the OEM PP Brembo setup. The stock rotor is exactly 10.0lbs heavier than the Baer, so that's a nice decrease in rotating mass per front corner. Only took me 35 minutes to install the first corner. Baer's attention to detail and instructions are second to none! If people are interested, I'll keep posting pics and results once I get the rotors/pads seasoned and bedded.
IMG_20180821_163841099_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180821_163903108.jpg

OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Small update. The PP1 nose on this car doesn't really allow much room in the inner fender for the air filter and pro flow bov (I had to literally smash my filter in there to make it all fit). I decided to go ahead and ditch the pro flow valve and install a Tial Q50 valve. Since it really didn't fit well on the pre-intercooler charge tube, I decided to just add it to the hot side of the intercooler tank. Hope to have it all back together over the weekend and start testing the Alky Control meth system I just installed.
IMG_20181019_133226757.jpg

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Excellent! Looking forward to more.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Nice! Procharger should either do that stock or offer as an option.

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
How's it testing out? Curious on your alky kit as well and how that's impacting your performance.

OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Got busy this weekend and haven't been able to touch it. The nose is still off the car because I just received my backordered nozzles from Devils Own yesterday. I didn't want to use the Alky Control nozzles because they have a fastener on the inside of the charge tube. I still need to rinse the intercooler out with water to make sure there's not any aluminum in there from the BOV installation, etc. Hoping to work on it a few hours this afternoon.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
You went with an Alky Control trunk setup? I ran a devilsown kit on my Srt-4 years ago but would say i'm very much a novice with meth. What made you go with Alky Control vs Snow or someone else?

OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I went with Alky Control because of the quality of the system. I know others now offer braided teflon lines, but nobody else seems to offer complete systems with the nice weatherpack plugs, CAT 5 connection from the pump driver to controller, etc. I'm actually using the Devilsown nozzle and nozzle holder because I don't like to have any pieces that could fall off inside the charge tube if they come loose. Also changing nozzles will be much easier with the devilsown holder. I have to say that installing this system has been a lot more work than I anticipated. Having the tank in the trunk makes for a lot more running of wires, braided lines, etc. I went to great pains to completely hide all lines, wires, etc. I hope it's worth it!

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Looks like their website is all GM kits. I assume you had to call to get setup with a custom kit? I'm sure it'll be worth it, man. I appreciate those that take the time to get the details right.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Yeah I had to call. I don't think Julio will even sell you a kit without taking to you first. He actually asked about my entire setup to make sure he sold me the proper tank, map sensor, nozzle size, etc. I emailed him over the weekend for help with wiring the meth tank low level sensor into my factory harness (so when it's low it will just illuminate the factory low level light on the dash) He got back to me right away. It's pretty nice to get to talk to the guy that actually builds the kits.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
That is awesome! Well I am looking forward to more

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Do you guy not have e85 available in your areas? Seems like methanol injection is another possible point of failure. Obviously works and I'm very familiar, but 18 cars are already running 2 fuel systems already and then adding methanol seems overly complicated.

OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I wish I had E85 here. Its only available at a few stations, and none are close to me. The E85 we do have is actually E54 I'm told. Really had no choice but to go meth, so I chose what I hope is the most reliable system on the market. Fingers crossed.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
e85 would still benefit from meth, just not for most of the benefits pump 93/91 sees. Right?
Sponsored