Sponsored

2018 GT Procharger Stage II

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Quick update: I ended up installing ID1050x injectors and having Rob at Palm Beach Dyno tune the car. He's made short work of it and basically accomplished it in a day via email and some street driving/wot pulls. I'm very pleased with the drivability and the car feels great under WOT. The next step will be to get the Akly Control system installed and see what gains we can make. Big shout out to PBD!
Any chance you will be doing a dyno or any runs at the track in the near future? This kit is one of the FI solutions on my short list of mods I want to do. I'm interested to see what it will do.
Sponsored

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
OP (Chris), who did you end up buying the kit from? And did you find the installation manual completely sufficient, step by step, and clear? When I eventually get my GT Premium, I am toying with the idea of doing the install myself, but like many, have never done this and can feel a little intimidating.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Damn nice ride. Makes me want to sell the gutless gt350 and buy a 2018 and throw a blower on it.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Damn nice ride. Makes me want to sell the gutless gt350 and buy a 2018 and throw a blower on it.
Just throw a blower on the GT-350.

OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Any chance you will be doing a dyno or any runs at the track in the near future? This kit is one of the FI solutions on my short list of mods I want to do. I'm interested to see what it will do.
Eventually yes. It's so hot here in Phoenix right now I elected to wait until it cools off a bit for the dyno and track. I can tell you it pulls hard and is still fun even though my tune is only giving me 13-14 deg of timing because of the heat. I've been told that more timing makes a huge difference? I guess I'll find out in October when the desert heat is gone.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
OP (Chris), who did you end up buying the kit from? And did you find the installation manual completely sufficient, step by step, and clear? When I eventually get my GT Premium, I am toying with the idea of doing the install myself, but like many, have never done this and can feel a little intimidating.
I bought the kit from a local dealer here in AZ. He's a friend of a friend and I got it for his cost. Considering I did the P1X upgrade, Stage II, black IC, black bracket and black intercooler it got a bit spendy even with a good deal. As for the installation it wasn't too bad. There are a few things that NEED to be in there that weren't if you get a Stage II kit. The biggest is making sure you use locktite on the crank pulley dowels. If you get a stage II kit, you will also have to remove the sway bar to get the crank pulley installed (was a pain!). If you get an HO kit, the install will be a piece of cake because you won't have to mess with the crank pulley. Otherwise mostly small, easy stuff that you can figure on your own.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The biggest is making sure you use locktite on the crank pulley dowels. If you get a stage II kit, you will also have to remove the sway bar to get the crank pulley installed (was a pain!).
Yeah, I am thinking of the stage II kit with the P1X and upgraded/larger IC. A few clarifications:
1) The locktite wasn't specified nor provided in the manual/kit?
2) By sway bar, you mean the bar underneath the engine or in the engine bay (the strut tower brace)?

I need to find someone local who I can call on if/when I screw this install up!

OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
No, locktite wasn't specified in the manual. Both the strut tower brace and suspension sway bar need to be removed (both specified in instructions). When you do your install PM me and i'll give you my cell if you have questions. The locktite thing was literally the only thing they left out. Otherwise it's a pretty straight forward install. Took me about 15 hours total doing by myself in my 110 degree garage in Arizona. This included wiring the pump booster, installing UPR catch can, etc. They really are great kits with lots of pictures and description in the manual. Their tech staff is very helpful as well if you have issues along the way. Don't be scared!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Eventually yes. It's so hot here in Phoenix right now I elected to wait until it cools off a bit for the dyno and track. I can tell you it pulls hard and is still fun even though my tune is only giving me 13-14 deg of timing because of the heat. I've been told that more timing makes a huge difference? I guess I'll find out in October when the desert heat is gone.
General rule of thumb is each degree of timing (or each psi of boost) is good for about 20whp. With a 4.75" I would guess you're around 12psi depending on how high you rev? Most people on 93 can run about 18* timing at that level, so that's 80+hp that you're down from typical 93 numbers. Of course that's an estimate, but still pretty significant. Meth injection will fix that.

OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
General rule of thumb is each degree of timing (or each psi of boost) is good for about 20whp. With a 4.75" I would guess you're around 12psi depending on how high you rev? Most people on 93 can run about 18* timing at that level, so that's 80+hp that you're down from typical 93 numbers. Of course that's an estimate, but still pretty significant. Meth injection will fix that.
My system makes about 8psi at 7400 rpm. I have crap 91 octane fuel here so I can't get too greedy. I have the meth system but am waiting to install until Rob at Palm Beach Dyno finalizes my pump gas tune (It's also WAY too hot in the garage right now). Good to know that just a few degrees of timing can have such a radical difference in power. Wow, I actually wouldn't have guessed it would be that dramatic.

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
OP, I have a 4.5 pulley if you are interested.

OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Here are the soon to be new brakes going on all 4 corners with 15" two piece rotors all the way around!
39914.jpeg

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Yes, same caliper but the rear's have smaller bores/pistons to maintain proper brake bias
Sponsored