Sponsored

I was not a big fan of the Black Appearance Package!

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
some people get it...nice. I also have a '98 Atlantic Blue Roush Cobra which I see hovering in the background? the blues bros...
whatever it is, it sure needs some TLC

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT
some people get it...nice. I also have a '98 Atlantic Blue Roush Cobra which I see hovering in the background? the blues bros...[/QUOT

The blue Cobra has been sitting at work for about a year. Heard the owner lost interest.....

whatever it is, it sure needs some TLC
It sure does!

Nice! What brand quarter window Louvers are those?
Ordered them from AM, SpeedForm. Relatively inexpensive but look really nice IMO.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
those cobras were not taken very seriously, especially by the Fox body crowd. they had that great engine and some were Tremec trannied. more Euro than even the present model.
mine had the Ferrari engine casting and a Ford designer wrote about using the lines of the Maranello Ferrari's. '57 T-birds were also based on a Ferrari platform...may be part of the rivalry over many years dman

Last edited:

Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
some people get it...nice. I also have a '98 Atlantic Blue Roush Cobra which I see hovering in the background? the blues bros...
as for the Black Package...I keep creating my own. hood vents, upper mirror caps, Foose spoiler etc. just added black slotted/hatted rotors which is a small touch but...
part of the look. Ford UA black on Lightning.

another point to black accents on Mustangs would have to be the areas of ABS trim. black ABS, if treated right, also serves
as part of the Black is Bad, fast i'm not sure, look. I've tried a few products to enhance the ABS as black as possible and
have decided, Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 40 vinyl/rubber product is de stuff! deepens the black ABS, slight sheen not gloss,
and seems to keep the look longer than products before...i'm picky. applies evenly (I use small cuts of sponge) I have also
started doing my tires...again sheen, not glossy and less "browning". sooooo...thought in this pursuit of blackness, another
tool in the box dman

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The only thing I don't like about the black accent package is that it comes with Pirelli P-zero nero tires.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
When I was buying, there weren't that many choices around so I picked up a Magnetic with Blk App Pkg.

I wasn't 100% on it initially, but I have grown to love the subdued, understatement the package gives the car. No bling, no flash, no look at me, just car, serious car.

zW7dWpN.jpg

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
The only thing I don't like about the black accent package is that it comes with Pirelli P-zero nero tires.
Pirelli's not too bad when new, but the rims weigh a lot (33 lbs) not sure the package makes sense...you can replicate and improve.
tire wise, Michelin PS4 for the money...great tire and wider contact patch. now on PP1 package

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Swapping the Cervini's C series grilles in mine next week.
Sponsored