Sponsored

Aftermarket differential cooler installation

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Ok so I am even more stupid than before, why would you need a manual shutoff or override switch, if the pump turns on at 170 and off below 170, why would you turn it off above 170 and let diff get hot?
This allows you manually control the coolers...this is advantageous when changing fluids, you can force the pumps on and force the circulation of replacement fluids, and, you can always turn on to test
pumps. The gauges inside the car look super cool to me. I was contemplating the a pillar mount of the gauges. But the factory sensors being in place and the Forscan tweak is good too.
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I installed the FTB kit in mine and I did not have a switch installed, just the thermos switch

OP
OP
GT_Dave

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I am now under the assumption that the factory sensors are installed for both differential and tranny? All we need to do is turn on with the Forscan tweak? If so, that’s easier than the OEM kit and the time involved to install it. Thanks��
Not so fast . . . The sensor for the differential is not installed for the Tech and Base models, only the transmission sensor is in place. In both cases for my gauges I added a port for the transmission sensor, I actually have 2 sensors on the trans, and used the existing port for the differential sensor. I used the sensors that came with the gauges and had to tap new larger size threads for the differential.
I think the OEM kit would have mostly useful parts, the wiring is up to you what you want to use.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Not so fast . . . The sensor for the differential is not installed for the Tech and Base models, only the transmission sensor is in place. In both cases for my gauges I added a port for the transmission sensor, I actually have 2 sensors on the trans, and used the existing port for the differential sensor. I used the sensors that came with the gauges and had to tap new larger size threads for the differential.
I think the OEM kit would have mostly useful parts, the wiring is up to you what you want to use.
Just to clarify as Ford has since corrected the colossal engineering/design/accounting mistake, this is for the '15/16 Techs and '16 Bases.

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Hi Dave,

Thank you. PM sent. Do you have a detailed parts list and perhaps a how do install for dummies? I have a bad back from the Army, and your solution is way easier than Fords due to less time and routing.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
You all have done some great work. I would think these ideas could be used to fab coolers for the Mustang GT.

bmarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Yes, not being a fabricator or even knowing how to order the custom radiator you used is an obstacle for some of us. And while the FR kit provides all the need parts, not enthused about having to drop the diff or lose the in dash gauge I struggled to activate. Is there any way to use the diff sensor for both the gauge and triggering the pump ? And now I wish I had decided on a final solution with the interior all pulled apart, not looking forward to doing that again soon.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I have this posted in a DIY but figured I would post here in this section because it is kind of a aftermarket diff cooler I guess.
20210424_110329.jpg
20210403_165302.jpg
20210320_103605.jpg
20210320_103549.jpg
20210319_212112.jpg
Sponsored