EB or GT?

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
34k is a lot to me, I'm poor as shit and barely got away with my 21k V6, now all I hear is people on the internet telling me that I should have gotten a car that is 13k+ more... or get a civic :doh:.

Last year it got to me really bad and even I tried trading in my V6 despite being in a lot of negative equity, the dealer wanted 5k and my payments would rise to 700/mo, I was short like 2k but I and was even willing to max out my credit cards. Had I actually went through with that, holy crap I would have had a 700 monthly car payment all for the sake of avoiding internet peoples insults. :headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:
Dude, ignore. You got an awesome car. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING BETTER. Don't chase that phantom.

A V6 S550 puts most factory Mustangs from the past to shame in every category. Be happy, enjoy your car. It is a sweet car man.
Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Dude, ignore. You got an awesome car. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING BETTER. Don't chase that phantom.

A V6 S550 puts most factory Mustangs from the past to shame in every category. Be happy, enjoy your car. It is a sweet car man.
Yea, I'd be happy to have a V6 S550. When you look at the alternatives (~$20-25k "sporty" cars), it's the coolest one out there. Put a roush axleback, katskins, an 8" sintegrate, wheels and suspensions on it and you'll be set.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
34k is a lot to me, I'm poor as shit and barely got away with my 21k V6, now all I hear is people on the internet telling me that I should have gotten a car that is 13k+ more... or get a civic :doh:.

Last year it got to me really bad and even I tried trading in my V6 despite being in a lot of negative equity, the dealer wanted 5k and my payments would rise to 700/mo, I was short like 2k but I and was even willing to max out my credit cards. Had I actually went through with that, holy crap I would have had a 700 monthly car payment all for the sake of avoiding internet peoples insults. :headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:
You made the smart choice.and those who insult are usually the ones who have made poor choices in life and are insecure about themselves. They must put others down in order to feel important

My first car out of college was a certified Audi for 18k that helped build excellent credit and save money each month. Now I can basically afford any car I desire but got an EB over the GT/GT350. I financed the entire nut and it still only amounts to a days pay.

Stand tall and be proud of what you have accomplished and the car that you drive.

Last edited:

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
I actually went to get a v6 manual, but drove out with a gt base manual. 16 model year end close out had gt base at 28k. So it was 24 k for a v6 or 4k more for a v8. At msrp i would be driving a v6 too. You got a nice car that respond wells to forced induction. Enjoy it.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport

Yep, almost everyone wants something better. People with loaded GT Premiums wish they had a GT350. People with GT350's probably wish they had a GT350R or some other fancier car. People with Ferrari's wish they had a Buggatti or whatever. You get the point.

At this stage in my life, with my wife & I both working I can afford a 3rd "toy"car at $40k. I could actually afford more, but can't justify what I really want.... a 911 S.

Point is... enjoy what you have. And don't bite off more than you can chew financially.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.

Exactly. It's all about perspective. Think of how many people alive on this planet don't have a pot to piss in. You aren't living on the streets of Bombay or rummaging through garbage dumps each day just to survive.

Be thankful, as in the grand scheme of things, what car you drive is pretty damn meaningless.

It's just a car.

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
Agreed 4/6/8 they are all great.
If I could afford a GT(not a Mustang) I would love to have that so there is always something better. Just think the GT is a ECO Boost 6, do you think any of the great V8 bashers wouldn't give up their Mustang for the GT with a 6?
In any case just love the car you have make it yours and be happy.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

Dude...enjoy your V6. It's a great car.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

Don't trade it. Especially in your situation. Keep it, and ignore the internet peoples. Yes, it's hard. And I failed the test myself -- but I was also in a situation where I could afford the luxury. I had the cash. My cheapness was more of a character flaw than a financial thing.

Anyway, the V6 is a good car. It's faster and nicer looking than any Civic, or any other car in that price range. Don't compare it to the GT. Compare it to what else is on the market for that money. And if some of the enthusiasts here, or elsewhere trash the car (and some of them will, we both know that), then f*ck them. Don't talk to them. Half of those guys probably ARE eating a $700/month payment, or something, and are in debt up to their eyeballs.

I'd go so far to say that maybe you should avoid the forums (I drunkenly considered bailing myself -- again, a character flaw) altogether. If nobody was around to poke fun at your car, would be you happy with it? If so, then your problem isn't a car -- it's people. And those are easy to eject from your life.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I should also point out that GT guys get flak, too. Sometimes I go to the meetups, and there are folks who will say "what, you didn't get the Shelby?" Or, one of my favorites, "no supercharger? Weaksauce."

Yeah, less common than hate directed at non-V8 cars. But still present. So it will NEVER go away fully.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Get what you can afford. Starving yourself to have a higher car payment is silly. I bought a 2011 V6 when they released the new engines, and loved it -- that was what I could afford at the time. By the time the 2015's rolled around, I could afford a GT. They're both fantastic, excellent cars. Nothing wrong with having a car you can afford and that's great fun to drive.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Just buy a camaro.
Things I like about the new Camaro: Magnetic shocks; 8 speed transmission; dual mode exhaust.

Things I don't like about the new Camaro: Getting it with those options and similar options to my Mustang costs $55,000. Also you can't see out of it.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4