Adester

Adester
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT V8 Auto
Just had a call from Haynes. My Mustang is now on these shores & heading to the dealership. Because of work/life commitments, I can't see her until next Wednesday. I've requested that all the wrappings are left on & she's not cleaned at all. I want to see her just as she is & take the wrappings off myself.

Haynes really have been good so far; I've been assured that no one will touch her until I get there next week - I do hope so. I'll get them to fit the Stow 'N' Show plate holder first & I'll see how I get on with the original clutch spring, then decide if I want to change to the Steeda one which I've already got.

Getting really excited now & a little nervous as well. Must be patient!
Sponsored

Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I remember that day! The good thing is it'll never get boring walking up to it and opening the door.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Take the number plate brackets away, just to mitigate...........

PeterE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 S550 GT; 2022 Z4 M40i; 1978 Stag
Just had a call from Haynes. My Mustang is now on these shores & heading to the dealership. Because of work/life commitments, I can't see her until next Wednesday. I've requested that all the wrappings are left on & she's not cleaned at all. I want to see her just as she is & take the wrappings off myself.

Haynes really have been good so far; I've been assured that no one will touch her until I get there next week - I do hope so. I'll get them to fit the Stow 'N' Show plate holder first & I'll see how I get on with the original clutch spring, then decide if I want to change to the Steeda one which I've already got.

[MENTION=30432]Adester[/MENTION] Adrian, PM me if you'd like to know how my Haynes pickup experience went four weeks ago, mostly good but a few issues to look out for!

Peter

OP
OP
Adester

Adester

Adester
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT V8 Auto
Hi there,

Just got back from Haynes after having my first look at our LB Mustang GT & I love it!

Haynes are happy to fit my Stow & Show for no extra cost & I've taken the number plate mountings away with me so they can't be fitted (thanks @LoneSurvivor for the tip). I've also taken the window sticker as well as the delivery printouts from inside the car. She's got 32 dlivery miles on her & I'm told this shouldn't increase as the est of the PDI / valeting processes should all now happen on-site.

I specifically requested they have it delivered with all the protective wrappings on so I could see it in its raw state, prior to any prep work. I've allowed them to valet it, which will happen next week, but asked them to take care.

Due to pick her up on Saturday 17th June. Here's a couple of pictures of her in the flesh.

Thanks for the tips on the check list, I can't check the paint yet but will do before handing over the money.

Sorry for the size of the pictures, if they appear a bit big, I'll try harder next time!

Cheers,

Adrian
SAM_2933.jpg
SAM_2938.jpg
SAM_2940.jpg
SAM_2944.jpg
SAM_2946.jpg
SAM_2939.jpg

Sponsored

Matrix2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Looking great. :headbang:

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Hi there,

Just got back from Haynes after having my first look at our LB Mustang GT & I love it!

Haynes are happy to fit my Stow & Show for no extra cost & I've taken the number plate mountings away with me so they can't be fitted (thanks @LoneSurvivor for the tip). I've also taken the window sticker as well as the delivery printouts from inside the car. She's got 32 dlivery miles on her & I'm told this shouldn't increase as the est of the PDI / valeting processes should all now happen on-site.

I specifically requested they have it delivered with all the protective wrappings on so I could see it in its raw state, prior to any prep work. I've allowed them to valet it, which will happen next week, but asked them to take care.

Due to pick her up on Saturday 17th June. Here's a couple of pictures of her in the flesh.

Thanks for the tips on the check list, I can't check the paint yet but will do before handing over the money.

Sorry for the size of the pictures, if they appear a bit big, I'll try harder next time!

Cheers,

Adrian
Oh, the white interior, haven't seen a car yet with white inside as yet in person, only ebony and saddle.

32 delivery miles sounds quite a bit as well and it doesn't look like the dealership have done any with all the coverings still on, wonder why it's high. Mine was 17 miles and the 17th June won't come soon enough, it'll be like Christmas morning :clap2:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
:lol: just spotted the "do not touch or clean this car" sign! Great work...

She looks beautiful by the way, great choice :cheers:

OP
OP
Adester

Adester

Adester
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT V8 Auto
Thanks for the comments guys, we'll see how the handover goes & whether they fit the 'Stow & Show' correctly!

Adrian

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Congrats and good luck!... the LB is a stunner in real life... saw quite a few on the lots of the Ford dealers in the US recently and photos just don't do that colour justice (always seems to 'wash-out' in front of a camera).

we'll see how the handover goes & whether they fit the 'Stow & Show' correctly!
...And if they can't fit a 'Sto-n-Sho' correctly I'd be REALLY worried :headbonk: !

Get the spacers, exhaust and stripes on it ASAP :D !
Sponsored