Sponsored

GT350 IM is awesome!

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
There's a reason why arh, kooks and sw's are the best sellers, you may have just found out why..the best parts get the best results!
SW's are exactly the same design as the SP's.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Is there data backing that? I'd love to see it.:cheers:
I've had both sizes but on two different cars. I feel like the 1 7/8" showed more power gains vs the 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 stepped I had. No dyno just airflow numbers in the upper rpms are much better with the 1 7/8".

Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What does your torque curve look like ? I raced an s550 with ARH and PMAS lund tune on e85 many times . He was .3 and 3 mph behind everytime
Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give. Your times and power level are definitely what I am trying to achieve. I am glad to see you using the same headers I am at least with your results!

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I have to say this. Right now I am not too happy with the SP headers I have installed. I made 454whp with cat deletes and added the headers (1 7/8 SP's) along with a PMAS intake (had JLT) and the gt350 TB. Same dyno and lost 1whp and 6wtq. I did 3 dyno pulls and checked the logs. AFR was .86 and timing was 31* with zero positive knock. This was with Lund doing the tuning for both setups on e85. Went to Rev Auto and got a dyno tune and only made 442whp on that dyno (both dyno jet). I would have expected at least 5-10whp gain and made nothing. I am going to do another dyno session on the first dyno to compare tunes on the same dyno just in case Rev's reads lower but so far I am pretty discouraged about my purchases. I spent quite a bit for no improvement. I am starting to believe the hype around the ARH and Kooks headers. Rev's tuner Adam said that the ARH and Kooks definitely make more power due to a better design with the tubes coming into the collector in the correct firing order for better scavenging affect. I know of another member here with an almost identical setup to mine except he has ARH headers and he made 450+ on Rev's dyno on 93. I just can't believe I added headers, a supposedly superior intake and the gt350 tb and gained zero on 2 different dynos with 2 tuners. I also inspected the dyno graphs to look under the curve and still found zero gains. I think aside from a better header design I am just maxed on air flow until cams or boost is introduced. You would think between Lund and Rev Auto the VCT tuning would be maximized.
Try with the stock throttle body before you jump to conclusions I've seen a few big losses from the GT350 throttle body. Here is one.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40739&highlight=GT350

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try with the stock throttle body before you jump to conclusions I've seen a few big losses from the GT350 throttle body. Here is one.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40739&highlight=GT350
I am going back to the first dyno tomorrow with my stock TB and will do a back to back if I see no improvement. Lately the buzz has been that the gt350 TB will either have no gain or a little gain. I have not seen anyone with a proper tune lose power but at this point I need to try a few things to see whats what.

Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
FWIW, my SP headers and PMAS went 119.8 in a full weight Premium PP car. They can and will make the power.

Vanquisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Guys on 93 with this setup. What is your target AFR at WOT?

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update. Went back to my buddies dyno and compared my last Lund tune with this setup and my current Rev Auto dyno tune. Pleased with the improvements. 458whp 395wtq, check under the curve though also! Still wish I had made more power on e85 with all my mods added since my 454whp 385wtq pull on this same dyno. I'll take what gains I can though. Did not swap throttle bodies back since I made improvements and would have to use an older Lund tune. I don't have a stock tb tune from Rev to compare to.
RAgt350tbe85.jpg

Vanquisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Quick update. Went back to my buddies dyno and compared my last Lund tune with this setup and my current Rev Auto dyno tune. Pleased with the improvements. 458whp 395wtq, check under the curve though also! Still wish I had made more power on e85 with all my mods added since my 454whp 385wtq pull on this same dyno. I'll take what gains I can though. Did not swap throttle bodies back since I made improvements and would have to use an older Lund tune. I don't have a stock tb tune from Rev to compare to.
How does the car drive on the dyno tune with the 350 TB. Any surging? Did you run the lund tune with the TB as well?

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes ran both tunes with the gt350tb. Car drives fine with no real issues on both tunes. The Lund one may even be a touch smoother. The Lund tune had poor initial idle on cold start when the temp was less then 60* out. I'm sure they could get that ironed out with a couple of data logs. I just wanted to try a dyno tune because I expected more power out of the updated mods you can see in my sig. The Rev Auto tune cold starts much better and made better power. I believe Lund could certainly get me here too, just with more time and effort due to email tuning. I still need to log the Rev tune and see what afr and timing I am now running. Tuner said max timing was around 26-27* on 93 and 27-28* on e85. That sounds a little low to me. I was used to seeing 29* on 93 and 30-31* on e85 with my Lund tune. May still be some power on the table if that is true.
Sponsored