TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
so its just a one part install?
Yes.

There will be a prompt about midway that you just ignore (says something about restarting).
SYNC will restart and after a few minutes the "updating system software" message will come back up.

When it is finished it will tell you to remove the USB drive.

in short:
Put the USB drive in and wait until it explicitly tells you to remove it.

P.S. If you've installed an unofficially released 3.0, you'll have to go back to v2.2 (as it's the only one that doesn't verify version first) or strip out some of the tarballs that do version checking.
Sponsored

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I updated to a 2.2 build that I got from here a while back. Several weeks ago I saw the 2.3 update on the owner site, but never got around to downloading it. Then 2 days ago I thought I'd do a scan from the car after I got home and shut the car off, but before I opened the door. It says there is an update and a downloading progress bar starts. I got out of the car when it was just starting, and the screen goes dark. Then the next morning is a message that a new version has been installed.

It took quite a while but boy was that install process easy and hassle free. Might wait for official releases from now on.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How I went from 17194 to 18025 WITH NAVIGATION

I am doing this on a Mac, so here are a few hints that will help you along:
-Do NOT have your ZIP files open after downloading, in Safari- Safari>Preferences>General Tab>Open "safe" files after downloading (you do NOT want that box checked)

-Format your Memory Stick BEFORE you load files: Disk Utility>Select your External Drive>Click Erase (at top)>Select ExFAT

I had to find 2.2 NAV VERSION and "downgrade" my system, I was able to find it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bkfl9fc07ymc5z/SYNC3%20NAV%20V1%20TO%20V22.zip?dl=0

***I am told this is the NON-NAV Version of 2.2 but I did NOT download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YcDQzAaaVbvAnCH-PkzeGA2rsAXNBmfD/view ***

When you open this ZIP file you want to load autoinstall.lst and SyncMyRide Folder (this has sub files). The ZIP file has a "read me" file so take a look at that.

Plug USB into car and across the top of the screen it read "Updating System Software..." Let it do it's thing until it prompts you to remove the USB
After install I had to shut the car down for a little, I even locked the door to get the system to shut down.

Started up and checked, it was 2.2

When that was completed I formatted the USB again and loaded the Official Ford Update per the instructions on the Ford site.

A few things I noticed:
-It will tell you the install is complete....wait....its NOT done....the screen will cycle off but your music will keep playing..."Updating System Software..." will be displayed again.
-You will get a prompt to remove USB that is when its really done
-I had to cycle the car off to get the system to show an update from 2.2
-When I first started up in 3.0 my 911 was lost, the car played that message over the speakers.
-I now had a setting for seats, and the driver seat had a selection for "massage" nothing worked when I attempted to use this feature. Phone was inside so I didn't get a photo. Maybe someone else can?
-Each tab alone the bottom was its own color, radio was RED, Climate was BLUE, Settings was Purple....strange
-Also in this initial start up my navigation was lost, didn't even have the tab at the bottom
-Cycle off....Ford logo appeared and not the Mustang Logo
-Cycle on (2nd time) Mustang logo appeared and lost the seat massage option (didn't work anyway) and gained navigation back, 911 still missing.

I fooled with it a little more but things seem to be okay besides losing my 911

Hope this helps.
I think guys are overthinking this whole "2 Part" install. Here is what happens.

-Plug in USB, screen reads "updating system software..." across the top
-Screen goes black
-Screen comes back on, looks normal...ITS NOT FINISHED...Just chill
-again screen reads "updating system software..." across the top
-pop up window appears and reads "System updated blah blah blah remove USB" it's not really done yet
-Cycle car off.
-wait a few min
-Cycle car on, prob see some strange options, lose navigation, whatever, just chill
-Cycle off
-Wait a few min
-Cycle on again, should be working.

Really if you can't figure it out after reading my previous post and this one you deserve to go sit and wait at Ford while they charge you for an update.
Sooooo,

With the help from this thread and a few awesome members here. I was successful at updating to the official 18025. Here is my mini contribution for those with a similar setup:

INFO* I have 2017 GT Base model with a SYNC 3 Nav swap (had the dinky 4" screen initially - I think its call a Sync) I had the unofficial / gray market 18025 when I started this.

Downloaded 2.2 and loaded it up onto a 32GB USB to downgrade the version. Turn ignition on and plugged it into the USB port in the armrest location. My USB have a red led light indicator, so I know with was working. Saw the updating software above screen and waited. Got the message that it was complete.

39154105380_9e6434ea0e.jpg

Turned ignition off. Waited a minute, turn ignition back on and got 2.2. Then I turned the ignition off again.

40254296344_690011817a.jpg

Downloaded 3.0.18025 Official and loaded that up to the 32GB USB. Turn ignition on and plugged it into the USB port in the armrest location. Saw the updating software above screen and waited. Updating message disappear and never got a message saying it was done - I may have missed it. Turned ignition off, waited a minute and turn on again. Unplugged the USB and replugged and after afew minutes the updateing message appeared again. Waited and finally got the install complete message (you can see the time it took to get here for me):

40070007145_a37fd7675e.jpg

Turned ignition off, waited a minute and turn on again. Started to panic (even tho you are not suppose to) because NAV is gone, 911 assist not working, and got different colors:

40070008145_610f92d4f2.jpg
27092459438_1f02690860.jpg
40921624972_ce65a3ebb0.jpg
27092459528_45c4e6418a.jpg
40254296854_70fc848e84.jpg
26091529017_896ac24eaf.jpg
40254341374_d96c85cf29.jpg
27092457928_589af13cf5.jpg

Turned ignition off, waited a minute and turn on again. Everything back to normal!

40070008635_22dbafbdbd.jpg

Checked if Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is good. Both works and one thing I notice that I am not sure if this is new or not, but Android Auto no lets you be on your phone while in Android Auto mode? I was not able to do this before and just notice it that I can now swipe the screen :shrug:

40070008845_1c76290b81.jpg

40254297204_7f23d43e9e.jpg

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Convertible GT & 2017 Edge Titanium
Thanks for all those photos ... cause I am jealous. I get those colors on my 2017 Edge but not my 2016 Mustang. Matter of fact, my Edge started with those colors (it came with v2.2).

Guess I am going to go back to 2.2 and up to official 3.0.18025

Both my cars started with Full Sync 3 Nav.

GTMesteno_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Is anyone else getting this pop-up at start-up?
Update installed without any issues, but it didn’t do this before the update. Turning off WiFi doesn’t help either.
3AE44045-6E1D-44B7-917A-88F3D89E094D.jpeg

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Hey guys, really confused and frustrated. 2018, came with 3.0 build 17276. I followed all instructions, plugged in drive and after 3 minutes, it’s says I am already up to date, removed flash drive, rebooted, and still on 17276. Called Ford, and they said I am latest version, which I know I am not. Any suggestions would be appreciated - already tried another drive, reformatted, redownloaded.
I got the same result.

Someone here commented that this latest update has the same core version as we started with but with some updated ancillary files. So it sounds like the update process declares things up to date based on the core files even though the Owner site is flagging it as an update because the packaged version has changed.

Lame, Ford. :tsk:

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone else getting this pop-up at start-up?
Update installed without any issues, but it didn’t do this before the update. Turning off WiFi doesn’t help either.
connect cell hotspot it helps, then force check updates to shut it up

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
this change happened this afternoon
I told you...Do you listen? NOOOoooOOOoooOO! :D

If thats the case, they can forget, Between google maps, waze (which are FREE) and sygic, they can shove it.

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all those photos ... cause I am jealous. I get those colors on my 2017 Edge but not my 2016 Mustang. Matter of fact, my Edge started with those colors (it came with v2.2).

Guess I am going to go back to 2.2 and up to official 3.0.18025

Both my cars started with Full Sync 3 Nav.
Well, cycled my version down to v2.3 and back up to official "Sync My Ride" v3 download and no new button colors. Bummer.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Downloaded 3.0.18025 Official and loaded that up to the 32GB USB. Turn ignition on and plugged it into the USB port in the armrest location. Saw the updating software above screen and waited. Updating message disappear and never got a message saying it was done - I may have missed it. Turned ignition off, waited a minute and turn on again. Unplugged the USB and replugged and after afew minutes the updateing message appeared again. Waited and finally got the install complete message (you can see the time it took to get here for me):
This is the part people keep doing!!! DON'T!!!

I don't know how else to say that.

Sponsored

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
ill be trying this weekend from 3.0 17276 i believe to the new 3.0 official release

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
should say 18025

1. Finally, the artists' album covers covers will be displayed from the mp3 file tag. Moreover, if there is no picture in the file, the cover cover will be pulled from the GraceNotes database.
2. Now you can rewind the song by moving the slider (free rewind, for mp3 files)
3. In the menu icons have been changed and in some places the font (player, messages, etc.) is increased
4. Improved the algorithm of interaction with AndroidAuto.
5. Changed the sound settings (frequency characteristics, subjectively for the better).
6. There was a search for applications on the USB device.
7. Improved the mode of darkening and smooth animation. In subsequent builds, as a rule, optimize the work of AndroidAuto and CarPlay, as well as fix minor bugs and shortcomings (which we even can not find with a magnifying glass).
This is what [MENTION=19817]HizliBullet[/MENTION] says ... where he found this information I do not know.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
This is what [MENTION=19817]HizliBullet[/MENTION] says ... where he found this information I do not know.
:thumbsup:
Sponsored