Sponsored

I was not a big fan of the Black Appearance Package!

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I also love the black accent appearance package. When I looked on line at all the Mustangs I liked the white and black with the black wheels. And that's the one I bought. It not only looks goo but the white is great in hot sunny South Florida, the interior keeps cooler.
Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Can't say I have, but my Porsche lost 6-8 lbs per corner. It's a striped out track toy that's lost about 500 lbs from stock. Wheel selection includes both Fuchs and Cookie Cutters ( https://www.total911.com/fuchs-wheels-a-porsche-911-history/ ), both are available in multiple finishes but the weights are the same regardless of color. If your black wheels are too heavy, maybe you should paint them a different color.
what black wheels? OZ RACING style: Leggera HLT color: Grigio Corsa weight: 21 lbs a real wheel... what color are you planning to paint your new "black wheels"
you know...to lighten them up? still think you need to study the Ford game plan, but enjoy your new stang. that's what it's all about...n'est pas? https://www.ozracing.com/alloy-wheels/oz-racing/i-tech/leggera-hlt

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I looked at a 18 GT Kona loved the color until I saw it in person. To much purple in it for me. I ended up trading my 15 GT in for an 18 C43 coupe.

I did love the Lightning Blue color

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
I looked at a 18 GT Kona loved the color until I saw it in person. To much purple in it for me. I ended up trading my 15 GT in for an 18 C43 coupe.

I did love the Lightning Blue color
agree...lightning is a great blue. got out of '13 GT Deep Impact, also purplish. got lucky when too late to order '16 DIB so, got the '17 "new" blue...happy stanger!
added bits of gloss black touches, hood vents, Foose spoiler, mirror caps (left bottom edges blue)...just enough, not too much. sounds like a song? no black wheels,
OZ RACING Grigio Corsa, a gray tone and lite weight. really seems to work...d

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I test drove the lightning blue but didn't get it because it didn't have the Digital dash or the perf exhaust
That lightning blue is amazing in the sun

Sponsored

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I test drove the lightning blue but didn't get it because it didn't have the Digital dash or the perf exhaust
That lightning blue is amazing in the sun
I would've bought Lightning blue too, but none around with options I wanted. I like Kona a bit more than Lightning blue myself. I had a Flame blue F150 for 6 years, so I wanted something more different color wise.

Last edited:

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
My shiny wheels (Advanti DST Svelto, mirror titanium finish) are 17 pounds lighter than the stock PP wheels. I also lost 10 pounds on each of the front brake rotors and 6 on the rears with the Baer Eradispeed+ rotors. That all adds up to a hundred pounds lighter, and IMO looks way better than stock.
really like the detail of your wheels...looked at a blow-up on Tire Rack. they look like...quality! they do weigh in at about 22 lbs or 12 lbs less than Ford PP. makes a big
difference. enjoy...d

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Meh I still don’t like the black package but drive what you like.
Agreed.

When I bought my '18, there was a Kona with the black out package right next to the one I wound up buying. I liked the shiny fender emblems and the 19" Polished rims.

To be fair though, I don't like the "murdered out", "blacked out" look on anything.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
[tttUOTE="LSchicago, post: 2319438, member: 35150"]I would've bought Lightning blue too, but none around with options I wanted. I like Kona a bit more than Lightning blue myself. I has a Flame blue F150 for 6 years, so I wanted something more different color wise.[/QUOTE]
I would've bought Lightning blue too, but none around with options I wanted. I like Kona a bit more than Lightning blue myself. I has a Flame blue F150 for 6 years, so I wanted something more different color wise.
this is my 3rd "blue" modern stang. guess I like Ford blues...my first new car, a '65 fastback, Caspian Blue, there's history! yikes!

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Agreed.

When I bought my '18, there was a Kona with the black out package right next to the one I wound up buying. I liked the shiny fender emblems and the 19" Polished rims.

To be fair though, I don't like the "murdered out", "blacked out" look on anything.
welcome...i'm not the only rookie on the site. maybe black everything makes the car faster? Prius owners think so...d

Sponsored

Mooch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 Fusion / Mustang GT Premium on order
My current car is a ‘14 Fusion and there is chrome everywhere, the Grill, trim around the doors, badging. On my ordered Stang I wanted just the opposite. Ordered Black car with the Black accent package. I think it looks great and prefer it to the chrome badges and horse. Somebody here mentioned that the black “hides the lines of the car”, but in person I think it looks awesome and shows all the badass lines of the S550 platform. Looks aggressive and mean. (Especially once I add the gunmetal gt350 style stripes)

:like: Kind of cool that everybody has different tastes. Makes the world go round.

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
My current car is a ‘14 Fusion and there is chrome everywhere, the Grill, trim around the doors, badging. On my ordered Stang I wanted just the opposite. Ordered Black car with the Black accent package. I think it looks great and prefer it to the chrome badges and horse. Somebody here mentioned that the black “hides the lines of the car”, but in person I think it looks awesome and shows all the badass lines of the S550 platform. Looks aggressive and mean. (Especially once I add the gunmetal gt350 style stripes)

:like: Kind of cool that everybody has different tastes. Makes the world go round.
100% on the different tastes...d

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
really like the detail of your wheels...looked at a blow-up on Tire Rack. they look like...quality! they do weigh in at about 22 lbs or 12 lbs less than Ford PP. makes a big
difference. enjoy...d
Yeah, they're beautiful in person too. A little extra effort to wash them, but it's worth it to me.

41133623850_5b21e3e4e2_b.jpg

bluestar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue Mustang GT
My 2018... :)

20180811_064007_zpszyo0jyaz.jpg
Sponsored