Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
I agree... the single file installation for build 18025 is what I consider to be the core operating system itself. I don't know if this is the same for nav and non-nav units - does anyone know?

Some of the previous build installations have involved several large update files, and these have been updating not just the core OS but also gracenotes, voice commands and other areas. I know that if we trawl through the 284 pages in this forum there is an explanation as to what those other updates all do.

I don't think it matters to update just the core OS on older installations, but someone who really understands this process should be able to comment as to what could be "missing" - if it's just an updated Gracenotes database, then who cares! :)
Sponsored

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
I updated mine to 3.0, but I still can’t get waze working through my iPhone. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone actually got waze show up on screen to an iPhone?

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
You need to wait until April 2018 :) ...at which point we should expect Waze to release an updated version of the app for iPhone which supports Ford AppLink. I think I read somewhere that the app has to be up and running on the iPhone for it to work too, as it doesn't work "in the background".

Alternatively, Waze can run in the background on an Android phone and Sync3 of course supports Android Auto, which also supports Waze. I have been playing with it a lot in the past week.

I would prefer to be able to use Waze through AppLink than just Android Auto though... maybe after the iPhone update there will be Android support for AppLink too, but I haven't read anything yet which refers to that.

Michael J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base EB; PP; Power Pack; Magnetic;

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
Where can I find a v3.0 download link? The first page only references the v2.3 and I've installed that.

Any reasons as to why I wouldn't want to install it?

Thanks --

Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
ok let us know, in the meantime I have a theory about this wifi popup, I may be totally off or I might be onto something..just a theory:

the wifi popup disappeared after I uploaded the XML file back to ford.owner found within syncmyride folder after my installation, so could there be a connection there that the system thinks theres an update untill its cleared out?
I have the wifi pop off now. It keeps telling me I can access wifi sources when they are nearby. Even turning off wifi notification doesn't stop it. So I am assuming that is what you are referring to.

You may be right about reporting your update on the owners site. Unfortunately, I have a 2015 and my owners account insists that I have MFT installed, not sync 3.
:confused:

I guess I will have to live with it for now.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Maybe it is already asked but there are too many messages in the tread and not have much time to read.
so I just ordered my 18 GT 301A package. I will get it in a week. Is it gonna come with car play or do I need to do this update?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe it is already asked but there are too many messages in the tread and not have much time to read.
so I just ordered my 18 GT 301A package. I will get it in a week. Is it gonna come with car play or do I need to do this update?
it will come with sync3 touchscreen but wont have navigation (extra $795 option)

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
it will come with sync3 touchscreen but wont have navigation (extra $795 option)

Sorry for not being clear. I wasnt talking about the nav. I was asking about the car play.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for not being clear. I wasnt talking about the nav. I was asking about the car play.
I totally missed that part out, yes it will support carplay, regardless of having nav or not

CaptainUnderpants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Any mustang owners have version 3 show up on their owners.ford.com website yet?