Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
Thanks Machsmith.
I wouldn't say that he's that much of a Mustang enthusiast as this would be his first....but then again, my Track Pack was my first Stang. He just feels that over $10K ADM, a slightly used Gen V Viper is a better performance car. He's done well buying performance cars and once he sells, he hasn't lost much investment and in most cases has come ahead. His last Viper he sold he made $3k over what he had into it. We think the R market should be strong for quite some time. So that appeals to him as well. I would have him just get a Track Pack car or a '17, but he's got the means to buy an R even at over $10K ADM. Patience is key which I know and it is how I found my Track Pack car last April for MSRP.
Has he looked into the corvette grand sport? With the Z07 package can be had for around 80k.it'll beat a gt350r around track and the viper as well, and in my opinion is probably the BEST performing car at that price point hands down, without being a waste of power, just a suggestion, the 350/350r is awesome and my track pack is my baby, but the Grand Sport in my eyes is a better car for the money, and can be driven daily
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Has he looked into the corvette grand sport? With the Z07 package can be had for around 80k.it'll beat a gt350r around track and the viper as well, and in my opinion is probably the BEST performing car at that price point hands down, without being a waste of power, just a suggestion, the 350/350r is awesome and my track pack is my baby, but the Grand Sport in my eyes is a better car for the money, and can be driven daily
The GS looks great in pictures and on paper. I'm interested to see them in the wild!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The GS looks great in pictures and on paper. I'm interested to see them in the wild!
Hey, you rotated your avatar. Looks better!

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
Yea it's a pretty car....I don't like the stingray and I think the Z06 is overpowered, but the GS is just perfect, but I would of been cool if they put the ls7...because racecar

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I like the c7/z06 OK....but that rear end turns me off something fierce. I would consider one with a refresh for 80k max. Its just not something i desire like i do this mustang. The mock ups of the zr1/zora mid engine.... i'll most likely get that when it rears its head in '21 ;) IF it does.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Currently $10k ADM is a dream. It seems the hype has grown a little more lately with 2016 production done and 2017 not yet delivered at least for non VIP customers which they can't sell theirs because they have an agreement with Ford for 36 months if i'm not wrong. Dealerships/private sellers are now asking a lot compared to 2 months ago. Members who managed to order one at $10k ADM are not even guaranteed to have it at that price once the car is delivered. A perfect example is @Grunholle 's thread.
So if you do find one at $10k make sure you have it in writing as a contingency in your deal. Otherwise as others mentioned be patient and wait for the tide to go down in a year or so. GL
Actually there have been numerous 2017 R models that have already been delivered to regular customers within the last month or so.

My R model arrived at my dealership over 3 weeks ago and I will finally be in a position to take delivery of my R model next Tuesday and can't wait.

The VIN on my car ends in "H5520147" and it just happened that my daughter walked into a Ford dealership this afternoon and sent me a picture of the WS and that VIN was "H5520146". What are the chances of that happening and it certainly helps to have the whole family intrigued and excited over these R models!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Both cars are Ruby Red with a Black roof expect mine is a base 920A car whereas the other car sitting in the dealeship showroom has he Electronics Package.

I will be curious to see if his chassis number is 1 chassis number less than my car based on the VIN sequence as typically they do not correlate that way. In any event it will be interesting to see how early of a chassis number this dealership has?

As far as VIP allocations for the 2017 MY you can count on the number of VIP allocations for 2017 to be very small compared to the 2016 MY.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

lostwon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z51 7 Speed
Quite a lot of 2017s out there already.

2017 350R Oxford White with Blue stripes and Electronics Pak, VIN 520575, built 05/27/16, is sitting at a dealer in L.A. for sale. MSRP $67,845. They're asking $50K over. It's on the Ford website, as well as dealer's site.

I'd be all over it, but I didn't hit the Powerball tonight. :(

OP
OP
Kurac

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
My bro despises the rear end looks of the C7, widebody versions not withstanding. I personally like them and a stripper Z06 in the low $70K range is extremely hard to pass up. But he feels the rear end won't stand the passage of time. So C7 out. He's more about instant gratification and most likely won't have the persistence it takes to find a good deal. We'll see.

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
Actually there have been numerous 2017 R models that have already been delivered to regular customers within the last month or so.
But not all...closing in on 4 months since order date here, no word on anything yet. Then again, it's nothing compared to some of the guys who ordered '16s...

It sure would be nice to know if an allocation is scheduled for build next week or in 6 months, not sure why that information doesn't seem to be available. The guy who had the R allocation at the dealer I ordered the '17 didn't get his until the end of May...

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Quite a lot of 2017s out there already.

2017 350R Oxford White with Blue stripes and Electronics Pak, VIN 520575, built 05/27/16, is sitting at a dealer in L.A. for sale. MSRP $67,845. They're asking $50K over. It's on the Ford website, as well as dealer's site.

I'd be all over it, but I didn't hit the Powerball tonight. :(
This is something that i dont understand, regarding how ford allocates these things. If i was running the show i would be sending cars to sold orders rather than dealer showrooms.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is something that i dont understand, regarding how ford allocates these things. If i was running the show i would be sending cars to sold orders rather than dealer showrooms.
I agree. I'm in that exact situation. I sent a message to Deysha at ford. Maybe she can shed some light on this big mystery. As for the thread topic, I made a few token calls yesterday. Not only did I not find one available, but the number, when asked how much ADM, that was 20k over for the ones they had ordered.

So not an impossibility to find a sub 20k R, just not very likely. They know what they have and these people are very good at extracting the most that they can especially when there is a huge demand.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I know you're referring to the final buyers, but Ford is sending cars to its customers, based on sold orders. Don't forget that Ford's real customers are the dealers. Once the dealers receive and pay for the cars, Ford has no control over what the dealers do with them.

As far as the allocation process and even the order of builds is concerned, Ford has a specific set of criteria that each dealer must meet - although it makes absolutely no sense to me that dealer size and population base doesn't seem to be of much importance. My dealer is in the Top 100 out of more than 3,000 Ford dealers, but only was allocated two '16s and probably two '17s. :shrug:
Sponsored