From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I am with Erie Insurance. I insure four vehicles, three of which are full overage (including the GT of course). I pay $180 a month for the said coverage.
Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I am 62, State Farm, shop every few years, but never enough difference to change. 600 a year for the Mustang, 620 for the Vette and 1,200 for 2007 F430, all less than 7K a year and 500 deductible. My other cars are 12K miles a year and are in the 600 range as well.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'm an auto adjuster for a major insurer and from my experience, most insurance companies are are all the same. Go where the rate is the cheapest. The problem most consumers don't understand is that consumers are ignorant when it comes to how auto insurance works.

If you are upset with how a claim is handled about 80% of the time its either the customers fault or they just have unrealistic expectations. Granted the companies are not perfect by any stretch but they all tend to do a good job for their customers.

The problem is the customer mentality of thinking they are always right when the customer is usually wrong. Just my two cents

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
I need to shop around when mine comes due but I have my homeowners, a 2012 5.0 premium model, a 1993 F150 4x4 and an 03 Cobra with Safeco. I'm 36, single with no kids and pay $141.00 a month for auto. I think that's pretty good. I have full coverage on every vehicle with a $500 deductible

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I Texas I've had Allstate and they respond fast and fair, but they dropped me, my fault. I now use Progressive but the 2 accidents have murdered me for 4 years now, no fault, no ticket. Your state matters as well. I pay $183.00 month until June when the no faults drop off the record.

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm an auto adjuster for a major insurer and from my experience, most insurance companies are are all the same. Go where the rate is the cheapest. The problem most consumers don't understand is that consumers are ignorant when it comes to how auto insurance works.

If you are upset with how a claim is handled about 80% of the time its either the customers fault or they just have unrealistic expectations. Granted the companies are not perfect by any stretch but they all tend to do a good job for their customers.

The problem is the customer mentality of thinking they are always right when the customer is usually wrong. Just my two cents
Curious if you being an adjuster (or anyone else who reads this) have ever heard the one about Geico canceling policies (or maybe even disputing a claim) when they hear you have installed performance mods like say a supercharger. I haven't heard of any claim dispute, but I did read a thread on them cancelling a policy when they found out the extra $ the owner wanted to insure the vehicle for was because he had performance stuff on his car.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Yeah but how much do you pay the agent?
I'm pretty sure I pay him NOTHING!
He works to get the accounts and get paid that way.

magnetic16gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
If you're eligible, USAA is the best there is, in my opinion. Usually the cheapest too.
I started with USAA when I was 23. My rates crept up every 6 months. No tickets/accidents/claims. Every time I called, they would quote something about having to collect for higher claims in my state, etc. Finally shopped around and realized I was not getting the best deal. Switched to AAA and my rates have not increased in the last 2 years. Worst thing was, the agent from USAA tried to bad mouth every other insurance company while trying to get me to stay. I still bank with them, but that experience put a bad taste in my mouth.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Curious if you being an adjuster (or anyone else who reads this) have ever heard the one about Geico canceling policies (or maybe even disputing a claim) when they hear you have installed performance mods like say a supercharger. I haven't heard of any claim dispute, but I did read a thread on them cancelling a policy when they found out the extra $ the owner wanted to insure the vehicle for was because he had performance stuff on his car.
Yes I have heard of that, heck I have geico for my insurance, and no I don't work there. To that I say it is pretty clear they don't want to insure vehicles they believe will be used for racing. They don't hide that fact and make it very clear when getting a quote.

Comes back to the consumer if people are dumb enough to let geico or other carriers know their intentions then they deserve to have policies canceled. Remember as consumers we all have choices, if we make wrong ones we can't blame the company. Again just my two cents

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'm pretty sure I pay him NOTHING!
He works to get the accounts and get paid that way.
Correct agents get paid by carriers not consumers

Sponsored

AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
I started with USAA when I was 23. My rates crept up every 6 months. No tickets/accidents/claims. Every time I called, they would quote something about having to collect for higher claims in my state, etc. Finally shopped around and realized I was not getting the best deal. Switched to AAA and my rates have not increased in the last 2 years. Worst thing was, the agent from USAA tried to bad mouth every other insurance company while trying to get me to stay. I still bank with them, but that experience put a bad taste in my mouth.
Yep. I won't ever use USAA insurance again after having the same experience, in terms of customer service. When I informed them that I was switching to Geico, the phone rep told me Geico got bought out 6 months prior and that they would not honor my quoted price without me writing to corporate and getting a legally binding contract. Then he wouldn't cancel my policy until I provided proof of new insurance, he said.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Yep. I won't ever use USAA insurance again after having the same experience, in terms of customer service. When I informed them that I was switching to Geico, the phone rep told me Geico got bought out 6 months prior and that they would not honor my quoted price without me writing to corporate and getting a legally binding contract. Then he wouldn't cancel my policy until I provided proof of new insurance, he said.
Wow haha. I would have ended that conversation with "Well, don't expect to get paid anymore because as far as I'm concerned the policy just got cancelled." What a bunch of douches.

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
If you're eligible, USAA is the best there is, in my opinion. Usually the cheapest too.
Just found out that is a LIE today, thought so too. Just did a Geico qoute and im paying 190/mo with USAA (including $30 renters) but geico just qouted me 75/mo.

Called USAA and they basically told me kick rocks then. I made sure all the coverage matched for good comparison. Even lower deductible.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Progressive tried the same thing with me when I went from the 2015 WRX to the Mustang at the end of June. My insurance went from $108 a month for 2 cars (WRX & Daily) to $280 (Mustang & Daily) a month. When I called and asked why such a large increase they tried the whole state fees, requirements, etc. I didn't buy it for one minute. Called GEICO and 30 minutes later I was quoted for $90 a month for both cars (Mustang & Daily) with more coverage. Pretty shitty considering I was with Progressive for 10 years. But insurance is just like a job. Sometimes you need to bounce around to get better pay.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Sorry to hear about the problems with USAA some of you have had- I've never had any problems with them and they always gave me better rates than I could find elsewhere.
Sponsored