Sponsored

★ Quiet Down Your Interior in Seconds! - Blockit Pre Cut Sound Deadener - GROUP BUY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Anyone put a rubber trunk mat over the sound mat? If so how does it fit?
I'm not sure, but I think a flat mat would be fine on top of the blockit. Im glad others jumped in and are giving feed back.

I already have this mat. Wonder if it will fit with sound mat.
I would have though this molded mat would still fit right on top of the Blockit with no problem but as 5.0 & Rum Punch stated, slits/notches (which would not really be seen) would have to be done.

Got some drive time today in the car. The exhaust has a different deeper muted tone with the mat installed and there is definitely less road noise transmitted through the trunk. The joints in the road have an audible dull thud sound and is more quiet than before. I currently have it installed on top of my weather tech mat in the trunk, it still fits really well. Part of the tire noise I am sure is because of the summer tires driving around in the upper 30's ambient temperature.
Great to hear that you noticed it helped with tire/road noise. :thumbsup:
We have also heard from a few people that it helped make their exhaust sound a little beefier from inside.
It takes the annoying edge off but you still hear the sweet note roar though when you get on it.
Those road lines or joints in certain states can drive you mad. Glad it helped tone them down. :cheers:

Weather tech is a good protection mat. I wonder how the Blockit would do it you put the Weather tech over it...

Thank you for your purchase and yur feed back bud! :cheers:

with that being said and having driven with it a bit now I can definitely tell a difference in road noise with the tko mat installed
Awesome bud. Thank you for the purchase. Thank you for posting!:cheers:

Received my mat today and it’s got some heft to it. I have it laying on my office floor flattening out. I spent some time on the phone with Ed last week discussing the TKO mats, cars and the aftermarket parts/service industry in general. Ed has been around and knows his stuff and I enjoyed talking with him. My Vette would have benefited from this mat as well. I’ll report back after I get the mat in the car. Thanks again Ed, much appreciated.
Great conversation. The pleasure was mine. Sometimes the heat from being in the trunk will help speed up getting rid of the wrinkles.
Let me/us know what you think once installed. Again, I appreciate your business. Nice speaking with you..

Thanks everyone!!
Ed :cheers:
Sponsored

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Weather tech is a good protection mat. I wonder how the Blockit would do it you put the Weather tech over it...
I plan on putting it over the Blockit mat it was just taking up room in the house being un-rolled so I went and quickly stuck it in the trunk after it sat out for a few hours.

I noticed also I think the Weather Tech liner would probably interfere with the lower trunk net mounts which is one reason I just stuck the Blockit mat on top of the Weather Tech mat for the time being.

Drove the car to work this morning and the exhaust note does have a deeper more refined tone now.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
I plan on putting it over the Blockit mat it was just taking up room in the house being un-rolled so I went and quickly stuck it in the trunk after it sat out for a few hours.

I noticed also I think the Weather Tech liner would probably interfere with the lower trunk net mounts which is one reason I just stuck the Blockit mat on top of the Weather Tech mat for the time being.
:thumbsup:

Drove the car to work this morning and the exhaust note does have a deeper more refined tone now.:thumbsup:
Cool. :thumbsup: ... I think we might have to add this to our advertising :lol:

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I think ANY mat you put over the TKO will be fine...you will just have to notch it where the screw knobs are.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Hey guys

I'm wondering how the mat did against anyone with drone issues.
We mentioned that Drone was a tough tough frequency and it might not do much for that.
However we added more barrier, and the more i think about it, the Blockit might help. I'm curious about that.

I'm also curious about suspension noise. So many people called & emailed about if the mat would help with ugly suspension clunking, clicking...etc.
usually caused by aftermarket suspension. My first thought was.. probably not. But , ya never know :D

So if anyone has any feed back, I would love to hear it.
Until then, GET OUT THERE AND DRIVE! We have crap cold, snowy weather here, so I'm grounded. I'm living through you guys these days... lol

Ed

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I believe it lessened the suspension noise a little bit for sure....I still hear it, and my differential clunking too, but the harshness of the sounds is definitely lessened. For the exhaust, it lessened the "boominess" at low rpm's, still there, but less. The "good" exhaust notes come through nicely still :thumbsup:

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys

I'm wondering how the mat did against anyone with drone issues.
We mentioned that Drone was a tough tough frequency and it might not do much for that.
However we added more barrier, and the more i think about it, the Blockit might help. I'm curious about that.

I'm also curious about suspension noise. So many people called & emailed about if the mat would help with ugly suspension clunking, clicking...etc.
usually caused by aftermarket suspension. My first thought was.. probably not. But , ya never know :D

So if anyone has any feed back, I would love to hear it.
Until then, GET OUT THERE AND DRIVE! We have crap cold, snowy weather here, so I'm grounded. I'm living through you guys these days... lol

Ed
So I can't speak to exhaust drone because I didn't have any and I haven't heard a difference in exhaust note.

Suspension noise was definitely muffled (thank goodness). Only time I hear it is when my window is down. To clarify, these were squeaks and clunking that isn't loud but noticeable.

Road noise hasn't changed significantly. In my neighborhood, the city put some bump strips on the road. I drove over them with and without the mat and really didn't hear a change. Same roads to work sound about the same, no real significant change. My take on this is that most of what I'm hearing isn't coming from the back of the car.

There is one more test that I'm doing tomorrow. It is a section of highway that has a really rough surface that increases cabin noise for about a mile or so. We'll see if it changes over that surface or not.

Edit: So this did nothing for the rough surface either. So it seems it is good at getting rid of suspension noises but does little for road noise. Not a knock on the product, just think the noise is coming from somewhere else where this product isn't effective.

Last edited:

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver
Still haven’t driven the car yet after the mat went in. The Carolinas got hit pretty hard with the latest winter storm. It’s supposed to warm up into the 50-60’s this weekend. Right now it’s 21 with snow pack and black ice on the roads so the car will stay in the garage.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Ok, so after all the road closures and evacuations from the Thomas fire and the Montecito mudslides, it has been a horrible few weeks around here. I was finally able to try out the mat for noise control. I think that it does reduce the tire roar enough to make a difference. I believe that the stock exhaust sound is just a bit deeper and actually sounds good. I did have to readjust the subwoofer setting because the mat took out some base response. All in all i am happy with the product. :thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Still haven’t driven the car yet after the mat went in. The Carolinas got hit pretty hard with the latest winter storm. It’s supposed to warm up into the 50-60’s this weekend. Right now it’s 21 with snow pack and black ice on the roads so the car will stay in the garage.
I hear ya. It warmed up for a second here but rained. Now its cold again.

Soon.....soon. :cheers:

Ok, so after all the road closures and evacuations from the Thomas fire and the Montecito mudslides, it has been a horrible few weeks around here.
whoa :eek:

I was finally able to try out the mat for noise control. I think that it does reduce the tire roar enough to make a difference. I believe that the stock exhaust sound is just a bit deeper and actually sounds good. I did have to readjust the subwoofer setting because the mat took out some base response. All in all i am happy with the product. :thumbsup:
Awesome to hear.
We have had a few people mention that the Blockit made their exhaust deeper, a little more beffy and they liked it.

Wow it sucked the bass out of your subwoofer :thumbsup:

Enjoy cruising. Avoid those mudslides! Thank you again for your purchase. :cheers: Ed

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I wonder if a small block of this would be good in the center console to keep the heat down?

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
I wonder if a small block of this would be good in the center console to keep the heat down?
The Blockit does help with heat. People like the fact that it will help keep their cargo or trunk area cooler from the exhaust underneath.

However it is 1" thick. So it would eat up a lot of room in a console. But I believe there are other thinner heat absorbing materials on the market.

I'd love your business but I'd rather steer ya right.

Good luck:thumbsup:

Ed
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.