Sponsored

Is this still the best/legit Extended Service Plan?

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT, 2013 Taurus SHO, F-350 Crewcab FX4 Lariat 4x4
Are you sure that your car is beyond the 3/36000 warranty? The beginning date of the warranty start is not the date of build, but the day that the car first goes into service. Meaning that if the car sat on the dealers lot for a year before being sold or placed in loaner service by the dealership, that day would be the beginning start date of the warranty.

As for the price difference between Flood Ford and your local dealership, yes there can be that great of a price difference between the two.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I reasearched several esp plans online and found the best prices at Champion Ford
Which Champion Ford? There are several across the country.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
You do that. So far, my AC pump has failed, have been in four times for faulty mirror motors, seat heater is broken, seat cooler is broken, intake manifold broken. These cars are complex, and repairs cost more than ever.
Wow, with that many issues I hope you had the $0 co-pay option.

I'm sure it would be worse with a third party warranty. In my one, and only experience with a third party warranty it was difficult to get even a non-modded car repair paid for.
My experience is the opposite. The only problem now is the ones I've looked at are only good at ASE centers. Not many around here. Have a family friend mechanic and if he was ASE I'd buy third party all day. No performance mod would be off the table.

To be fair, Ford would not sell them if (on average) they didn't make money. That being said, those are dirt cheap, particularly if you opt for a $200 deductable.
You kind of have to look at all the options ($0, $100, $200) and see how much you want to gamble. When I looked at the difference between 0 and 100 it was $500. Well, that's 5 trips with the $100 option. I've never used an ESP 5 times but I have gotten my money's worth out of a single trip before.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Clark, My dealer called to sell me an extended warranty for my 15 F150 and they wanted about $3000. I told them about Flood Ford's quote for $1340 and if they could get close to that price. They just got mad. They make a lot of money marking this policy way up. You can pay more for the same coverage if you like. They don't call them "stealerships" for nothing.

Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Clark, My dealer called to sell me an extended warranty for my 15 F150 and they wanted about $3000. I told them about Flood Ford's quote for $1340 and if they could get close to that price. They just got mad. They make a lot of money marking this policy way up. You can pay more for the same coverage if you like. They don't call them "stealerships" for nothing.
I did the same with my dealer the day I took delivery. He came within $50 of the online price. I’ve always been pretty happy with my dealer so even through he was $50 higher I gave him my business.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I did the same with my dealer the day I took delivery. He came within $50 of the online price. I’ve always been pretty happy with my dealer so even through he was $50 higher I gave him my business.
Your dealer is better than mine.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Took the plunge last night and got the Premium Care. I've never really felt like I needed an extended service plan before, and I've had mostly good luck when it comes to avoiding major repairs...but the complexity and cost of fixing present day-cars is daunting, and Ford's track record on some components (evaporator, I'm looking at you) hasn't been great lately. Flood's pricing is such that it's a pretty minor additional cost spread out over the time I plan to own the car.

(Of course, I'm still hoping I won't need to use the plan at all. My 2011 Mustang only needed one non-warranty repair in 7 years, and needed zero warranty repairs.)

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well, I checked back just to see if pricing has changed, but at at least for my plan it's the same. There's a note that says "Prices good through 9/4/18."

Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Did u ever call them?
Nope, got busy this week and forgot. I'm setting a reminder now to do it next Monday. My warranty runs out 8/24, so I need to get moving on this.

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Manual Magnetic GT Premium w/401a, Performance Pack and Active Exhaust
Nope, got busy this week and forgot. I'm setting a reminder now to do it next Monday. My warranty runs out 8/24, so I need to get moving on this.
Any updates on this? I'm in Florida as well and I've been thinking about trying to use a virtual mailbox service to circumvent this Florida nonsense so I can purchase an extended warranty from Flood Ford.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Extended warranty plans are almost always ripoffs. Anything that's going to break under warranty will do so in the first year or two, anything after that will be considered "normal wear and tear" and won't be covered.
+1

Quoted for truth. They used to joke about customers who bought the extended warranty plans at the dealership I used to work at. Great income for the finance guy, but the coverage was terrible. As with any warranty, they will look for anything they can to get out of paying for a repair.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Did u ever call them?
Any updates on this?
The response I got is "We don't mail anything out. Everything is done by email." I followed up with a question whether a P.O. box is a valid address for the purchase of the plan, and they said "yes". Keep in mind, this is a Florida law. I wouldn't talk about outright breaking the law. You have a second home in another state :like:

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone bought a warranty that wasn't from Ford? When I bought my Expedition in 2006 I got a warranty from the used car dealer that paid for a couple of small things and then a new transmission in 2011. I could use my own mechanic and I dont think they even sent anyone to look at the car. I was thinking performance mods might not be as big of an issue as it is with Ford.
In my experience, when I worked at Honda as a service writer, they are a monumental pain in the ass and will do anything they can to get out of paying.

I did stick it to one of them once, on accident, I accidentally got a muffler warrantied which happened to be aftermarket lol. But that's about the only win I have, people paid a lot of money for those warranties up front and they would flat out deny covering other parts of the system that may have been/were part of the failure. If the AC went out because the compressor exploded, they would only cover the compressor, and the evac and recharge. Not the condenser or any of the lines.
Sponsored