Mis-fire Cylinder #2...now #2 and #3

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
NGK or Brisk seems to be where it's at. With Brisk, I initially had some bad luck, due to being two ranges colder, but with my one range colder plugs now, I've been very happy with them. I've said it long before (so a search will show), but the Densos seem to wear twice as fast and anything else. After about 8k miles or so, the wear is very noticeable compared to a NGK plug. With that, I'd be apprehensive about using them for anything over 10k miles (which I normally don't anyways but the fact still remains).

I know everyone has different experiences, but after two sets of Densos, I'm done with them. As of right now, Brisk will be what I use in the future.
Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
NGK or Brisk seems to be where it's at. With Brisk, I initially had some bad luck, due to being two ranges colder, but with my one range colder plugs now, I've been very happy with them. I've said it long before (so a search will show), but the Densos seem to wear twice as fast and anything else. After about 8k miles or so, the wear is very noticeable compared to a NGK plug. With that, I'd be apprehensive about using them for anything over 10k miles (which I normally don't anyways but the fact still remains).

I know everyone has different experiences, but after two sets of Densos, I'm done with them. As of right now, Brisk will be what I use in the future.
Are you running the Brisk 14's and at what gap?
Brisk Plug Reference.png

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Are you running the Brisk 14's and at what gap?
I have 14s on a stock turbo 91 tune and love them.... Might step to 12s once I get a race tune and fuel into it. But ill see if the 14s work fine too

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Now now.... I know this forum likes to run with anything in particular and I'd like to just say that there was probably just a bad batch that happened to get out. Many others have not had any issues with densos in the past so let's just take that into consideration before we try to act like one plug is better than the other, once tightened up there was no problem with my set.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Now now.... I know this forum likes to run with anything in particular and I'd like to just say that there was probably just a bad batch that happened to get out. Many others have not had any issues with densos in the past so let's just take that into consideration before we try to act like one plug is better than the other, once tightened up there was no problem with my set.
If you message most the vendors on here they will all tell you Densos suck outside of maybe one vendor lol

Sponsored

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Pulled my denso's, they looked good and I put them back in but for some reason idle is a little rough. I know the whole quarter turn thing but just for the hell of it does any one have the correct amount to torque them down at? I'd like to try it when the engine is cold and see if it makes any difference. My AFR is 14.1-14.3 at idle

evan546

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
This exact thing happened to me where the insulator fell over the tip and lets just say i now have another car.... it took a while to do damage but its there.

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
Pulled my denso's, they looked good and I put them back in but for some reason idle is a little rough. I know the whole quarter turn thing but just for the hell of it does any one have the correct amount to torque them down at? I'd like to try it when the engine is cold and see if it makes any difference. My AFR is 14.1-14.3 at idle
I torque mine to like 13ftlbs. The official torque specs are like 12-15 or something around there. It's hard to find that spec sheet. I'll try to look for it a little later. But I can say that the majority of people over tighten spark plugs not knowing they don't require allot of torque, on my first car I definitely did lol:headbonk:

Sponsored

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
I haven't had any issues with Denso's they had less ignition corrections then NGK. I actually pulled mine last weekend and they were still in pretty decent shape. NGK started off pretty good, but after about 3k on them they had more negative corrections. The Denso's are solid for me and I'm in Texas. I'll probably replace my plugs because they are so easy to do once a year.

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
This exact thing happened to me where the insulator fell over the tip and lets just say i now have another car.... it took a while to do damage but its there.
Just to keep the record straight, I remember reading evan's thread where he was having misfires and said that the porcelain insulator broke and slipped down over the electrode. He said he was running NGK 6510's gapped at .028. I have run Denso plugs in all of my cars for the past 40 years, and even 2-stroke waverunners, and have rarely had a problem with any of them. I routinely run them for over 50k miles before changing them without any noticeable decrease in power or consistency. I have been running ITV22's for the last 15k miles in my EBM and the car runs as good now as when I first put them in.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I wouldn't blame all my problems on a particular brand of plug. Like most failures in life it's usually a combination of errors, then boom. Update; after the last mis fire P0303 a few days ago, I removed and reinstalled #3 plug and checked all connections. 3 days and about 200 miles no CEL!

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
Nice! If nothing was missing from the plug, just shifted around, looks like you avoided any serious engine damage too. Nice catch! If you haven't already, it's probably a good idea to remove and inspect the other plugs for sign of any problems, and check the gap as well.

Last edited:

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I had this same problem and its was none of the problems stated above. It ended up being the caps that screw into the top of the plug had a little play in them causing a lot of misfires. I was trying everything to fix the problem and Adam recomended that I check the tips to see if they were loose. It seemed normal because they had play but weren't like falling off. I tightened all 4 and all missing went away.
Yup the Denso's I just got from Adam to replace my Brisk I had to tighten all the caps, not a big deal but many people will not think about that with new plugs.

It happens on many plugs sometimes, threaded but not super tight.
Sponsored