Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

STGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I removed the resonators...the difference in sound is noticed on initial start up and in sport mode. My neighbors are very close...the start up bark doesn't bother any of them. I wouldn't be too concerned.
Sponsored

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
Had the muffler shop cut out the resonators and put in 2.5" x .0625" stainless steel tubing. Saved nearly 6 pounds of dead weight. In "Sport Mode" it sounds mean & nasty. Deep tones at lower rpm - raspy above 3.5K. In "Normal Mode" it's just like having the resonators in.
In overdrive, there's no droning at All.

Paid $100 to R/R. $45 for 2.5 o/d x .0625 wall x 4' length of CRSS tubing. I called 3 shops and none had it.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Got mine taken out a few days ago and it's so much better in every way. Put it in Normal mode and it sounds exactly like before. Put it in Sport and it just sounds so raw. Even just putt-putting around town sounds great with all the little pops and burbles once you let off the gas and slow down. Then there's the cold-start...oh my god. I reverse my car in the garage and when I start it up in the morning, then put it in Sport mode, the sound is just plain amazing. Luckily my neighbors are car people and love the sound too but I can easily see it pissing off some neighbors in quieter neighborhoods. Everyone on my street loves it though.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I will wait to see what the new Borla/Ford Perfomance muffler brings to the table before I start permanently changing things.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I will wait to see what the new Borla/Ford Perfomance muffler brings to the table before I start permanently changing things.
I think the mf with carbon tips is winning my heart so far. Although if unobtanium or akrapovic make something I may have a change of heart.

Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
I'm sure I'm leaving it the way it came from the Ford Factory. In My opinion they all sound great. Thanks :ford: :cheers: :thumbsup: John

My 350 Exhaust sounds way much better then my 2015 GT mustang when it came from the Ford factory, you had to ask your self if the GT was running. I did put Ford racing's X pipe on that Car!

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I think the mf with carbon tips is winning my heart so far. Although if unobtanium or akrapovic make something I may have a change of heart.
I would love to just have the carbon tips :hail:... Too bad MF hasn't made just a muffler. 1800-2100 for an exhaust system is just too damn much.

SilverTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra Vert
Yes

Yes, its a bit louder since the valves open up for a split second during a cold start.
Thanks for this detail. Appreciate it. So basically the valves open up whether you are resonated or not, it's just that when non-resonated the valves opening up creates a much louder / more raw bark? If you have it in Normal mode would it then go back to the quieter (i.e. same exact sound as stock resonated) noise level during cold start? So it's really just the first 2 secs on cold start that is different?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks for this detail. Appreciate it. So basically the valves open up whether you are resonated or not, it's just that when non-resonated the valves opening up creates a much louder / more raw bark? If you have it in Normal mode would it then go back to the quieter (i.e. same exact sound as stock resonated) noise level during cold start? So it's really just the first 2 secs on cold start that is different?
More or less yes. Its louder for sure, although "much louder" would be subjective.

Id say its probably not exactly the same as stock in normal mode, but its hardly noticeable. Would have needed a dB meter to know for sure.

Sponsored

Swartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Magnetic, Black Roof, Black OTS, Tech.
It's actually 2-3/4". It's a "nominal" 3" exhaust.....like a 2" x 4" is only 1.5" wide.......
Is that 2.75 OD? I am going to order up some pipe and want to get the right stuff. Thanks!

cloud9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Is that 2.75 OD? I am going to order up some pipe and want to get the right stuff. Thanks!
That's just what the shop owner said when I asked him. I would rather have someone on here that's actually sourced it or measured chime in and confirm that.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Was pretty sure I was going to delete the resonators but then I heard a GT350 accelerating from the outside for the very first time. Dam it's loud. Rethinking now.

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
Was pretty sure I was going to delete the resonators but then I heard a GT350 accelerating from the outside for the very first time. Dam it's loud. Rethinking now.
Why worry ? You'll be sitting inside your car.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Found another clip I took after the resonator delete. Couldn't go any faster due to traffic.:shrug:
[ame]
Sponsored