Sponsored

GT350 IM is awesome!

Vanquisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Yes ran both tunes with the gt350tb. Car drives fine with no real issues on both tunes. The Lund one may even be a touch smoother. The Lund tune had poor initial idle on cold start when the temp was less then 60* out. I'm sure they could get that ironed out with a couple of data logs. I just wanted to try a dyno tune because I expected more power out of the updated mods you can see in my sig. The Rev Auto tune cold starts much better and made better power. I believe Lund could certainly get me here too, just with more time and effort due to email tuning. I still need to log the Rev tune and see what afr and timing I am now running. Tuner said max timing was around 26-27* on 93 and 27-28* on e85. That sounds a little low to me. I was used to seeing 29* on 93 and 30-31* on e85 with my Lund tune. May still be some power on the table if that is true.
Good to know on the lund tune. Sadly there is not much E85 in my area otherwise I'd consider the flex tune. There is only one station about 45 minutes away. In all honesty really thought 450whp was possible on pump 93 wit the setup. What I am also wondering these days is if my Airraid intake being a weak link. I feel with a JLT/350 CAiI with the larger tube there might be a few HP on the table switching.

Meh not going to switch now with the procharger sitting in my living room.
Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Closest e85 station is an hour from me, haha. I don't daily drive it. I fill up and fill 3 5gal gas cans up. That lasts me about a month usually driving it on the weekends. There is a member here who was also tuned by Rev Auto that made over 450whp on 93 with a very close set up to mine but he had ARH headers. E85 is usually good for 10whp or so at this power level NA from my experience. Makes us pretty close but shows 450whp is possible with bolt ons on 93.

Vanquisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Closest e85 station is an hour from me, haha. I don't daily drive it. I fill up and fill 3 5gal gas cans up. That lasts me about a month usually driving it on the weekends. There is a member here who was also tuned by Rev Auto that made over 450whp on 93 with a very close set up to mine but he had ARH headers. E85 is usually good for 10whp or so at this power level NA from my experience. Makes us pretty close but shows 450whp is possible with bolt ons on 93.
Ha not a bad idea I was thinking of doing the same myself just going and filling up a few cans. Maybe i'll do E85 for the blower setup getting close to parking the car for the winter. Yeah I put down 435 with my setup ARH 1 7/8ths, Corsa Xtreme, Airraid, 350 Manifold/TB. Felt low another setup very similar to mine put out 454.

Its running very rich on the top end 12.0-12.1 AFR. I think there is a few HP on the table here. I was running against a FBO 550 at Atco last week and we were trapping the same MPH (115-116) in 2000DA 90% Humidity. I felt I should be a few MPH higher.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
Ha not a bad idea I was thinking of doing the same myself just going and filling up a few cans. Maybe i'll do E85 for the blower setup getting close to parking the car for the winter. Yeah I put down 435 with my setup ARH 1 7/8ths, Corsa Xtreme, Airraid, 350 Manifold/TB. Felt low another setup very similar to mine put out 454.

Its running very rich on the top end 12.0-12.1 AFR. I think there is a few HP on the table here. I was running against a FBO 550 at Atco last week and we were trapping the same MPH (115-116) in 2000DA 90% Humidity. I felt I should be a few MPH higher.

I think you are talking about mine (454whp). But that was with the GT350TB. The stock TB is on there now so knows where I'm at. I think the only real difference between our setups is I'm running the GT350 airbox.

Vanquisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
I think you are talking about mine (454whp). But that was with the GT350TB. The stock TB is on there now so knows where I'm at. I think the only real difference between our setups is I'm running the GT350 airbox.

I had the 350TB on as well. Which is why I was a bit shocked since it was the same dyno but it was like 90 degrees 100% humidity the day they dyno'd it. Who knows. Did you re-tune with stock TB or did you just swap it? Yeah it had me wondering if I gave up 5-10whp on the intake choice.

Sponsored

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
I had the 350TB on as well. Which is why I was a bit shocked since it was the same dyno but it was like 90 degrees 100% humidity the day they dyno'd it. Who knows. Did you re-tune with stock TB or did you just swap it? Yeah it had me wondering if I gave up 5-10whp on the intake choice.
No I didn't swap it. JDM was switching it back and forth trying to chase down a problem which turned out to be false knock (headers making contact with heat shield during shifts). They forgot to switch it back when they gave my car back. At least that's the story they are telling me.

jt351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 dib Gt premium, 1990 hatch 351 supercharged
Has anyone done any dynoing or et times of the gt350 IM with a supercharger before and after. I really plan on getting a vortech or paxton and just wondering switching manifolds will be as beneficial.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone done any dynoing or et times of the gt350 IM with a supercharger before and after. I really plan on getting a vortech or paxton and just wondering switching manifolds will be as beneficial.
Aaah yeah:

Stangz_crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have to say this. Right now I am not too happy with the SP headers I have installed. I made 454whp with cat deletes and added the headers (1 7/8 SP's) along with a PMAS intake (had JLT) and the gt350 TB. Same dyno and lost 1whp and 6wtq. I did 3 dyno pulls and checked the logs. AFR was .86 and timing was 31* with zero positive knock. This was with Lund doing the tuning for both setups on e85. Went to Rev Auto and got a dyno tune and only made 442whp on that dyno (both dyno jet). I would have expected at least 5-10whp gain and made nothing. I am going to do another dyno session on the first dyno to compare tunes on the same dyno just in case Rev's reads lower but so far I am pretty discouraged about my purchases. I spent quite a bit for no improvement. I am starting to believe the hype around the ARH and Kooks headers. Rev's tuner Adam said that the ARH and Kooks definitely make more power due to a better design with the tubes coming into the collector in the correct firing order for better scavenging affect. I know of another member here with an almost identical setup to mine except he has ARH headers and he made 450+ on Rev's dyno on 93. I just can't believe I added headers, a supposedly superior intake and the gt350 tb and gained zero on 2 different dynos with 2 tuners. I also inspected the dyno graphs to look under the curve and still found zero gains. I think aside from a better header design I am just maxed on air flow until cams or boost is introduced. You would think between Lund and Rev Auto the VCT tuning would be maximized.
So basically you are saying, no huge difference between Mak cat deletes and LT?

Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
2 cases here of GT350 braking the glass OPG gears at 7000 rpm.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66091P
Oh here we go again! There are rare cases when the OPG fails due to high revs, unless you're revving to something crazy like 8500+. Unless, it is a factory defect, of course.

UPDATE: I finally got some e85 in the car and it runs like a mother******* champ. I cant wait to start hurting some feelings in this thing. I'm still waiting for some dyno time, should come in the next few weeks.

Vanquisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Oh here we go again! There are rare cases when the OPG fails due to high revs, unless you're revving to something crazy like 8500+. Unless, it is a factory defect, of course.

UPDATE: I finally got some e85 in the car and it runs like a mother******* champ. I cant wait to start hurting some feelings in this thing. I'm still waiting for some dyno time, should come in the next few weeks.
Still debating flex fuel upgrade lol. Do you mix w/ Gas? How much E85 do you usually fill up with?

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
So basically you are saying, no huge difference between Mak cat deletes and LT?
Not for me. I did not see the 15whp gain over the cat deletes I was expecting from most peoples claims. In the end with the Rev Auto tune I saw a few hp and 10tq, so some of that may have been from the headers. Two of the fastest NA cars here (running 10.86-11.0) are running SW or SP headers (same design). I can't really argue with that.

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Are there any installation guides on the 350 manifold? besides the one that is ~$75? thanks!
Sponsored