2017 Mustang GTPP
Bought mine today so well see how it does for my dd
Sponsored

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Mine is still sitting in the garage, so is the sensor to plug the hole. Need to find a screw/bolt to attach the sensor.
You could go the route I did to just tap and plug with a 1/2-13 bolt. They can really be found at autozone, pepboys, advance etc. Home depot I think might even have the bolt. You just need to go the the bolt section at either of those places.

Brief update:

I had some family stuff arise so been a little distracted. Anyways I got around to calling AED and they wont remote tune the F150-Manifold. His reason is he doesn't have data on the Cam timing stuff like the other manifolds. He asked about runner length and plenum size.I was told he would do inhouse dyno if anybody is near the shop. Looks like we need someone near to take one for the team or call and ask again lol. If not i think it will only be lund for remote tuning (not sure if i remember correctly) ? Anyways I was waiting to get another tune besides the PP2 but I may just bite the bullet and dyno as is:tsk:

I did get a chance to data log if anyone is interested: This is with PP2, Catback, F150 Manifold

https://datazap.me/u/jcart9532/log-1506048372?log=0&data=12-13-15-19

Here is my log with everything prior to the F150 Manifold install:

https://datazap.me/u/jcart9532/jcart953-gt-wot-0?log=0&data=5-6-9-10-11-16-25

Perhaps a Tuning Guru can take a look for us and let us know if there is anything important :)

Last edited:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Mine is still sitting in the garage, so is the sensor to plug the hole. Need to find a screw/bolt to attach the sensor.
Damn, I didnt think of that. Is the hole threaded or does it look like a short self tapping screw will work?

I still think that a good tuner who takes the time to tweak the VCT will end up giving up virtually nothing on top with a nice boost across the board otherwise (versus the stock GT intake)....
I should find out soon. Hopefully sometime this month.

Will Lund do it?
Lund will tune it.

This was Dakota @ Lund's response to my inquiry about it.

Honestly i have not done that set up yet to truly give you a real world opinion. That intake in theory should definitely give you a little more mid range and with your car being FI i cant see the top end taking much of a hit especially if NA guys are only loosing 6 in the top end. this would shift your power band to a lower range but cant be much. If you want to do it ill tune for it and once finished we can do a dyno pull to compare curves.
I'm FI but I dont see why that would change their ability to tune it. If anything I would think N/A would be easier.

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well, I bought one too. Might be a couple weeks before I get to install it with my work travel schedule but looking forward to seeing how it performs. Probably get a dyno and update my tune. Rob Shoemaker already said he would adjust the tune.

Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Remote tune

BurnsS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP Premium
Anyone here with VMP?
Not a huge deal, just wondering?

jke0114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red
Interested in how this plays out. Spent the $64 and bought one off ebay

Dr.Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just ordered one from Ebay. With the IM off, I'm guessing that it will be a lot easier to get to the bolt that holds the sound tube to the firewall, so i may add the Mishimoto intake tube when i install the IM.

This may be a dumb question, but will i still be able to use my UPR catch can with the F150 IM?

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Damn, I didnt think of that. Is the hole threaded or does it look like a short self tapping screw will work?

I should find out soon. Hopefully sometime this month.

Lund will tune it.

This was Dakota @ Lund's response to my inquiry about it.

I'm FI but I dont see why that would change their ability to tune it. If anything I would think N/A would be easier.
You're installing the truck intake on your stage2 P1x car? Im guessing this is gonna flatline even sooner than a stock 15+ manifold car.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
You're installing the truck intake on your stage2 P1x car? Im guessing this is gonna flatline even sooner than a stock 15+ manifold car.
centrifugal cars benefit from being revved, especially a high revving/low torque motor like the coyote.
Since centrifugals build power as they rev, and the F150 manifold loses power in high rpms. I think there's a good chance that it'll even out and the P1X will make it keep gaining power instead of falling off like on the F150 manifold N/A.

That being said I'm also wastegated so I don't continue building power as much in high rpms. So we will see. I figured for $64 I would try it out since it's something different. My car is my DD and rarely redlines anyway, which is why I'm going for midrange power as that's what's more useful to me. Also, I don't have any flatline with the stock manifold.

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Anyone have theirs installed yet?
Sponsored