Sponsored

MT82 to 6R80 Swap

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Did everyone use the oem steering wheel with the shift paddles or did you leave the oem manual wheel?
Battery harness is optional correct?
Plan on leaving stock instrument cluster from my PP, tuner can turn on oil pressure gauge correct?
PCM, a lot of different options and pricing on Fords parts counter. All have same part number with different ending letters. Does anyone know the differences in them?
Asking questions before I start this project. Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Did everyone use the oem steering wheel with the shift paddles or did you leave the oem manual wheel?
Battery harness is optional correct?
Plan on leaving stock instrument cluster from my PP, tuner can turn on oil pressure gauge correct?
PCM, a lot of different options and pricing on Fords parts counter. All have same part number with different ending letters. Does anyone know the differences in them?
Asking questions before I start this project. Thanks
I bought an auto wheel off ebay for 100 bucks. I am sure manual one would work if you don't care about using paddles. The paddles may bolt to manual wheel as well.
I kept my stock cluster and programed it using FORSCAN. The only thing it is missing is gear indicators but you have them on the shifer anyway. the indicators for the paddle shifters show up on the manual cluster. Just order the PCM I used on my parts list because you know that will work. The tuner can turn on the PP oil pressure gauge but you have to make sure to use the wiring harness from a 50th anniversary car. Battery harness is optional.

VADEi2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
We did the swap on mine but have an ABS light and airbag light. my driving modes don't work and not seeing my linelock available. I believe he used a auto vin that was not similar to my PP pack premium car. Any suggestions?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Did he flash the abs module,if not none of those things will work.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
And he flashed it to the as built data for the auto car data he was using.Who ever is tuning the car should be able to make the oil pressure gauge work,but u have to tell them u did an auto swap and are using some of the autos as built data.

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
Flashed everything with an IDS and I'm getting a P163E for transmission controller programming error. Code commands full line pressure and only 1st and 3rd gear. Lund took the code out and while it shifts now it still has full line pressure. Anyone have any insight?

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
What modules did you flash? I flashed PCM with IDS then used forscan to change as built data in abs, bcm and other modules. Do you have the ability to pull the as built in your BCM and ABS module?

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
We flashed all modules, PCM, BCM, BCME, ABS etc to a VIN number that I picked up off autotrader that had all the same options my car has. I haven't used the forscan to change any as built data.

RYAN97812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
We have a forscan and plan on checking the as built data on sunday to confirm it matches to what the vin number lists as built on motorcraftservice.com

Sponsored

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yall guys that was swapped to the 6r80. Have you been able to activate the remote start by buying a remote start key and enabling it? Didn't know if there were other parts I would need for it to work.

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
UPDATED PART #'S AND PRICING.

CONTACT FORD TO OBTAIN ECM PART NUMBER. HAVE LAST 8 DIGITS OF YOUR VEHCILE'S VIN READY.
Last 8 digits of the manual car Vin or an auto car Vin that you got off the internet?

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Last 8 digits of the manual car Vin or an auto car Vin that you got off the internet?
Sorry.. I meant the wiring harness. I bought everything through https://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/ just like KCC did. I got into contact with Mike R, he's the mustang guy there. He looked up my vehicle wiring harness and found the one for the car, but in automatic. :cheers:

bambamcjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
I called Ford to get the correct wiring harness part number for my swap and they told me it needs to be specific to every option I have and build date specific down to the month/day. They mentioned Ford running some harnesses month to month at different points in the production process. Can anyone confirm how specific I need to be with my options when looking for a car with a VIN to reference the harness from? As in should I be trying to match up my seat options (ac/heated) blind spot, radio, speakers and all that or should it not matter to that depth?