Sponsored

2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Depending on how crazy Ford Performance has gone with the GT500 it could warrant it's own reveal like the Dodge Demon. Even more so if there are different configs for different primary uses. Sounds like we might see a drag, track and all around variant of the car either via option packaging or designated models like GT500/GT500R/GT500KR.
Well I agree with you that it could warrant the big reveal at Detroit, Iā€™ve only heard about a more dedicated track package. I havenā€™t seen anything that leads me to believe thereā€™s going to be a drag pack/option.
Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Well I agree with you that it could warrant the big reveal at Detroit, Iā€™ve only heard about a more dedicated track package. I havenā€™t seen anything that leads me to believe thereā€™s going to be a drag pack/option.
Pretty sure one of the leaks posted showed a drag setting for drive selections. Iā€™m still hoping for drag pack option over base and under track pack with top dog 500R separate.
Heard rumors NAIAS moving up soon?
-J

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Pretty sure one of the leaks posted showed a drag setting for drive selections. Iā€™m still hoping for drag pack option over base and under track pack with top dog 500R separate.
Heard rumors NAIAS moving up soon?
-J
Thatā€™s just a drive selector for magride Iā€™m pretty sure. Iā€™m pretty sure on performance pack ā€˜18 cars you get that already. Itā€™s not an actual drag option package like the demon. Iā€™d love to see it as option I just donā€™t think itā€™s going to happen.

Farruko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red GT 2016
Depending on how crazy Ford Performance has gone with the GT500 it could warrant it's own reveal like the Dodge Demon. Even more so if there are different configs for different primary uses. Sounds like we might see a drag, track and all around variant of the car either via option packaging or designated models like GT500/GT500R/GT500KR.
Just.... forget about that.

A GT500KR or a ā€œDemon-Fighterā€ (drag variant) GT500 is just not happening.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Did you guys see the updates for 2019 gr350? Do you guys think that spoiler (very similar to the 350R) will carry over to the 500, same with the SC2 tired being standard?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...9-shelby-gt350-gets-a-bunch-of-little-tweaks/
I'm pretty sure the SC2 are going to be standard but not so sure about the wing. Maybe it will be "wingless" as standard and have the big spoiler that we have seen on the R variant.... or optional in both base and R.

Or maybe it does come with that wing at least as an option in the base GT500.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I'm pretty sure the SC2 are going to be standard but not so sure about the wing. Maybe it will be "wingless" as standard and have the big spoiler that we have seen on the R variant.... or optional in both base and R.

Or maybe it does come with that wing at least as an option in the base GT500.
Thatā€™s very possible, doesnā€™t look much different than the 350R wing. I prefer it over the larger gt4 inspired wing. I personally hope they offer an R variant with this style wing and then offer an ā€œextremeā€ package for the hardcore.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Thatā€™s very possible, doesnā€™t look much different than the 350R wing. I prefer it over the larger gt4 inspired wing. I personally hope they offer an R variant with this style wing and then offer an ā€œextremeā€ package for the hardcore.
I am expecting for this variants:
GT500 Street (base model)
GT500 Track (with added GT500R parts)
GT500R Street (like the GT500 Track but a little lighter, carbon fiber wheels, rear seat delete and that kind of stuff)
GT500R Track (Like the GT500R Street, but with all the aero "things" like the Camaro ZL1 1LE)

I HONESTLY don't want to see the regular GT500R having all those dive plane's, GT4 inspired wing, and a big ass front adjustable splitter (similar to the one on the BOSS 302LS) BUT I would love to see one *option* with all of those things included (like a really extreme version of it).

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I know that's a lot to ask for.... but please FORD, listen to me!!! hahahaha :ford:

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
That's what the aftermarket is for.
Yeah, but the aftermarket doesn't offer warrantied, tested, and functional parts. I'm not saying the aftermarket doesn't have a place, or that the parts are worthless, but when you're talking about a car with 700+ horsepower and the potential for significant aero, you don't just throw a wing on the front and back and call it a day. If you want that aero to be functional, not just drag-inducing, it all has to work together.

Chevy does a REALLY good job in offering various performance levels of both the Corvette and Camaro, and it's time that Ford starts doing the same.

JR

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I am expecting for this variants:
GT500 Street (base model)
GT500 Track (with added GT500R parts)
GT500R Street (like the GT500 Track but a little lighter, carbon fiber wheels, rear seat delete and that kind of stuff)
GT500R Track (Like the GT500R Street, but with all the aero "things" like the Camaro ZL1 1LE)

I HONESTLY don't want to see the regular GT500R having all those dive plane's, GT4 inspired wing, and a big ass front adjustable splitter (similar to the one on the BOSS 302LS) BUT I would love to see one *option* with all of those things included (like a really extreme version of it).
I hope what you listed happens. I like you, donā€™t want a full on GT4 inspired car, but I know there is a small niche market for it. I want literally the R street you listed above, lightness, CF wheels, some aero but also the ability to have some bells n whistles. They do that and Iā€™m in. If thereā€™s no in between and itā€™s base or all out track car Iā€™m probably out.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Nameless said:
I HONESTLY don't want to see the regular GT500R having all those dive plane's, GT4 inspired wing, and a big ass front adjustable splitter...

I do. I hope Ford goes all out just as GM did with the ZL1 1LE. The more that don't want it for that reason the better. It's about time Ford let go of the Shelby jacket wearing crowd and geared the GT500 up for more serious duty.

But they won't. Grandpas everywhere will be puttering along in the local parade in one soon enough.

Sigh.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I do. I hope Ford goes all out just as GM did with the ZL1 1LE. The more that don't want it for that reason the better. It's about time Ford let go of the Shelby jacket wearing crowd and geared the GT500 up for more serious duty.

But they won't. Grandpas everywhere will be puttering along in the local parade in one soon enough.

Sigh.
I feel like the 350/R was/is a step in this direction..and I hope the new 500 carries the torch :ford::cheers:
Sponsored