Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
Yeah, it took 15-17 eco damn near 3 years.

I got 35500k on mine and just got a check engine light. Talk about timing. Engine is running like a clock and turbo is fine. Likely just a emission or sensor crapped out.
I hope it's nothing major. This could be a good test to see if the dealer claims the tune had something to do with the CEL.
Please keep us informed.
Thanks.
Sponsored

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
I feel like after my exhaust+procal+intercooler+cai the car doesnt know what to do, when i gun it, it starts off roaring but i feel like it just hangs up and i can feel like a "sucking" or just dead rev where from 4k-6500 it does dies off and doesnt progress any further in speed\pickup\pull etc.

anyone ever have this experience after a tune and items above?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have the same mods and mine pulls hard to the 6800 rpm rev limiter.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I feel like after my exhaust+procal+intercooler+cai the car doesnt know what to do, when i gun it, it starts off roaring but i feel like it just hangs up and i can feel like a "sucking" or just dead rev where from 4k-6500 it does dies off and doesnt progress any further in speed\pickup\pull etc.

You might need a v8.

But yeah, you're not going to get a "climbing" pull feel without a pro-tune and some corn juice. Even then, you're going to be limited by the turbo and down pipe.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
i guess i should of added, i didnt feel this dead not sure what to do feeling when it was stock...

I dont think there should ever be a response\power then bog \ deadness even when the throttle is fully engaged....

Sponsored

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
TC/AT does this in my car. Turn it off and no hesitation what so ever. Lots of wheel peeling though. Even 3rd. Give it a shot [MENTION=34098]emericA243[/MENTION]

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Seems as if my car is psychic. TC light flashes before it even fully shifts. I'd be telling your exact story if not for seeing the light on 2-3 and asking Lund Sr myself.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Yeah, as soon as it senses a slip, it cuts the power to the wheel. With good tires and a wicked urge to go crazy, no need for the nanny.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus

I actually just posted about this in my Oil leak/hesitation thread.

It's actually incredibly obvious, and my girl was the first to point it out. It pulls like hell and then like 2200-3000~ it just feels like it's hanging and doesn't really know what to do if I'm not 100% WOT. Very obvious.

I don't even have to really be pushing it to feel it. If I give it a solid 40% or so throttle you can still feel it, especially in second gear

Full exhaust + ATM IC + CAI + procal.

Sponsored

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Seems as if my car is psychic. TC light flashes before it even fully shifts. I'd be telling your exact story if not for seeing the light on 2-3 and asking Lund Sr myself.
Ill try that, but again I didn't have this feeling or have to do this when it was fully stock.

Yeah, as soon as it senses a slip, it cuts the power to the wheel. With good tires and a wicked urge to go crazy, no need for the nanny.
I hear that, but when it was stock didn't have the issue. I get the whole slippage with TC but I thought it applied breaking to the slipping wheel not power cut off?

I actually just posted about this in my Oil leak/hesitation thread.

It's actually incredibly obvious, and my girl was the first to point it out. It pulls like hell and then like 2200-3000~ it just feels like it's hanging and doesn't really know what to do if I'm not 100% WOT. Very obvious.

I don't even have to really be pushing it to feel it. If I give it a solid 40% or so throttle you can still feel it, especially in second gear

Full exhaust + ATM IC + CAI + procal.
Good to hear! I guess? lol. That sounds like same exact scenario to me. Is this normal? Was there a resolution? Im guessing not. I find it strange that i swear this didn't happen when I was fully stock, only after the same items you mentioned I felt like it happened.

I cant even tell after all the upgrades if the car is actually faster\more powerful etc because of this. I almost want to say because of the hesitation its poorer performance.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Stock won't have the power to spin the wheels lol. It definitely cuts power and you can just hear the engine growl like it's bogging.

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
Stock won't have the power to spin the wheels lol. It definitely cuts power and you can just hear the engine growl like it's bogging.
Lol I don't know if I agree with that, stock, gunning the car would definitely spin the wheels, with major wheel hop but I don't feel like I ever felt the bog\hesitation with no pull even though the engine in climbing. I don't know youre probably right, adding an extra 30? HP is probably enough to feel the difference.

If anything I just feel like I'm feeling -30HP now lol. I guess only way to really know would get dynod and get the numbers to show theyre actually better then stock?