Sponsored

FP short throw shifter

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I looked at the FRPP unit when I bought my car - it's no better than stock, absolute garbage...MGW is the ONLY option - you never know how good it can be until you actually drive a car equipped with one. Stock shifter is garbage, FRPP is no better, like somebody else said earlier, you never see a hurst shifter in these cars...MGW is a quality piece built by fantastic people, I could go on and on, I really, really, really enjoy their products.
Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Since the '18 now uses the twin disc clutch and dual mass flywheel, maybe the isolation was added for these?

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Since the '18 now uses the twin disc clutch and dual mass flywheel, maybe the isolation was added for these?
Pretty sure the 15/16 and 17s use the same dual mass flywheel and twin disc clutches as well.

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure the 15/16 and 17s use the same dual mass flywheel and twin disc clutches as well.
Are you talking about the GT350? If so, then yes I agree. I was referring to the GT, which, I believe has a revised trans, flywheel and clutch design for '18.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Are you talking about the GT350? If so, then yes I agree. I was referring to the GT, which, I believe has a revised trans, flywheel and clutch design for '18.
OK did not realize you were talking about the GT.

Sponsored

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suppose I wasn't clear, I was referring to [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] pictures showing the weight/isolators added to the '18 trans.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Those cap screws (and washers) securing the trans mount are not factory (as I recall) - what gives?
When I replaced my factory two-piece steel driveshaft with a QA1 CF shaft I optimized the driveline angles. I rotated the rear differential housing slightly and lowered the rear of the transmission roughly 1/8". I tried various combinations in order to get the best numbers possible and as such I procured longer transmission crossmember-to-body bolts (in this case, socket headed capscrews). The factory bolts are very short and I needed longer ones to allow testing various thickness shims/washers. I believe I showed much of this in the driveshaft writeup I did here.

Good eye regardless.

I haven't followed the GT enough to be versed on what the 2018 clutch is comprised of and how it may or may not differ from previous year models. It is certainly interesting that the dampers are used at the same time the engine in that car got a bump in power.
Sponsored