The R still turns heads - 2 years later

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Its an awesome piece of machinery, no doubt...

It will go down in history as the best mustang ever - IMO. Best doesn't mean fastest, or most powerful, of course ;)
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
It never gets old - I get thumbs up comments everywhere I go !

Heck this guy at my kid's high school was out looking at my car and JUMPED and literally went nuts in happiness when I started mine up. Absolutely hilarious !
You sure that wasn’t Richard Simmons?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I get mixed reviews...

Nearly everyone out on the street is breaking a neck, recording it in motion, giving me a thumbs up or slowing to ride behind or beside me to hear it.

In the tunnels or underpasses, I can easily get the finger, as I love to rasp the exhaust in there so it’s hit or miss.

For some reason, my local cars and coffee crowd in Columbia couldn’t care less... they sort of snub me, lol... they pay the Raptor more attention than the R when I drive it there. I can’t figure those people out.

But no matter what, everytime I jump behind the wheel I am grinning from ear-to-ear just as I did the first day I picked her up.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
In the tunnels or underpasses, I can easily get the finger, as I love to rasp the exhaust in there so it’s hit or miss.
Yeah Sport Exhaust definitely will raise the ire of other motorists for sure and put them into douchebag mode.

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Spacebird, welcome to the front range. We have two really great road courses: High Plains Raceway, and Pueblo Motorsports Park. Pikes Peak International Raceway also has an infield road course, but it's not as fun as the other two. PM me if you have any questions. Hope to see you out there with NASA or Porsche Club (I would have met you at C&C, but I was out at HPR instructing with Porsche Club. Drove a 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo-OH-MY-GOD.)
I got my 2016 GT350R in June of 2016. In that time I’ve put 4300 miles on the car between joy riding and track time at COTA and MSR Houston. When my car was new it drew attention at the Houston Cars & Coffee and any track day I showed up to. Unsurprisingly, the PCOTY was what everyone wanted to see in person.

Surprisingly, nearly two years later little has changed. Maybe the country bumpkin here in Colorado (moved here in July 2017) are more impressed, but I doubt it. At today’s Lafayette Cars & Coffee with over 1000 cars (many of the $250K+ and 1 of 100 variety) there are only a few that made people stop and take notice and my 2 year old GT350R was one of them. Maybe it’s a dose of owner’s pride that’s tinting my perspective, but I swear this car gets all the looks. People stop and stare, peek through the windows, take selfies with it. Dodge Rams and Jeep Wranglers hit the brakes to pull up beside it. It seems almost silly.

Anyway, there’s not much meat to this post and I’m bordering on a humble-brag, but thought I’d share and see what kind of experience you guys still get a few years into ownership.

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I picked up my 2016 GT350 in Nov of 2015. It must be said that it is RACE-FREAKIN'-RED! I don't know if that is a major contributor to the attention that it receives, but I get what is a surprising attention pretty much every day. But, for me the best thing is that sometimes I walk out to the car and it's like I'm seeing it for the first time. The car is a looker! No doubt!!!

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
My son told me there are 3 kids with non Shelby S550s at his school that apparently stalk my R

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Yeah Sport Exhaust definitely will raise the ire of other motorists for sure and put them into douchebag mode.
I haven't seen the finger, but I have noticed that if I'm in normal mode - people drive normally around me - aside from the people that know what the car is and stare etc...

When in sport mode - suddenly everyone is trying to prevent me from passing them or getting in their lane - at first I thought it was just the sound making them want to go... but.. maybe it's them not wanting that sound in front of them lol

Sponsored

EY350RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue gt350R
i had a little kid with his mom come out of a grocery store while im entering. he goes " wow mommy is that a Nascar"

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I haven't seen the finger, but I have noticed that if I'm in normal mode - people drive normally around me - aside from the people that know what the car is and stare etc...

When in sport mode - suddenly everyone is trying to prevent me from passing them or getting in their lane - at first I thought it was just the sound making them want to go... but.. maybe it's them not wanting that sound in front of them lol

Ahh, sounds like Seattle. The good news is most don't realize Raptors are fast, so it's easy to fly past them before they realize what is happening.
Sponsored