Sponsored

What is considered a touchless car wash?

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Per the title, is that defined as only one of those car washes that shoot streams of water and nothing actually touches the car? No brushes or those long flappy things (great description lol).

I bought $50 worth of carwash stuff online. Did it myself last time but honestly don't look forward to doing it again. I just don't have the time to spend on weekends doing that shit nor do I want to. I know car washes aren't good for the finish supposedly but I'm done in like 10 min. Can vacuum it out there myself (free vacs) and wipe off the wheels and on my way. ($15/mo for unlimited washes) And my car looks great... to me. I've only used car washes for my '14 Jetta since new and it looks great.....to me.

I guess if my paint gets damaged I can always drive around a Primered GT. Would still look cool.
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
A car wash that doesn't touch your car with anything but what the nozzles spray.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
A car wash that doesn't touch your car with anything but what the nozzles spray.
Cool what I thought. Thanks. I have one right down the street like that. It doesn't do a very good job.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
They are good for keeping it from looking like you go mudding, and also keeping the road salt off in my area.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I just don't see the issue with a regular car wash, I pay like $25 a month for all the washes I want...just get a Silver or White car and no problem. Been running my truck through that thing for years....Probably do the same when I get my mustang later this spring...shit saw a guy in GT3 in front of me in the wash the other day...

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
A regular car wash will scratch your paint no matter the color. Just tougher to see on light colors if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Not surprised about the GT3. Been to enough exotic car shows to know that often times people with money care even less about their possessions.

OP
OP
Nomadic

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A regular car wash will scratch your paint no matter the color. Just tougher to see on light colors if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Not surprised about the GT3. Been to enough exotic car shows to know that often times people with money care even less about their possessions.
I guess I don’t notice them on my white Jetta that’s only seen car washes for 4yrs, then it doesn’t matter.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Cool what I thought. Thanks. I have one right down the street like that. It doesn't do a very good job.
With a touchless, you are going to have to go more frequently to see the results. If you get a good prep-detail, combined with a frequent touchless wash, a lot of the dirt and all that won't stick nearly as much.

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I use collinite 845 every 4-6 months and maintain with mckees hydroblue. Although one is a wax and one is SIo2, I find that a power wash gets pretty much all of the dirt off of the car...no need to use a mitt...just soapy water and a power wash. Then blow dry and your done.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I'm with you, as much as I love my car, I hate washing it. I don't find it enjoyable at all.

I have a membership at a brushless hand-wash place near me that I go to all the time and they do a great job.

I would stay away from any of the automatic washes with brushes, etc. Not only are most of them nylon and will scratch but they are covered in the dirt and filth of all the cars before you and are rarely cleaned. Stick with the touchless and get it detailed/waxed every few months and you'll be good. :thumbsup:

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
I have a hard time trusting any place washing my car, even by hand. Touchless washes do a crap job unless the car isnt very dirty to begin with. But places that do hand washes might not use the cleanest rags at all times, or pay attention since they wash so many cars. It only takes one time of negligence for your car to be totally scratched up. At least if you do it yourself, you know where all the rags have been. It only takes me like an hour to do a basic wash that includes tire shine, and wheel cleaning. If only I had a pressure washer/foam cannon, it would be so much faster
Sponsored